Moving SMS inbox contents from Samsung Wave to Galaxy S

Search This thread

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Is there any way I can move my SMS inbox/sent items to the Galaxy S from my Samsung wave?

Silverdragondk

Jun 20, 2009
I bet you can use Kies to do that? Go backup your sms' on Kies, and I'm sure you can import them to the SGS.

Regards

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
I was able to do that one with my contacts, but so far didnt find a way with my inbox

Silverdragondk

Jun 20, 2009
I was able to do that one with my contacts, but so far didnt find a way with my inbox

Yeah, I just had a look on Kies. Can copy texts from SGS to pc but not the other way around. Kinda sucks.
Only other thing I can think of is that apparently you should be able to backup sms to SD-card on the wave in the messaging app on the phone. Dunno how, but it's mentioned a few times on the web. Maybe that backup can be used?

Regards

Tyxerakias

Jun 19, 2010
London, UK
Yeah, I just had a look on Kies. Can copy texts from SGS to pc but not the other way around. Kinda sucks.
Only other thing I can think of is that apparently you should be able to backup sms to SD-card on the wave in the messaging app on the phone. Dunno how, but it's mentioned a few times on the web. Maybe that backup can be used?

Regards

I had a look at the manual, here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...01984/GT-S8500_UM_Open_Eng_Rev.1.3_100511.pdf

On page 44, it says that you can select a message, then click the ... button, and select "Backup to memory card".

Usually this results in a .xml file. In that case, you can then use the SMS Backup and Restore app from the market, to import the xml file to your Galaxy S.

Fred4807

Jan 15, 2017
Hello All,
I have a similar question but for MMS. My wife used an old S8530 as spare phone ; now she will be happy if I can transfer her MMS to his newly repaired phone... (and a happy wife make a happy man... but that's another topic....)
So, for SMS, no pronblem, it works fine with kies ver 2.6.3 (but you need 2 mobiles compatible with kies). Just connect them in the same time on the computer, then in Kies select the wave and in section "backup/restore" select "transfer to another device", select the android phone and you are done.
Trouble : MMS are NOT transfered.
Any Idea on how to proceed with these ?
(and for information I found the option of saving the messages to SD card, but it saves only SMS)
All suggestions are welcomed.
Fred
(although note that I can NOT log on samsung app but after log the app crashes [so not possible to download app via this portal])