Thanks Meter: 686

By pvsgh, Senior Member on 5th June 2014, 09:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2017, 01:06 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krustybaguette

My Note 8.0 is on ota 4.4.2 Build KOT49.H N5110UEU2CNE2. All I want to do is root it so I can install TIBU and freeze all the excess Samsung junk. After going through this with my Galaxy S-3 after taking the JB 4.3 ota I thought it would be relatively simple to root the Note but so far I'm running into roadblocks.

I'm running Linux and have tried using Adam Outler's JOdin3....connects but can't get a PIT file.

I have also tried running Odin3 v 3.09 via winebrowser. Program runs but apparently does not connect. Nothing appears in the ID:C0M box.

I have CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5

what am I missing?

A windows machine and samsung drivers... once you get that far, Philz recovery is better in the long run, as it allows you to reroot if needed, without need to run odin. Plus if you mess up with a build.prop edit or wrong permissions to a file, the aroma loader will save you some time in dropping your backup file in place or quick permissions change. Be sure to change pemissions, depending on where you place your backups. I prefer to save important backup files in lost and found, as it keeps your permissions intact and stores them out of the way.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)