[ROM][4.4.4][AOSP][{Un,}Official] CM11.0 (KitKat)

Search This thread

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
Thank you for the explanation.
I knew about POWER and VOL- combo but didn't know about the mentioned one.
So, the only possible workaround would be a hardware modification.

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
I've been having a charging issue with my phone starting today. It must have not been plugged in when I went to bed last night because when I woke up, the power was down to 33%. I plugged it in and hung in bed for an hour or so this morning, but when I checked my phone, the battery hadn't charged past 34%. I gave the phone a reboot and let it sit on airplane mode for a while, and it got up to 40%. Then I tried turning it off and letting it sit for a half hour charging, but that didn't get it any further.

I hard reset the device by holding the power button and it managed to get up to 50% when I let it charge for a bit, but since then it's idled. I rebooted again and checked out CWM Recovery, and the weird thing is, my battery reads as 99% in CWM. When I reboot system, I'm back to ~50%. It can drain and it can say it's charging, but it never goes beyond that ceiling.

I opened it up and tightened the screws on the battery (I replaced it previously with one from Amazon, but the thing was terrible so I put the original back in). I've hard reset it again, and it still stalls.

I downloaded Ampere, and that tells me that it's not charging at all, but also gets a Good health reading on my battery.

qBFXKQC.png

So that leads me to my question: If this is a software issue and my best bet is to reflash a ROM, I need to know what I am safe flashing. The current build on my phone is cm-11-20150426-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip. It worked for me, so I just never updated with all of the new nightlies.

Because I have been so hands-off for the last two years, I've actually forgotten when you absolutely need to do a wipe prior to a flash. Is it safe going from cm-11-20150426-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip to any build after that? Can I just jump to cm-11-20160815-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip, the last unofficial build, or was there something with Snapshots that I'm forgetting that I cannot flash?

If @stargo has moved on from this project, if anyone could give me that much layman's knowledge, whether it's @sd_shadow or another newb, I would really appreciate it.

I've got another Droid 4, and I've swapped that battery into my current phone as I write this. Hopefully that battery will charge just fine, and I can just move on, maybe pick up another off eBay for the battery, and hope that the Blackberry Mercury blows me away on Saturday so I'll just shell out the cash... Or maybe I'll just suck it up and buy a new phone and adapt to a world without keyboards like so many have...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for letting me shout into the void!

bofis

Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I've been having a charging issue with my phone starting today. It must have not been plugged in when I went to bed last night because when I woke up, the power was down to 33%. I plugged it in and hung in bed for an hour or so this morning, but when I checked my phone, the battery hadn't charged past 34%. I gave the phone a reboot and let it sit on airplane mode for a while, and it got up to 40%. Then I tried turning it off and letting it sit for a half hour charging, but that didn't get it any further.

I hard reset the device by holding the power button and it managed to get up to 50% when I let it charge for a bit, but since then it's idled. I rebooted again and checked out CWM Recovery, and the weird thing is, my battery reads as 99% in CWM. When I reboot system, I'm back to ~50%. It can drain and it can say it's charging, but it never goes beyond that ceiling.

I opened it up and tightened the screws on the battery (I replaced it previously with one from Amazon, but the thing was terrible so I put the original back in). I've hard reset it again, and it still stalls.

I downloaded Ampere, and that tells me that it's not charging at all, but also gets a Good health reading on my battery.

qBFXKQC.png

So that leads me to my question: If this is a software issue and my best bet is to reflash a ROM, I need to know what I am safe flashing. The current build on my phone is cm-11-20150426-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip. It worked for me, so I just never updated with all of the new nightlies.

Because I have been so hands-off for the last two years, I've actually forgotten when you absolutely need to do a wipe prior to a flash. Is it safe going from cm-11-20150426-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip to any build after that? Can I just jump to cm-11-20160815-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip, the last unofficial build, or was there something with Snapshots that I'm forgetting that I cannot flash?

If @stargo has moved on from this project, if anyone could give me that much layman's knowledge, whether it's @sd_shadow or another newb, I would really appreciate it.

I've got another Droid 4, and I've swapped that battery into my current phone as I write this. Hopefully that battery will charge just fine, and I can just move on, maybe pick up another off eBay for the battery, and hope that the Blackberry Mercury blows me away on Saturday so I'll just shell out the cash... Or maybe I'll just suck it up and buy a new phone and adapt to a world without keyboards like so many have...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for letting me shout into the void!

