[TUTORIAL] Unbricking VNS-L21/VNS-L31

Was it helpfull?

• Total voters
Search This thread

goretsov

Mar 18, 2016
Hello everyone! I know there are a lot of threads and comments about unbricking your device but in order to get you on track quicker then anything else and point you to the right direction i`m writing this tutorial which i find is quite successfull. This tutorial was made basically on my personal experience and with the help of some advices and suggestions.

First of all there are some questions that you must ask and answer yourself in order to do everything correct:
1. Do i have unlocked bootloader and frp? If yes, continue reading. If no, read Important note 2!
1.1. Do i have access to stock/custom recovery? If yes then continue to read.
1.2 Do i have problems mounting partitions with Revolution Recovery? If yes, read Important note 1!
3. Do i have installed SDK Platform Tools (ABD and FASTBOOT)? If no then download from here (Always use the latest version!!!)
4. Do i have installed HiSuite? If no then download it from here.
Okey mate if all your answers are Yes then follow Guide 1!
5. If you think your device don`t have access to these then read and follow Guide 2!

For those of you with locked FRP you can check this website and see if it helps!

How to get into fastboot?
Variant 1
Hold down (VOL-) + POWER when connected to PC!
Variant 2
1.Start HiSuite.
Step 2 (Click for image preview)
Step 3 (Click for image preview)
Turn off your phone and then by holding down (VOL-) + POWER connect usb to the pc!

! Important note 1 !
If you can`t mount partitions then the thing you must do is go to Revolution Recovery then do as i say:
Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select partitions one at a time! -> Repair or change file system -> Change file system -> F2FS -> Then go back -> Select EXT4 -> And voila u`re done!

! Important note 2 !
Okay easy way to find out is if you see warning screen about unlocked bootloader then it is unlocked so it is frp. If you go to fastboot and you see Bootloader: unlocked/frp: unlocked but you don`t see the warning screen then my friend u`re not unlocked! Quickly open up the console window connect to fastboot and type:
Code:
fastboot oem unlock <your unlock code here>
Easy, a?

GUIDE 1
First of all download these files in order to continue. (Place them somewhere easy to find! ;) )
Recovery - Revolution Recovery NOUGAT
(I can guarantee you that this version works that`s why i used her in this tutorial! METICULUS was not working for me it doesn`t even started at first place.)
Stock OEM info - Download
Stock ROM - L21C432B130

1. Open up fastboot then flash Revolution Recovery from the zip.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img
2. Start up Revolution Recovery by connecting your device to the PC and holding down (VOL +) + (VOL -) + POWER
3. Flash Stock OEM info from the zip via Revolution Recovery. Make sure when installing it the result was Successfull!!!
4. Remove usb cable from PC and Shutdown the device via Recovery and don`t plug the cable or start the phone!
4. Get your SD Card ready and plugged to the PC then Create a New Folder named "dload" in the root directory of the SD Card and paste update.app file in there!
How it should look in the Micro SD Card: dload -> update.app
5.Place the SD Card in the phone
6. Start the phone!
7. Okay logo is there showing up wait about 1 - 2 minutes and phone will be automatically starting to update from SD Card. When it is done it will restart the phone. Make sure at the moment when it does and screen goes black, hold down VOL UP!
8. Format data and cache!!! If you skip this part there will be a bootloop!
9. Voila. You got your device unbricked and aliveeeeeeee :highfive::highfive::highfive:

That was the easy part! If u`re unlucky enough for Guide 2 well my friend get some coffee and play some calming music list! :cool:

GUIDE 2 (When no one can help you but you :silly:)

First of all you should know that every case is different from one another but everything comes to one mission. Access to fastboot or access to custom recovery in order to unbrick. I will give you steps which I did when I bricked my device and I had no fastboot access, no access to stock or custom recovery, no erecovery access and no wi-fi upgrade.

