Unlock S5 From Sprint To Tmobile?

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By darknatas, Member on 30th April 2014, 12:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2016, 03:55 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
All S5"s have all frequency capabilities. Key is finding the control panel...I did goofing around and now I can't remember how I did it but I do remember it's on the same list as clocking speed
*#6563 something something #* phone will reboot on restart will bring up hidden control panel lots of options...oh this also has network unlocking lmfao
No ****...ya it's that easy but my S5 is AT&T
Good luck...it's on cricket works great

8th March 2017, 04:36 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm interested in learning more about this. I have a sprint s5 that I want to use with t mobile. I need help asap because I currently do not have cell phone service. I ported my number and now this t mobile SIM card isn't doing much good inside this sprint phone like I hoped.
10th March 2017, 07:36 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Look for my post jrjorin i just did what you are trying to do.
Hope it helps
10th March 2017, 08:04 PM |#44  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockman7

All S5"s have all frequency capabilities. Key is finding the control panel...I did goofing around and now I can't remember how I did it but I do remember it's on the same list as clocking speed
*#6563 something something #* phone will reboot on restart will bring up hidden control panel lots of options...oh this also has network unlocking lmfao
No ****...ya it's that easy but my S5 is AT&T
Good luck...it's on cricket works great

its actually not that easy as the unlocking happens in the NVRAM of the phone and has to be written to the radio baseband which isnt accessible via the secret service menu.

there are several unlocking service providers out there that you can pay to have your phone unlocked for use with any carrier, that being said, some make you wait and are cheaper, while the one i used is fairly immediate (provided you have root access) and is a tad more expensive. There are also a couple users on xda that have been known to do the unlocks for free or a donation and have pretty decent reputations. @stifilz and @asadnow2k are the members i refer to, but youll have to wait for them as they do them in their spare time. www.idoneapps.com will unlock your phone for $35 and i can vouch for them as ive unlocked 2 of my own G900P's thru them without any issue.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

also, youll need to know that you wont be able to get LTE without enabling all LTE radios which involves getting your phone into diagnostic mode (which requires you to have a specific baseband installed on the phone) and accessing your phone via programs via exe's on your computer called QPST and QXDM to read your phone state, then adjust it accordingly. Are all S5's physically capable of running on any network on any band that any other S5 is capable of? Yes. Is it always easy to achieve? No.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflicting

I'm interested in learning more about this. I have a sprint s5 that I want to use with t mobile. I need help asap because I currently do not have cell phone service. I ported my number and now this t mobile SIM card isn't doing much good inside this sprint phone like I hoped.

did you get this taken care of?
The Following User Says Thank You to youdoofus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift youdoofus Ad-Free
11th March 2017, 05:01 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
[/COLOR]

did you get this taken care of?[/QUOTE]

I did, I paid for an unlock service through ebay. was $18. He even spent the time and downloaded stock firmware and flashed it as I was on a custom rom. He did a remote connection to my computer and did an awesome job. I just now wish I could use Lineage OS but I cant get the network setting right. look like Lineage OS doesnt support the ability to use a sim card gsm service in their rom for the sprint (cdma) variant s5
Yesterday, 04:06 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflicting

[/COLOR]

did you get this taken care of?

I did, I paid for an unlock service through ebay. was $18. He even spent the time and downloaded stock firmware and flashed it as I was on a custom rom. He did a remote connection to my computer and did an awesome job. I just now wish I could use Lineage OS but I cant get the network setting right. look like Lineage OS doesnt support the ability to use a sim card gsm service in their rom for the sprint (cdma) variant s5[/QUOTE]

Anyway you have a link for this guy? Ive been thru like every forum post and contacted everyone. Was able to find one guy around my area that said he could do it for $60 but if i cant get it done for 1/3rd of the price i might be down. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)