Sounds like it was a bad cell in your other battery, so hopefully swapping with another Droid 4 fixes your issue, that is, unless the microUSB port or cable is the problem. That being said, I think you've hung onto your Droid 4 long enough that you should totally consider treating yourself to the BlackBerry Mercury, I know that's what my wife is extremely excited for -- she's never wanted to watch a phone announcement live before ;)

As for flashing a different version of the ROM, as long as you move upwards in versions you should not have to wipe data, it only becomes an issue if you try to drop back down to a previous version that it's best to wipe data because some settings can get corrupted or confused. Good luck!

Reactions: sd_shadow

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
Sounds like it was a bad cell in your other battery, so hopefully swapping with another Droid 4 fixes your issue, that is, unless the microUSB port or cable is the problem. That being said, I think you've hung onto your Droid 4 long enough that you should totally consider treating yourself to the BlackBerry Mercury, I know that's what my wife is extremely excited for -- she's never wanted to watch a phone announcement live before ;)

As for flashing a different version of the ROM, as long as you move upwards in versions you should not have to wipe data, it only becomes an issue if you try to drop back down to a previous version that it's best to wipe data because some settings can get corrupted or confused. Good luck!

Haha, I have a feeling when I'm at work Saturday I may just be glued to the stream as well. I've also gone and acquired an iPhone QWERTY case and popped off the iPhone mount so I can place a backing of any other Android phone on the slide out part and pair it with the Bluetooth keyboard.

So far so good on the charge. It was at 62% when I sat down to watch Scorcese's Silence with my father an hour ago, so fingers crossed, when the movie's done, so will be my phone charge.

The odd thing is when I put the "bad" battery into the other phone, it booted and read 100% right away. Not really sure what to make of that. I can't be sure which battery has less wear because I bought both phones used, although I have been using the more recent purchase as my daily driver for almost a year and a half now.

Thank you for the ROM clarification too. Hopefully it won't come to that because I have some app data (TextNow conversations) that I would lose if I were to wipe and start over. If there's a way to back up that data up and restore it, I'm unaware of it. Otherwise I'd be more keen to do a wipe and flash.

bofis

Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Thank you for the ROM clarification too. Hopefully it won't come to that because I have some app data (TextNow conversations) that I would lose if I were to wipe and start over. If there's a way to back up that data up and restore it, I'm unaware of it. Otherwise I'd be more keen to do a wipe and flash.

You're rooted, wouldn't that get backed up by Titanium Backup? I always do a full backup of all user apps + data with TiBu before any wipe, can also use it to backup/restore system apps and settings, but that's riskier, some things like Bluetooth pairings never seem to work right, and backing up SMS database and restoring never seemed worth it since I use SMS Backup+ to save all my SMS/MMS to an SMS label in gmail.

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
You're rooted, wouldn't that get backed up by Titanium Backup? I always do a full backup of all user apps + data with TiBu before any wipe, can also use it to backup/restore system apps and settings, but that's riskier, some things like Bluetooth pairings never seem to work right, and backing up SMS database and restoring never seemed worth it since I use SMS Backup+ to save all my SMS/MMS to an SMS label in gmail.

I haven't used Titanium Backup since Froyo or Gingerbread, so I honestly don't know if that would pick up the conversation threads. I know they are stored locally because they time out and get archived on TextNow's end and don't appear if I log in elsewhere. I guess I can look into it, making a backup on this phone and trying to restore the app on my other phone. I guess that would be liberating to know because that and a deactivated email account are the only reason I never reflashed a newer ROM on this device. I know things beyond CM11 weren't optimal on the Droid 4, but I would still update to the cm-11-20160815-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip build, which is over a year newer than what I'm on currently. And then I guess going forward, should I get a new phone, I could still carry that data with me if I felt that strongly.

K_Meleon

Nov 1, 2010
Braunschweig
www.mikrosol.de
I had a similar issue with my battery: Completely removing it from the phone seems to fix that issue. At least I can charge to 100% again now.