So what I experienced?
You see logo but only that. Warning screen saying bootloader is unlocked. When you see warning screen u`ve got a choice what to do – Press to enter recovery, press to continue booting etc. None of that. When I was connecting the usb cable to the PC no detection at all. No working key combinations.

1. DRAIN BATTERY! REALLY. IT`S THAT SIMPLE. Leave the device on and put it in a shelf or something like that so you can`t see it and can`t touch it. 2-3-4-5 days. (I left mine for 2 weeks! :laugh:) The battery must be that empty that when you try to power it up only power icon shows up or nothing shows up at all.
2. When u`ve done with Step 1 get a laptop or a PC with freshly installed Windows or Linux.
3. Install SDK Platform Tools (ABD and FASTBOOT) the newest version from their website!
4. Install HiSuite from their respective website!
5. So now when you`re all done with installing the requisites get your phone in your hands plug the usb cable in the phone and then hold down (VOL -) + POWER when plugging it to the PC or laptop.
6. Believe me. It should get into fastboot. I`m 99% sure. If all the steps I wrote are done correct!
Why should battery be drained at ZERO?
I will tell you the truth – I don`t know. Really. But all I know is that it`s kind of a switch. When something goes wrong draining the battery will clear something that it shouldn’t be there.

If this tutorial helped you then click Thank you so i can count how many good things i`ve done in my life he he! If i didn`t helped you then don`t stop reading until you find the solution! Good luck!

How did you unbricked your device? Tell us here and help others do the same!

Last edited:

wimsjohn

Nov 10, 2015
Steyr
Is there a special reason why we should use a Nougat Recovery? I'm on C432B160 and have tried the change filesystem thing with METICULUS Recovery and well... it didn't work

dezzie81

Apr 3, 2017
Thank you!

Created an account just to say thanks for this! I've have spent hours and hours trying to unbrick my phone..

Reactions: jimbleg

arleybarros

Sep 9, 2008
Campinas
Hello everyone! I know there are lot`s of threads and comments about unbricking your device but in order to get you on track quicker then anything else and point you to the right direction i`m writing this tutorial which i find is quite successfull.

First of all these are the questions that you must ask and answer yourself in order to do everything correct:
1. Do i have unlocked bootloader and frp? If yes, continue reading. If no, read Important note 2!
1.1. Do i have access to stock/custom recovery? If yes then continue!
1.2 Do i have problems mounting partitions with Revolution Recovery? If yes, read Important note 1!
2. If you think your device don`t have access to these then read and follow Guide 2!

! Important note 1 !
If you can`t mount partitions then the thing you must do is go to Revolution Recovery then do as i say:
Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select partitions one at a time! -> Repair or change file system -> Change file system -> F2FS -> Then go back -> Select EXT4 -> And voila u`re done!

! Important note 2 !
Okay easy way to find out is if you see warning screen about unlocked bootloader then it is unlocked so it is frp. If you go to fastboot and you see Bootloader: unlocked/frp: unlocked but you don`t see the warning screen then my friend u`re not unlocked! Quickly open up the console window connect to fastboot and type:
Code:
Easy, a?

GUIDE 1
First of all download these files in order to continue. (Place them somewhere easy to find! ;) )
Stock ROM - L21C432B130

2. Start up Revolution Recovery by connecting your device to the PC and holding down (VOL +) + (VOL -) + POWER
3. Flash Stock OEM info from the zip via Revolution Recovery. Make sure when installing it the result was Successfull!!!
4. Remove usb cable from PC and Shutdown the device via Recovery and don`t plug the cable or start the phone!
4. Get your SD Card ready and plugged to the PC then Create a New Folder named "dload" in the root directory of the SD Card and paste Update.app file in there!
How it should look in the SD: SD CARD -> dload -> update.app
6. Start the phone!
7. Okay logo is there showing up wait about 1 - 2 minutes and phone will be automatically starting to update from SD Card. When it is done it will restart the phone. Make sure at the moment when it does and screen goes black, hold down VOL UP!
8. Wipe cache!!!
9. Format data!!!
10. Voila. You got your device unbricked and aliveeeeeeee :highfive::highfive::highfive:

