XDA Market - A completely free appstore for Windows Mobile

Should I develop an XDA Market for Windows Phone 7?

• Yes

Votes: 1,138 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 268 18.4%
  • Other (please post your answer)

Votes: 54 3.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

MrKiller2010

Feb 7, 2012
Omg this is the best project made ever! BUT THE SAD PART IS THERES NO APPS OR ANYTHING FOT HTC TOUCH DIAMOND! :(

dusty666

Dec 17, 2007
Lods of apps

This is a really good idea... Thank god i saved all my old WM6.1 - 6.5 Apps... I got like 4GB apps that works with HTC Touch Diomond, Touch pro, Touch pro 2, htc p4350, htc s710, htc s720, htc s730 and htc s740. Maby a lot other phones can use em too but i only tested on those models. I will try to upload them as soon as possible.

ink718

Jan 30, 2008
NYC
This is nice man! Just saved the .cab for this just incase =). GREAT idea! Hope it gets more exposure from oldskool WM users.

Anyone here have an APP that connects to a server? I'm currently using: Mobile FTP Client & SoftX FTP Client and they don't connect to my server. Why not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    when I started this project i wanted to make an appstore for Windows Mobile where everyone can upload and download apps without paying anything.
    Now thats the result:

Whats the idea of the XDA Market?
    There is already an appstore for Windows Mobile (MS Marketplace) BUT you have to pay money in order to publish your apps.
    So I started developing the XDA Market. Everything here is for free. I want to give developers the possibility to get much user and much feedback, without paying.

Developers
    -Upload your own apps for everyone without paying anything.
    -Everyone can access and download your app without the need of a registration.
    -Publish updates through xda market: Be sure everyone will get them.
    -Detailed download statistic.
    [-Custom url feature.]
    Users
    -Browse through apps for your device.
    -Rate, comment and download them.
    -Favorite apps and never miss an update.
    -Share apps you like with the rest of the world

Working on
    -Rom hosting feature
    -Windows Phone 7 client
    -PC client
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    News
    -Rom hosting feature will be added soon

!!Feel free to upload all freeware apps you found !!
    The Download for the Client and much more can be found here:
    Server BACK ONLINE !! !
    http://xdamarket.net/
    Feel free to upload some freeware, or your developed apps :)

XDA Market coasts anti1000 and me some money, if you want to support us just click on some ads on the website or
    Donate
    Networks
    Follow us on Twitter: @xdamarket or on Facebook

Credits:
    M.Schmidler: Website design
    michyprima: Sense SDK

Anti1000 and Davidgiga:
    -Server Hosting
    -Development
    -Everything else
    Back online

XDA Market is back online !!
    http://xdamarket.net

We now have your own server !
    Also we switched to php instead of asp.net.
    If you found any bugs just post it here, I fill fix them as soon as I can
    Link is not working here:(
    i have the newest:) the message appears when i select an app... ( except the app in the newest's category....) the informations about it don't appear, but i can download it....

Thanks, I will fix that ! :)
    Is there any interest from the developers in continuing its development and, more importantly, getting its library filled up with what's out there?
    If there is, I'd be first in line for donating and in helping getting the library filled - but if it's pretty much abandoned, what's the point?
    I realize there's also the O!Market application, but that relies completely on the freewarepocketpc.net website with all of its quirks* - and is also rather lacking.
    .............................................................................
    Yes, I know WM is 'dead' - but the devices aren't, and the XDA Market would be a great way to get people with WM devices introduced to the myriad of apps out there without having to sift through pages and pages of listings or forum posts (as I'm currently doing. Did you know there's 19 screenshot apps?).

I'd second this- I'm used to trawling at least 4 different sites, not to mention the forum pages here. It seems like there are some good apps which have been published/ continue to be in individual device forums, leaving people with other devices with no idea. I've found good stuff in the X1 Apps and Games thread for example, but I've got an HD2. I guess a stopgap solution is for anyone to give a heads up on the generic Apps and Games thread whenever they find anything which isn't yet on there. Being able to access this information on a mobile app store would be substatially better. As always thanks for the work that has been put into this project!