By jmxc23, Senior Member on 10th May 2014, 10:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2017, 12:28 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantenna

Hi op,

Any love for ATH-WS99BT SOLID BASS Bluetooth wireless headphones? I downloaded ViPer Toolbox but have no idea where to start.. can't find instructions anywhere? Can you help me out please

I pulled this from internet,
8-26000 hertz, with an impedance of 37 ohms.
great bass, not so great on the mid's and high's
I personally fell that they don't sound very good without viper4android, however, with viper4android, they are by far the best sounding headphones I have ever used! I actually think these headphones were designed in mind to be used with Viper4Android, they seem to lack any sound enhancement software, it's as if they purposely lack any sound enhancement at all by default. I say that because I compared them to my previous headphones, the Sony MDR-10RBT, these are rated slightly higher in the mids and the highs but now that I have compared the two, it seems the Sony's have their own sound processing going on that produces a similar effect to ViperClairity and Auditory System Protection...When I enable these arguments on the WS99BT, not only does it closes the gap, I think it out performs the Sony's! At first I was a bit disappointed but after thinking about it more, this is i think would be ideal, you wouldn't't want sound enhancement coming from both headphones and viper, it's like working with two equalizers, am I wrong?

Does this give you enough info to work with.?

The other negative was, without viper, the sound-stage is quiet small, sound can be a bit harsh... but with differential and the other enhancements from viper I mentioned above, wow! It's then you can tell that the right hardware is certainly in place here with these headphones.

+1, looking for same

3rd January 2017, 09:52 PM |#62  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by relevant_placeholder

+1, looking for same

Until somebody releases a dcc Profile, here are the settings I use for these headphones:
Fire equalizer: Trimble Booster
Convolver: Samsung Sound Alive 3D + Clarity
Dynamic System: Extreme Headphones
Differential Surround: 5ms
Viper Bass: Natural Bass 70 HZ
Viper Clarity: Natural 3.5db
Auditory System Protection: Slight

Then play some Gareth Emery or Deadmau
The Following User Says Thank You to cantenna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cantenna Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 04:41 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantenna

Until somebody releases a dcc Profile, here are the settings I use for these headphones:
Fire equalizer: Trimble Booster
Convolver: Samsung Sound Alive 3D + Clarity
Dynamic System: Extreme Headphones
Differential Surround: 5ms
Viper Bass: Natural Bass 70 HZ
Viper Clarity: Natural 3.5db
Auditory System Protection: Slight

Then play some Gareth Emery or Deadmau

I've found Neutron to do it's job well and finally aptx support on n6p with lineageos. This makes it complete without v4a.

Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to relevant_placeholder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift relevant_placeholder Ad-Free
2nd April 2017, 11:02 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Anyone know any good settings for Rock Zircons?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
v4a ddc, viper4android profile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)