Attention kernel devs: 3.4.10

Search This thread

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Last edited:

szotaa

May 13, 2012
Warsaw
You said before thet this kernel has nothing to do with AOSP roms since it is Sense one. But if we had 3.4 sense kernel wouldn't it be later possible to replace some libs and give us 3.4 AOSP kernel as a result? Then we would have ION AOSP kernel!

cakaostojic

Mar 6, 2009
Bruce2728 made aosp ION kernel but camera doesn't work

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

yazzabo

Mar 30, 2012
Nice to see great devs works!!

Htc Sensation XE - Inspiration 1.0.0 - Grogg kernel 4.2

XirXes

Jan 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Moto Z2 Force
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing ION on AOSP will get us is MHL working which is low power audio. Camera works fine with pmem

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Correct

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

Sort of. We will get MHL and low power audio. Simply put the reason why they don't work without ion on JB, is that the drivers for these things aren't being allocated RAM. MHL is HDMI out through usb adapters.

AndroidSupporter318

Feb 19, 2013
TEXAS
But at least we have sebastianFM!!!
:)

He ported the 3.4 kernel with ION from HTC one s, so we will see if it is possible to port sense 5 to the sensation.

Sent from my Ouya

Mr.zeus

Jun 1, 2010
www.ir-tci.org
hi eveyone
i have htc one s C2 and i saw that you port many roms (cm13 , android 6 & 7 & ....) for sensation
also i saw that some old roms (Viper and Sam) havesame files for sensation and One S

my question is , can i use your Roms for ONE S ? can you help me with it please?
(3.4 works fine on one s but 3.4.1 has some problems... )

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC just uploaded the Ville_C2 jelly bean kernel sources. For those that don't already know it is the One S with the sensations processor in it, the msm8x60.

http://dl4.htc.com/RomCode/Source_and_Binaries/villec2-jb-crc-3.4.10-055bd56.zip

My repo is https://github.com/XirXes/pyramid-3.4.10
    I don't have it compiling yet but it's quite the start. After we resolve any compile errors we need to port over the touch panel driver and our display.
    I was only explaining to the users how it works :) it's my work of recognized contributor
    However atm we havent a stable and bug free ion kernel with full support

Sent from the XxXSensationXxX
    So please tell me about bugs in my kernel PyramidION v0.1.3.

Hi,
    You mean, over? Everything shall be working now?

Spit out from an HTC Sensation XE, a revived device while was dying due to lack of support, with TeamVenom, and other astonishingly amazing developers' benignity...
    I rewrote whole source code related to Sensation's board and I created my own LCD panel driver based on code from Sensation's kernel 3.0.16. Also I adapted audio driver to Sensation's audio codec and I added few missing drivers. I'm using this kernel for few weeks, with almost stock HTC JB. Main camera doesn't work yet but I already know how to fix it.
    Ok so here's where I've gotten on this. I have worked around the camera, it may or may not work. The real problem that has stopped me is the pyramid-panel.c. There has been a lot of changes to how displays are done in this kernel, for the better from what I can see. But because of that the display is not going to build as is. Its honestly a mess and I don't have the experience necessary to clean it up. Other than that it feels really close. I committed some changes the other night to my source tree. Besides the panel the whole kernel compiles. If anyone has some suggestions or wants to step in please do. We are close.
    Sorry for being a bit irritating but I'm curious. Is it possible for HTC Sensation to have fully working 3.4 kernel? I'm asking because I know that we can't have ION because of lack of resoruces from HTC. Do we have all needed resources to have 3.4 kernel? And is Sensation powerful enough to run 3.4?
    Hi szotaa, first of all, we already have ION, ported by me to 3.0.16 kernel. HTC JB won't work without ION.
    And of course Sensation is powerfull enough to run kernel 3.4.10. You will see when I'll finish porting it from Ville C2. :)
    Don't worry, 3.4 kernel will come. Remember that SebFM already have started the port, and i've planned a porting when i've finished my exams :)