16th November 2016, 01:48 AM |#251  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,429

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzchem

I'll give the ROM you suggested a go and see if I can eventually get ARISE loaded. Based on some cursory reads regarding this ROM, have the SD card and GPS bugs been worked out? I have a 200GB SD card in my phone with data that I'm not willing to compromise. I can put the ROM, Gapps, V4A, etc. zips directly on the phone and remove the SD while flashing, if that's best. I use the GPS in my car so can live with GPS issues if they're still a little flaky. Both Waze and Google Maps have sent me where I wasn't supposed to end up.

Thanks for all the links. It makes things much easier.

One last request, I'd really like to ensure that I flash the best ARISE package for my phone/system once I'm done blitzing it. Which V4A zip do you recommend? (ARISE+Sound+Systems+Deuteronomy+2.3.3.zip still looks to be the latest and greatest but better safe than sorry.)

I didn't really go all the way through the thread. I currently have a T-Mo Note 4. I started this thread a long time ago on a different phone and carrier. I've used Tema's ROM on both a Note 3 and 4. That's why I recommended it. I went through the last several pages until I found a few posts saying what version people reverted to after running into bugs/broken functionality. That's v12 of this ROM. IF you run into GPS issues, we'll deal with them then. You have a nandroid of your current setup, so there's really no reason not to flash and see what happens. You can always restore.

I use ARISE Deut v2.2.3. To me, it has the best sound. It's been removed from AFH, but I'll upload it below...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ARISE Sound Systems Deuteronomy 2.2.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.85 MB, 66 views)

17th November 2016, 11:57 PM |#252  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

I didn't really go all the way through the thread. I currently have a T-Mo Note 4. I started this thread a long time ago on a different phone and carrier. I've used Tema's ROM on both a Note 3 and 4. That's why I recommended it. I went through the last several pages until I found a few posts saying what version people reverted to after running into bugs/broken functionality. That's v12 of this ROM. IF you run into GPS issues, we'll deal with them then. You have a nandroid of your current setup, so there's really no reason not to flash and see what happens. You can always restore.

I use ARISE Deut v2.2.3. To me, it has the best sound. It's been removed from AFH, but I'll upload it below...

I flashed the CM ROM that you suggested. (I'll be honest, not a fan of their work even though I use one of their ROMs on my Nook HD+)

I flashed gApps.

Dalvik/cache/System/Data.....all were wiped in the order prescribed.

Those reading this better flash the SU zip or you'll lose root and have to go back and do so. Trust me.

OK, I get past all of that bullshirt and now I'm running a new ROM that's rooted and recognizing SU so I finally have root access.

Next thing I know, it won't recognize my SD card. I've got this shiny "new" ROM that will not communicate with my SD card.

I get "Process system isn't responding - - Do you want to close it?" message. My options are Wait or OK. I've tried both with no success. Apparently this ROM has no intentions of recognizing my SD card. Does it need to format my card before it will recognize it? It's a 200GB card with a LOT of data that I will not compromise.

I even tried with a dummy SD card that I don't care about just to see if I could get this operational.

I hoped that downloading/installing the NextApp SDFix would alleviate the issue. Nope. My SD card will not be recognized by this ROM.

THIS is why I stopped chasing ROMs. I enjoyed testing new ROMs back in the day but now need a stable phone that I can count on. THIS is why I just root the stock ROM and live with it. A rooted stock ROM with all non-essential apps (BS) frozen via TiBackup tends to work. Custom ROMs are bug festivals that require all kinds of debugging by those testing them.

This ROM doesn't appear to be that stable unless someone can tell me what I need to do to get my SD card recognized. If doing so involves formatting it, I'm going back to stock and will consider the Viper4Arise a pipe dream that I won't achieve.

I get this message: Platform permission file is invalid, no WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE entry found.

What the hell am I missing?
18th November 2016, 04:44 AM |#253  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzchem

What the hell am I missing?