That was the easy part! If u`re unlucky enough for Guide 2 well my friend get some coffee! :cool:

Guide 2 will come soon because my time is limited!

waiting for guide 2... :fingers-crossed:

MrSagace

Mar 18, 2017
Realme GT 2 Pro
I have installed LineageOS 14.1 on my device (VNS-L21C432) and I want stock android back, I don't have a dump backup, just a normal one.. Can I use your method to get stock? I have installed TWRP by Meticulous and bootloader unlocked. I really want to came back to stock!!
I appreciate any advice, please help!

goretsov

Mar 18, 2016
Yes i believe so

Is there a special reason why we should use a Nougat Recovery? I'm on C432B160 and have tried the change filesystem thing with METICULUS Recovery and well... it didn't work

Good question! The reason i told everyone to use there version and this custom recovery is because METICULUS is not working at least didn`t for me! It didn`t even started at first place! Nougat is preferable because a lot of people get in trouble when they upgrade to Nougat and then try to downgrade that`s one of the reasons too. So my advice is try Nougat custom recovery for your case! Good Luck and best wishes:)

Reactions: G-FACE

goretsov

Mar 18, 2016
I have installed LineageOS 14.1 on my device (VNS-L21C432) and I want stock android back, I don't have a dump backup, just a normal one.. Can I use your method to get stock? I have installed TWRP by Meticulous and bootloader unlocked. I really want to came back to stock!!
I appreciate any advice, please help!

Yes of course there will be no trouble at all but instead of METICULUS recovery use the one i posted here! You have access to fastboot and unlocked bootloader so just follow the steps from number 4! If this doesn`t work you can try to flash http://consumer.huawei.com/bg/support/products/downloads/detail/huawei-p9lite-bk.htm?id=93797 this rollback package and via the method with SD Card and then flash stock rom from the link above! :highfive:
Good luck and i`m waiting for the result! :highfive:

Last edited:

arleybarros

Sep 9, 2008
Campinas
Tomorrow i`m going to post it here so wait for update! I just have to put my ideas in some kind of order to be easy to understand! :highfive:

i think my micro sd was bad when i tried to update my phone and now i'm stuck in a boot loop with a data partition problem (it fails when i try to wipe data) and locked bootloader.

goretsov

Mar 18, 2016
i think my micro sd was bad when i tried to update my phone and now i'm stuck in a boot loop with a data partition problem (it fails when i try to wipe data) and locked bootloader.

Okay. First of all buy a decent Micro SD Card at least 6gb of storage! This is one of the most important things i forgot to tell here. Decent means famous brand like Kingston or Philips or something like that because other then this will fail! After that do you have access to fastboot? If you have fastboot then type "fastboot oem unlock <your unlock code>" If you don`t know it i can help you with that! After that flash the recovery i posted and try to fix the partition by the way i explained above. Then follow the last steps for preparing the SD and flashing the ROM. Good Luck my friend:highfive:

arleybarros

Sep 9, 2008
Campinas
Okay. First of all buy a decent Micro SD Card at least 6gb of storage! This is one of the most important things i forgot to tell here. Decent means famous brand like Kingston or Philips or something like that because other then this will fail! After that do you have access to fastboot? If you have fastboot then type "fastboot oem unlock <your unlock code>" If you don`t know it i can help you with that! After that flash the recovery i posted and try to fix the partition by the way i explained above. Then follow the last steps for preparing the SD and flashing the ROM. Good Luck my friend:highfive:

I appreciate the help, but the phone is locked. Phone Locked and FRP lock. I already imagine that at this point I only have a nice paper weight.

arleybarros

Sep 9, 2008
Campinas
No this one is free. TODO Give it a try and tell what happened. It might detect you an virus or something like that which is normal i tried it myself a time ago. Tell later what happened :confused:

