[Unofficial] [05.10.2017]TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 [cedric]

Search This thread

Santhosh M

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Unofficial TWRP 3.1.0-0 Moto G5 (cedric)

Latest TWRP changelog :

New features of 3.1.1-0 (adb backup, tweaked MTP startup routines and plenty of bug fixes - for full changelog)

Download Link

twrp-3.1.1-0-cedric.img

Working/Bugs

I have just tested on 16 GB variant and all seems to be working. If something is broken lemme know.

IMPORTANT NOTE :
  • At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide

• Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
    boot)

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5, Tool/Utility for the Moto G5

Contributors
Santhosh M
Source Code: http://Using prebuilt stock kernel and hence no kernel source available

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-10-05

Created 2017-03-17
Last Updated 2017-10-05

Last edited:

pacmanman

Apr 7, 2012
Santiago
LG Nexus 5X
Google Pixel 3
xt1670 model

Hi Santhosh
Will this TWRP work on Moto G5 model xt1670?
If so, can it be rooted using twrp temporary boot?

EDIT: I have tried this several time, I'm always getting stuck at boot, after the first data wipe, only solution is to install stock system again.
I have the Modem Version: M8937_8000.122.02.40R, 32GB
I'm offering to test ;)
Thanks

Last edited:

linsspinho

Apr 11, 2013
Bootlooping

Hi guys, I got bootloop in my moto g5 after TWRP boot/install, should I open a new thread or somebody can help here?

.sirhc

Aug 11, 2010
After installing TWRP my Phone stucks at the "Your device has been unlocked" screen. My system seems to be gone. I've downloaded the image from the other thread and tried to sideload it, but twrp says it's in the wrong format. TWRP boots fine
(Anyone who can upload a fully working NANDROID or sth like that?)

What can i do :/?

Edit: Solved. Unzipped the firmware and flashed manually via fastboot. Working fine!
But then again at the startup of the recovery, there's the encryption message. What to wipe now, that it'll work? Wiping /data ends in boot loop...

Last edited:
Reactions: mbwf

abeloman

Apr 29, 2012
Veracruz
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
After installing TWRP my Phone stucks at the "Your device has been unlocked" screen. My system seems to be gone. I've downloaded the image from the other thread and tried to sideload it, but twrp says it's in the wrong format. TWRP boots fine
(Anyone who can upload a fully working NANDROID or sth like that?)

What can i do :/?

Edit: Solved. Unzipped the firmware and flashed manually via fastboot. Working fine!
But then again at the startup of the recovery, there's the encryption message. What to wipe now, that it'll work? Wiping /data ends in boot loop...
Did you tried wiping data, and formatting data? Remember that wiping /data is where your apps and settings are stored, and formatting /data/media is the massive storage... Maybe if you wipe both it would work

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

.sirhc

Aug 11, 2010
After
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
I'm booting into recovery, cancel the encryption password verification, swipe to allow modification, wipe & format data -> Bootloop

Flashing system (and only system, not recovery etc) -> Phone boots normally, twrp ist gone ...

Greetings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial TWRP 3.1.0-0 Moto G5 (cedric)

Latest TWRP changelog :

New features of 3.1.1-0 (adb backup, tweaked MTP startup routines and plenty of bug fixes - for full changelog)

Download Link

twrp-3.1.1-0-cedric.img

Working/Bugs

I have just tested on 16 GB variant and all seems to be working. If something is broken lemme know.

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    • At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide

• Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
      boot)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5, Tool/Utility for the Moto G5

Contributors
    Santhosh M
    Source Code: http://Using prebuilt stock kernel and hence no kernel source available

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-05

Created 2017-03-17
    Last Updated 2017-10-05
    New build available

Hi all,

New build link has been updated in OP.

Changelog :

• Encryption works with this release
    • TWRP 3.1.1-0

Regards
    Santhosh
    We Have Now Gone Official​

I have now got official twrp support!

@Santhosh M
    Please can you add the following links and details to the first post or I could create a new thread if you no longer want to maintain this thread

edit - I have created a new thread
    Cool. No issues :)

Link me up the recovery and i will add it to OP download link :)

Regards
    Santhosh

here you go
    TWRP 3.1.1-0 Cedric.zip

source
    https://github.com/Theitfixer85/android_device_motorola_cedric

note if you are going to encrypt I dont think it shows the android is now encrypting logo - it just stays on the boot animation - depending on how much data you have will depend how long it takes for the phone to boot - Do not restart your phone or you will loose data
    Make a backup first!
    Is there any possibility of working moto g5 roms on Redmi 3S Prime.We Compiled Nougat For It but sensors bug in it :| is moto g5 and redmi 3s prime sensors are same ??

Im almost done bringing the device up so everyone can enjoy roms