Gratitude? I'm not your personal tech support. The devs here do all this work for free. Stick to stock. You won't have to "deal" with bugs or people trying to help you.
18th November 2016, 05:50 AM |#254  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

Gratitude? I'm not your personal tech support. The devs here do all this work for free. Stick to stock. You won't have to "deal" with bugs or people trying to help you.

I am most grateful for all of the help you've given and I apologize that my frustration level has gotten to this point.
This is the first time I've had to throw in the towel in defeat.
As badly as I want this app installed, apparently I lack what it takes to do so.
That is no reflection on anyone but me.
21st March 2017, 01:47 AM |#255  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does not work on rooted Note 3 SM-N900V with Lollipop upgrade. NO good Root apps seem to work on this pile of stool device... It took me a month of research just freaking get root!!! All for not, it seems... I can't get dick done with my newfound access. Too bad, because I refuse to get a new phone, as none of them have removable batteries and SD card slots. I guess I'm stuck with this phone until it is no longer usable on any cell network
24th March 2017, 08:02 PM |#256  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi2014

Does not work on rooted Note 3 SM-N900V with Lollipop upgrade. NO good Root apps seem to work on this pile of stool device... It took me a month of research just freaking get root!!! All for not, it seems... I can't get dick done with my newfound access. Too bad, because I refuse to get a new phone, as none of them have removable batteries and SD card slots. I guess I'm stuck with this phone until it is no longer usable on any cell network

As an ARISE Team member, I'm not going to suggest you install our mod #ARISEUP
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...earch-t3379709
24th March 2017, 09:21 PM |#257  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi2014

I feel your pain. (The Note 4 has removable batteries/SD BTW if you want to stick with the Samsung Note series).

Getting the Note 3 SM-900V rooted is very easily done.

Unfortunately, getting Viper to work on a rooted Note 3 SM-900V will not work unless a custom ROM is installed. Even rooted, the stock ROM is too restrictive.

Read through this thread to see the pain I went through trying to make it work on my rooted SM-900V with stock ROM. No way in hell could I get Viper to work no matter what I tried. Like you, I got frustrated and lashed out at the very people trying to help me. Lashing out at people trying to help proved to be a bad move on my part and will prove to be a bad move on your part. These guys aren't getting paid. They're doing what they do to help us without a paycheck. They owe us nothing. I know how it feels when you need to vent but it's self-destructive to vent at those willing to assist you when they are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts rather than for a payday.

Don't knock the Viper guys. They've busted their butts to make a fantastic audio platform the likes of which are unparalleled. When you're rooted and ready to install a custom ROM, you have a chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to bozzchem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bozzchem Ad-Free
16th August 2017, 07:10 AM |#258  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
For anyone still trying this, just got it to work after flashing stock OF1 ROM.
Here are the steps that worked for me after flashing stock OF1 ROM (links at the bottom):
1. Root
2. Unlock bootloader
3. Flash TWRP or any other recovery
4. Install Viper4Android as system app and reboot
5. Open Viper4Android, install driver and reboot into recovery
6. Flash viper4Android supolicy
7. Open Viper4Android and nothing would work at this point (Atleast not for me)
8. Open Viper4Android and uninstall driver, after that delete Viper4Android from system/app
9. Reboot
10. Install Viper4Android as system app and reboot
11. Open Viper4Android and install driver and reboot for the last time
12. Disable default equalizer from Settings -> Applications-> All -> SoundAlive -> Disable
13. Now Viper4Android works with stock music app and spotify (If you open SoundAlive from Samsung Music, Viper4Android opens up)
14. To get it working with PowerAmp inside go to Settings -> Audio -> Advanced Tweaks -> Uncheck Direct Volume Control and Check MusicFX

For steps 1, 2 and 3: Root, Bootloader Unlock, and Custom Recovery!
For steps 4 and 5: Viper4Android only Version 2.3.4.0 works for me Mediafire
For step 6: Get the file from Step 3 here
20th August 2017, 11:33 PM |#259  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i using Joying head unit and can't install twrp
hello
many of days i researching to find solution to install Arise twrp recovery on my car but i can't to enter recovery mode because it limited by Joying .
what is best choice for me to use enhanced sound audio in my car?
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sound mod, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)