Post Reply Email Thread
Yesterday, 01:28 PM |#17501  
Flag Bansk√° Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 1,410

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

It doesn't has any settings for that. I am using a ROM based on Touchwiz. Can this be the problem? Thank you!

Maybe, maybe it is the app you use, wait for next beta. This is the first one with that feature, it can have some bugs...

Yesterday, 01:46 PM |#17502  
Thanks Meter: 754

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som

Maybe, maybe it is the app you use, wait for next beta. This is the first one with that feature, it can have some bugs...

ok, thank you!
Today, 06:47 AM |#17503  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Desktop Pagination: Usability gripe
Dear Folks,

As a Nova Prime proud supporter, I do have one long standing usability gripe with Nova Launcher. That is with its desktop pagination. Specifically, the inability to move app icons into the columns at the screen's left/right edges without them creating a new page or barreling into the existing adjacent page. Let me elaborate with a list of finer point scenarios.

On large 10.1" or 12" tablets, with the Desktop Grid expanded out to its maximum width icon allowance:
  • With Infinite Scroll disabled, you can drag an app icon all the way to the left edge of the left-most desktop page (icon column 1 of page 1). With Infinite Scroll enabled, this is also not possible.
  • With Subgrid Positioning enabled, you can drag an app icon very close to the left or right edge of any page, but not all the way into the edge column. The closest you can drag an icon is into column 1.5 or column 11.5 (but not column 1 or 12). With Subgrid Positioning disabled, you can VERY CAREFULLY, and only SOMETIMES, manage to get an app icon into column 1 or column 12, if you have a pen stylus and great patience and a steady hand.
  • If you're very clever, you can start off in an adjacent page, try to drag an icon to the edge column, drop it, and hope it lands into the edge column on the page you actually intended to drop it on. Though sometimes it winds up in a random column if you release too quickly.
  • In all cases, trying to drag an app icon to the edge column of a page, winds up barreling into the adjacent page, like a bowling ball, wrecking all the icons on that page which you spent so carefully getting just right. Forcing you to start all over again.

When a user Long Presses their desktop, then scrolls right to a <new page>, they're presented with a Plus Button (+) which gives them the option to MANUALLY create a page. Doing so instructs them that they can use this option to afford a more fine-grained control over page creation, but advises them that pages are automatically created by dragging icons to that page...

I want to see an option that makes this manual page creation the defacto method, and disables icon-dragging auto page creation. I want to see an option that makes it a lot harder to accidentally drag an icon from one page to another page unless the user shows real intent in doing so -- give a 2.5 or 3.0 second count before the page is flipped, allowing the user time to drop the icon onto the edge column of the page. I want to see the dragging edge made narrower and moved further to the screen's edge, so it's not consuming the entire width of Column 1 and Column [12]. I want to force a single-page desktop, the same way I can force a single-page Dock.

I hope someone else is having these same frustrations as I. I'm using Nova Launcher on 3 tablets and 2 phones, and this issue is especially prominent on each of the tablets.

Thanks for listening.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics, launcher, nova, nova launcher, nova-launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)