Regarding your TextNow conversations:
I created a TWRP backup of CM13 to evaluate LineageOS 13. For some reason I can't get that backup working again even in the same slot (stock), but I wanted to restore my Whatsapp conversations. Without booting CM13, I thought everything is lost. I read that Titanium Backup is capable of reading TWRP backups (after I bought the PRO version) and indeed: I was able to import my TWRP backup, selected Whatsapp for restoring and all the conversations were restored even without performing the verification again. Important for making it work is that WhatsApp is installed BEFORE restoring the data. I even didn't need to reboot. Great tool! So, if you create a backup of TextNow, it can restore everything I guess.

Last edited:

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
I had a similar issue with my battery: Completely removing it from the phone seems to fix that issue. At least I can charge to 100% again now.

Regarding your TextNow conversations:
I created a TWRP backup of CM13 to evaluate LineageOS 13. For some reason I can't get that backup working again even in the same slot (stock), but I wanted to restore my Whatsapp conversations. Without booting CM13, I thought everything is lost. I read that Titanium Backup is capable of reading TWRP backups (after I bought the PRO version) and indeed: I was able to import my TWRP backup, selected Whatsapp for restoring and all the conversations were restored even without performing the verification again. Important for making it work is that WhatsApp is installed BEFORE restoring the data. I even didn't need to reboot. Great tool! So, if you create a backup of TextNow, it can restore everything I guess.

It ended up being the charging port on the phone. It's probably tweaked in some way and doesn't get a good connection with charging cables anymore. I swapped the battery with my other Droid 4 and it still did the same thing. Tried different cables and usb blocks, but it still either doesn't charge or says it's charging and the power goes down over time.

I did a backup of TextNow with Titanium Backup and restored the app and data to the new Droid 4 running Lineage OS 13. First restore just got the app and I had to log into my account. Then I restored again over that and it made me log in again, but this time all of my text threads were there in their complete form. So glad I know that's capable.

ALSO OF NOTE: Not to take away from the purpose of this thread, but I read about a Moto Mods competition going on over at IndieGoGo. Someone wants to mass produce a physical keyboard attachment for Moto Mods compatible phones. Definitely worth a look.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/physical-keyboard-mod-for-moto-z/x/16227759#/

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
Tried the Lineage OS 13 Marshmallow ROM for this phone for the last week or so. Not sure if it's the hardware on the phone, Marshmallow, LOS, or the ROM for this phone, but my battery life is awful and I'm not gonna stay. Kit Kat on this phone was really the most stable thing I had going for over a year.

Is the build titled "cm-11-20160815-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip" from this page of the CM 11 unofficial builds my best bet? Was there a better build or an issue with that build I should avoid?

Hummtaro

Jun 13, 2012
I also think CM11 is the best and fastest Rom for this Device.
While both Google, and LineageOS still support KitKat, it would be very nice if you could make a current LinOS 11 Build. :)

Edit:
I've just build a new LineageOS 11 for my Droid 4 with latest patches.

Download is here: Mediafire (Private Mirror)

Build with Uber Toolchain 4.9

Changes from Upstream:
- New LineageOS Bootanimation
- Can be installed to Safe slot (Info & Source)
- Localized keypad layouts from XT897 (Source)

If you are on GSM Network, you still need the GSM Patch.
If you want to use Xposed, you need to flash this fix and use this Xposed Installer.
If you have problems with AOSP Keyboard and Gestureinput flash this fix after gapps.

Thanks ^-^

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-06-09-44-36.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-06-09-44-36.png
    91 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_2017-04-06-09-45-55.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-06-09-45-55.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
@Hummtaro

Thank you for your work.
I also find CM11 the best for Droid 4 mostly due to its lightness and speed.
I would like to build the LineageOS11 on my own.
Is the source code (including your changes) available somewhere?

Hummtaro

Jun 13, 2012
LineageOS 11.0 with April patches

lineage-11-20170417-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip: Mediafire (Private Mirror)
Older Builds on Mediafire

Changes from Upstream:
- Localized keypad layouts based on AsantiKeypad from XT897 (Source)
- April security patch commits included.

Changes from March build:
- Keypad layouts renamed from Asanti to Maserati

If you want to use Xposed, you need to flash this fix and use this Xposed Installer.
If you have problems with Swype in AOSP Keyboard flash this fix after Gapps. (Usually happens if you use gapps newer than 2014, should also help if you don't use any gapps)

Thanks ^-^

Thank you for your work.
I also find CM11 the best for Droid 4 mostly due to its lightness and speed.
I would like to build the LineageOS11 on my own.
Is the source code (including your changes) available somewhere?

