FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

4,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,548

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yesterday, 07:03 PM |#18451  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
It is now longtime that I use this wonderful file manager and I discovered me like addicted to new update and improvements. I know the old discussion about auto check for update in mix...
And I am also aware about xda labs ...

But anyway I suggest another solution just for avoid that sometime I, or some of us, have to check this thread many times all the days if are looking only for new version builds. My suggestion is to get notified by email for new update like a subscription service for all subscribers, much interested and addicted users ...the only cons is that the developer or someone has to send this email every time ...

Could be this a good idea or not? I want to share my suggestion to hear also other user opinions and of course Hootan's point of view.
Just in case this is not possible I will make as usual...

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free

Yesterday, 07:04 PM |#18452  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
@Hootan Parsa, I think it'll be wise to add the name of "activity" when you send files to "open with" like it's made in Total Commander. Because different activities often has the same name of the app they belong to, but do different, even opposite, things, sometimes. Here is the screens like it's made in TC and in MiXplorer.

PS: As for the Editor, I do not understand, why don't you hide unneeded icon? As for me, I like the text editor icon, I often use it to make some notes. I wish only to change the default path to save new files, I could not find any settings for this (
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	4093501   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	152
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	4093502  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evgen_17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Evgen_17 Ad-Free
Yesterday, 07:34 PM |#18453  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 987

Donate to Me
More
@HootanParsa I've got a few feature requests that I was wondering if it was either already implemented or on your to-do list and, if not, then would you please take it under consideration for implementation.

I've used the Android version of Total Commander for for quite a long time solely for only a few specific, yet important to me, features (listed below) and I'm looking for a good replacement (and the first app I thought of, was the MiXplorer) that has those specific features as well as others that compliment them.

1) Unzip/Decompress zip files while MAINTAINING the dates of those files that was present within the zip file.

2) The ability to browse, edit and modify one or more files within the zip file without the need to unzip/decompress the file.

Thank You for Your Time and Understanding!

Sent on my Communicator [SCH-I535] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
Yesterday, 07:39 PM |#18454  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,718

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgen_17

PS: As for the Editor, I do not understand, why don't you hide unneeded icon? As for me, I like the text editor icon, I often use it to make some notes. I wish only to change the default path to save new files, I could not find any settings for this (

As made obvious by reading and or searching the thread, MiX Editor launcher shortcut was added just few days ago and the ability to hide it has been requested ad nauseam. HP is probably already working on a way to hide it. For reference:

- Requested here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=18357
- Seconded here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=18365

As to ability to open files from within MiX editor (and add tabs) thanks @Allen_Walker for suggestion https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=18389. +1.

As to your suggestion to "change the default path to save new files" big + 1. I use MiX Editor similarly to the way you do and this would be very nice.

As to the clarity of Activity labels...+1.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Yesterday, 11:35 PM |#18455  
Flag Doncaster
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Latest version editor showing as a separate app?
Today, 12:02 AM |#18456  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,718

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anttaz

Latest version editor showing as a separate app?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=18454

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

Please people, stop asking for the Editor icon to be removed from the launcher view.

Hootan Parsa, as you should all know by now, reads every post. How many times do you think he has to read about it ? If you think any of us regulars is being grumpy about it when we tell you to stop, put yourself in Hootan's place for a moment. How many times has someone to tell you to do something before it becomes extremely irritating ? Probably less times than people have asked about this silly icon.

Also, people should at least search or read the thread before posting. If 467 others have asked for the same thing already, don't ask again, for %&$/$ sake.

I'm starting to think questions or comments that can be answered by searching the thread or just reading one or two pages back should not be answered at all, ever.

Even in this thread which is relatively accommodating to OT and repeat requests this one has gotten truly absurd.

How about a retinal scanner that can detect when the eyes are actually reading and which can identify post #s, and will not allow posting until the OPs and the last several pages of the thread have been read?

A more viable suggestion which has been mentioned elsewhere is forced navigation to OP header with "signature" checkbox next to reminder of these rules, which must be checked in order to post. Also perhaps before post creation the search box could be presented and at least one search is required in order to post. I dare to dream.

Sorry for OT - Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Today, 03:35 AM |#18457  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 17,133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbellu

It is now longtime that I use this wonderful file manager and I discovered me like addicted to new update and improvements. I know the old discussion about auto check for update in mix...
And I am also aware about xda labs ...

But anyway I suggest another solution just for avoid that sometime I, or some of us, have to check this thread many times all the days if are looking only for new version builds. My suggestion is to get notified by email for new update like a subscription service for all subscribers, much interested and addicted users ...the only cons is that the developer or someone has to send this email every time ...

Could be this a good idea or not? I want to share my suggestion to hear also other user opinions and of course Hootan's point of view.
Just in case this is not possible I will make as usual...

Thank you

There is a pushbullet channel for updates to MiXplorer. You don't even need the app if you want just have a pushbullet notification email sent to you.

The stupid leading the dumb.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android file manager, cloud, encfs, mixplorer, sftp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)