Clear Battery Door?

Would you purchase a clear battery door for your EVO?

• Total voters
Search This thread

kpoz

May 24, 2010
Chicago
www.androidguys.com
I was at the HTC launch event for the Aria this week in Chicago, and one of HTC's representatives discussed the future release of clear battery doors for the Aria in order to show off the phone's yellow interior. These would be produced by HTC.

I would love the same for the EVO. Has anyone seen one?

Last edited:

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009
There aren't any as of yet. It's been suggested, but nobody makes one. You can buy any kind of battery door at the moment.

I suggest getting a clear case and removing the battery cover and putting on the case instead.

There's another thread here about the battery cover and someone said a site is working on making their own but no ETA.

jasongthang

Sep 14, 2008
Largo, FL
It's funny how they try to "bling" up phones. When I was reading all the reviews for the evo before it was released, they were talking about the "ferrari red" battery and compartment. Now a clear case to show off the battery and compartment. I'd buy one. But I have a case on my phone so it wouldnt do much good.

good idea though, definitely.

wrxlvr

Jan 16, 2007
I looked into having some made. 10k for a mold. :eek: Price per piece wasn't bad, but that initial investment is a killer.

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009
I looked into having some made. 10k for a mold. :eek: Price per piece wasn't bad, but that initial investment is a killer.

Huh, I wonder what the wife will think when I bring it up.

I just picked up a clear case off ebay for $6 shipped, I'll remove the battery cover and take a picture of it when it gets here next week.

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
im working on making a clear battery door right now actually.. doing mold tomorrow. Should have a few in a week..

need to create a site with the paypal info tonight actually..

scirio

Nov 8, 2007
I bet $50 he never makes a usable battery cover.

These forum part-makers never pan out.

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
I bet $50 he never makes a usable battery cover.

These forum part-makers never pan out.

wow.. seriously? I work for a prototyping company.. so i have all the tools i need to make this. You want to bet 100?

as for price.. without locking in, probably around 14.95 or 16.95 free shipping.. but XDA will get first crack (except scirio :) )

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
wow.. seriously? I work for a prototyping company.. so i have all the tools i need to make this. You want to bet 100?

as for price.. without locking in, probably around 14.95 or 16.95 free shipping.. but XDA will get first crack (except scirio :) )

I'll be interested in buying one! Please PM me as soon as you have them for sale :)

kpoz

May 24, 2010
Chicago
www.androidguys.com

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009

sanjsrik

Yeah, not the same. Having a case adds additional bulk. I'm doing the same thing, but only until I can get an actual clear battery cover.

Not sure what extra bulk you're talking about, but okay. The thing is 3millimeters thick. I'm not too worried about adding 3millimeters.

But, whatever you think. I'm getting a hard case and not having a back cover. Phone protected and it looks kind of cool.