I forked both device trees on github: maserati and omap4-common.
To change bootanimation, just replace /vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/480.zip with bootanimation.zip from my build or generate it by yourself using this script based on android_vendor_cm.
To find and include latest commits, take a look on review.lineageos.org

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-17-20-43-33.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-17-20-43-33.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Older Builds on Mediafire

Changes from Upstream:
- Localized keypad layouts based on AsantiKeypad from XT897 (Source)
- April security patch commits included.

Changes from March build:
- Keypad layouts renamed from Asanti to Maserati

If you have problems with Swype in AOSP Keyboard flash this fix after Gapps. (Usually happens if you use gapps newer than 2014, should also help if you don't use any gapps)

Thanks ^-^

I forked both device trees on github: maserati and omap4-common.
To change bootanimation, just replace /vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/480.zip with bootanimation.zip from my build or generate it by yourself using this script based on android_vendor_cm.
To find and include latest commits, take a look on review.lineageos.org

Hello @Hummtaro,

Would you be able to build a LineageOS 11 build with the custom tool chain for the XT912 Spyder? All of the KitKat ROMs are old and outdated, so it would be nice to have a secure ROM.

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
Just for the information purposes.
There is no commits directly in the Motrola Droid 4's kernel so the CM11 builds are not 100% safe even if they have security date set to the newest available.
For example in my own build I use now with security patches dated on 1 march 2017 (I know, not the newest) AndroidVTS detects vulnerability for CVE-2015-6616.
It seems that the Droid 4's kernel might not include some security patches.

CVE-2015-6616

Of couse it's about CM11, not the newer versions.

Last edited:

Hummtaro

Jun 13, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for building this ROM. It boots and doesn't have any issues. Is this compiled with a custom toolchain and patched the ability to install to the safe slot?

Just the same as my maserati build. :)
If it works without problems, i could post it in a spyder thread next time..

Edit: I noticed my setup currently doesn't use the custom toolchain.. I will fix this and upload new builds next days..

Last edited:

xnopasaranx

Aug 26, 2011
Down the rabbit hole
Wow, thank you very very much for this updated ROM! I was almost about to get my N900 going again after struggling with CM12 and later Android versions... all I wanted was to get a stable ROM for my droid 4 :D

SuDoHack

Dec 12, 2012

Thanks for this!

My trusty HTC Desire Z is causing me lots of trouble lately and I refuse to give up on a physical keyboard. Recently purchased a refurbed Droid 4, which came running CM13. I found it terribly unstable, with lots of lockups and reboots. I was able to stumble my way through installing this ROM along with gapps nano. So far everything seems to be running much snappier and very stable! Hoping this ROM change might also help with reception, compared to the Desire, I found reception to be very poor. In the woods almost off grid I was able to get 2 bars on my Desire, but nothing on the Droid 4 (unless I have an empty soda can beside it!?)

Thanks!

SuDoHack

Dec 12, 2012
uh oh!

The phone was running really well for a while, but today it went a bit haywire. When I was turning off the hotspot, it became unresponsive to the touch screen, and was also clicking things on it's own. I was eventually able to reboot, but then fell into a boot loop. It gets through one rotation of the Lineage loading Logo and then freezes and tries to reboot again.

I tried booting into safestrap and wiped the cache and dalvik, as well as installing the rom overtop without doing a data wipe, as has been recommended to others in this thread. But that didn't seem to have any affect.

Do I have any other recourse? Or should I just wipe and reinstall the Rom? Just got things tweaked the way I like it, don't really relish having to go through all the setup again.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11.0 (KitKat) unofficial builds for the Droid 4

I'm now pushing my changes directly to CM, so nearly everyone can just use the official nightlies (except if you are still using BMM).

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

These are WIP builds of porting CM11.0 to the Droid 4 (and probably also other devices using the same device/motorola/omap4-common-infrastructure). They probably won't work, so don't expect too much. Use on your own risk!

Builds:
    Final official build (XNG3C):
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/ maserati spyder targa umts_spyder

Current manual builds:
    http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/unofficial/

Official builds (for everyone not using BMM):
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=maserati

Obsolete automatic nightly builds:
    http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/maserati/

Obsolete old/manual builds:
    http://bork.cs.fau.de/~michael/d4/cm11/

Changes:
    • 2016-01-04:
    • 2015-11-15:
    • 2015-09-01:
    • 2015-06-26:
    • 2015-05-22:
    • 2015-04-26:
    • 2015-04-12:
    • 2015-04-05:
    • 2015-03-29:
    • 2015-03-2{7,8}:
    • 2014-02-21:
      • Switch to CM kernel, all relevant kernel-patches are now upstream
      • Added fixes for audio, usb and modem
    • 2014-02-18:
      • Add wakelocks to ALS/proximity-sensor to prevent I2C-stalls
    • 2014-02-04:
      • Enable camera-sensor calibration
    • 2014-01-26:
      • Fix permissions for sdcard0, fixes apps on sd-card
    • 2014-01-25:
      • Increased suspend-delay in USB-host, next try to fix the suspend_wakelock
    • 2014-01-24:
      • Re-add MDM6600 reset on boot, might fix signal-loss issues. Users with a SIM PIN get a PIN-dialog after flashing the GSM patch.
    • 2014-01-22:
      • Fixed wireless driver writing to foreign kernel memory
    • 2014-01-21:
      • Fixed permissions of the DRM device-files, enable playback of secure content
    • 2014-01-19:
      • Apply omapzoom-fix for the st_wake_lock and remove my hack. This improves powersaving on some devices, where UART4 would not get disabled
    • 2014-01-17:
      • Reverted a motorola-workaround for an USB bug as the upstream omapzoom-fix is already applied and seems to be more correct. Probably fixes suspend_backoff wakelock
      • Completely switch back to ti wpa_supplicant
      • Fix permissions of battd-files, now battd can even read and write its calibration information
    • 2014-01-16:
      • Added a possible fix for the display not always waking up
    • 2014-01-13:
      • More camera fixes. HD recording (and the camera itself) should be stable now.
    • 2014-01-11:
      • Updated domx and kernel rpmsg-interface. This fixed many camera problems (hangs/mediaserver crashes). Additionally it makes focal usable now
    • 2014-01-10:
      • Enabled HD video recording. If the camera app crashes after taking a video, just reopen it (sometimes twice), this will be fixed in a future update.
    • 2014-01-06:
      • Enabled KSM
    • 2014-01-02:
      • More fixes for USB-problems (suspend related)
    • 2013-12-30:
      • Merge upstream changes (enables BLE)
    • 2013-12-25:
      • More camera tweaks
    • 2013-12-24:
      • Workaround for CM now depending on QCOM camera and crashing with everything else
      • Emit set_perms in updater-script again
      • Don't mount / as ro, fixes sd-cards again
    • 2013-12-23:
      • More fixes for USB-erratas
      • 5s timeout for the st_wake_lock
    • 2013-12-22:
      • Cherry-picked fixes for USB-erratas on omap4430 (suspend/resume)
    • 2013-12-18:
      • set_perms-hack removed
    • 2013-12-17:
      • Don't hold st_wakelock until BT/GPS is used for the first time
      • Some power-management fixes cherry-picked from omapzoom
    • 2013-12-14:
      • set CMUpdater-URL to own backend
    • 2013-12-13:
      • Torch-tile (Quick Settings) fixed
    • 2013-12-11:
      • Use hostapd from wpa_supplicant_8_ti and wpa_supplicant from wpa_supplicant_8 (fixes WiFi-tether)
      • 3G fixed by setting the data registration-state
    • 2013-12-07:
      • Update to Android 4.4.1
    • 2013-12-05:
      • Just a build with the latest CM11.0-changes
    • 2013-12-01:
      • Re-enable building TI WPAN support (fixes bluetooth)
    • 2013-11-30:
      • Just a build with the latest CM11.0-changes
    • 2013-11-28:
      • Revert "Reset MDM6600 on bootup", this should be safe to flash again for users having a SIM-PIN
    • 2013-11-27: *DO NOT FLASH*
      • Respect "usevoicetechfordata" RIL-setting again
      • Reset MDM6600 on bootup, this leads to problems with SIM-PINs, do not flash!
    • 2013-11-26:
      • Merge upstream fixes
      • Enable new boot-animation
      • Fix a crash in the hwcomposer
    • 2013-11-24:
      • Disable fsck_msdos for now to see if this solves the sd-card-problems
    • 2013-11-23-2:
      • Revert sd-card changes, sd-cards are now writeable again
    • 2013-11-23:
      • Some more sd-card related changes, this now breaks sd-cards completely...
      • Unconditionally enable gsm-preferences
      • Revert new boot-animation, as it crashes the system on boot
      • Merge upstream kernel/motorola/omap4-common-commits by dhacker29
    • 2013-11-22:
      • Merge upstream devices/motorola/omap4-common-commits by dhacker29
    • 2013-11-21:
      • Fix black-boxes in chromium webview (using this patch)
    • 2013-11-19:
      • Use CPU-path for taking screenshots (Fixes graphical glitches on rotation, and probably hangs, but not black-boxes, they are a PowerVR/chromium bug)
      • Fixed internal and external sd-card mounting
    • 2013-11-18-2:
      • Enable (empty) methods used by audio-blob (fixes audio)
    • 2013-11-18:
      • Don't use TI wpa_supplicant but stock Android one (fixes WiFi)
    • 2013-11-17:
      • First booting build

What's working:
    • Phone (tested on Verizon and on GSM/UMTS in Europe)
    • Mobile Data (tested on Verizon and on GSM/UMTS in Europe)
    • WiFi
    • WiFi-tethering
    • GPS
    • 3G and 1X mobile data (on Verizon)
    • Camera
    • HDMI, thanks to @lucize

What's not working:
    Probably most everything else, including, but not limited to:
    • sd-card-location can not be swapped between internal and external sd-card
    • ART, as it is still in heavy development upstream (same as for all other 4.4-Roms)

Differences to official builds:
    • USB-Host changes trying to fix suspend_backoff issues (integrated into CM)
    • Many power-saving related kernel-changes (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-18)
    • Updated display controller-driver to fix dead display on wakeup (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-20)
    • HD video recording, newer camera libraries (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-14)
    • Camera sensor DCC file-loading fixed (integrated into CM)
    • Working WiFi tethering (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-17)
    • Installable with older recoveries
    • Some other small omap4-common changes (integrated into CM)

Gapps:
    There are currently multiple Gapps-versions floating around, which might or might not work.
    To install current Gapps-packages without errors, you should upgrade to SafeStrap 3.75.

BasketBuild: https://basketbuild.com/gapps

CM: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Dhacker29 provides gapps which are compatible with recoveries not supporting set_metadata (like SafeStrap <= 3.73) (mirror):
    http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/dhacker-gapps/

Other gapps-versions from Dhacker29 (using set_metadata, which leads to an error during installation):
    http://d-h.st/EIM
    http://d-h.st/F0D

Installation:

GSM users:
    To use this CM11.0-ROM on GSM-networks you should install Mentor.37's GSM patch

Source / Repositories:

These builds are currently just test-builds, I don't know if I will find the time to continue maintaining device support for the Droid 4 on CM11.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM 11.0 on Motorola Droid4, ROM for the Motorola Droid 4

Contributors
    stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: XNG3C
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-01
    Current Beta Version: 2016-01-04
    Beta Release Date: 2016-01-04

Created 2014-11-23
    Last Updated 2016-01-04
    Congrats to Stargo on being added as an official CM Motorola OMAP4 device maintainer!

Thanks to you for all your help :)

I'll try to fix the bugs and will keep maintaining the OMAPs :)

This also means that I will shortly stop building my unofficial images, when I have merged all useful changes back into the CM repositories. The officials will then have all my fixes.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi,

I've just updated the first post, added a small changelog for the new build and fixed gapps-links.
    There will be another build including this shortly.

Cheers,
    Michael
    I apologize for this non-ROM related post:

Congrats to Stargo on being added as an official CM Motorola OMAP4 device maintainer!

(probably long over due)

Please refrain from posting "congrats" messages in this thread and maybe find one of his messages to add a "thanks" to.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Nice job man!

I was hoping devs would step in and continue on with these great devices. You don't know how happy I was to see this build.

(I'm not just tossing this out there, I actually flashed this build and ran through it.)