HTML:
>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (35528 KB)...
OKAY [  0.753s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.760s

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
sending 'recovery' (27434 KB)...
OKAY [  0.581s]
writing 'recovery'...
finished. total time: 0.587s

goretsov

Mar 18, 2016
HTML:
>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (35528 KB)...
OKAY [  0.753s]
writing 'recovery'...
finished. total time: 0.760s

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
sending 'recovery' (27434 KB)...
OKAY [  0.581s]
writing 'recovery'...
finished. total time: 0.587s

Did you try TODO for the FRP?

pulpokraken

May 8, 2015
I´m facing the same poblem. Bootloop with Bootloader locked, FRP locked, battery empty. I can get into fastboot mode but no chance of flashing anything. USB debugging seems to be deactivated. I cant charge the battery because as soon as I connect the phone to a powersource its starts the bootloop. Force flashing via sd card (volume up and down plus power) doesn´t seem to work either (guess due to the low battery).
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! I know there are a lot of threads and comments about unbricking your device but in order to get you on track quicker then anything else and point you to the right direction i`m writing this tutorial which i find is quite successfull. This tutorial was made basically on my personal experience and with the help of some advices and suggestions.

First of all there are some questions that you must ask and answer yourself in order to do everything correct:
    1.1. Do i have access to stock/custom recovery? If yes then continue to read.
    3. Do i have installed SDK Platform Tools (ABD and FASTBOOT)? If no then download from here (Always use the latest version!!!)
    4. Do i have installed HiSuite? If no then download it from here.
    5. If you think your device don`t have access to these then read and follow Guide 2!

For those of you with locked FRP you can check this website and see if it helps!

How to get into fastboot?
    Variant 1
    Hold down (VOL-) + POWER when connected to PC!
    Variant 2
    1.Start HiSuite.
    Step 2 (Click for image preview)
    Step 3 (Click for image preview)
    Turn off your phone and then by holding down (VOL-) + POWER connect usb to the pc!

! Important note 1 !

! Important note 2 !
    Code:
    Easy, a?

GUIDE 1
    (I can guarantee you that this version works that`s why i used her in this tutorial! METICULUS was not working for me it doesn`t even started at first place.)
    Stock ROM - L21C432B130

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img
    4. Get your SD Card ready and plugged to the PC then Create a New Folder named "dload" in the root directory of the SD Card and paste update.app file in there!
    How it should look in the Micro SD Card: dload -> update.app
    6. Start the phone!
    8. Format data and cache!!! If you skip this part there will be a bootloop!
    9. Voila. You got your device unbricked and aliveeeeeeee :highfive::highfive::highfive:

That was the easy part! If u`re unlucky enough for Guide 2 well my friend get some coffee and play some calming music list! :cool:

GUIDE 2 (When no one can help you but you :silly:)

First of all you should know that every case is different from one another but everything comes to one mission. Access to fastboot or access to custom recovery in order to unbrick. I will give you steps which I did when I bricked my device and I had no fastboot access, no access to stock or custom recovery, no erecovery access and no wi-fi upgrade.

So what I experienced?
    You see logo but only that. Warning screen saying bootloader is unlocked. When you see warning screen u`ve got a choice what to do – Press to enter recovery, press to continue booting etc. None of that. When I was connecting the usb cable to the PC no detection at all. No working key combinations.

1. DRAIN BATTERY! REALLY. IT`S THAT SIMPLE. Leave the device on and put it in a shelf or something like that so you can`t see it and can`t touch it. 2-3-4-5 days. (I left mine for 2 weeks! :laugh:) The battery must be that empty that when you try to power it up only power icon shows up or nothing shows up at all.
    2. When u`ve done with Step 1 get a laptop or a PC with freshly installed Windows or Linux.
    3. Install SDK Platform Tools (ABD and FASTBOOT) the newest version from their website!
    4. Install HiSuite from their respective website!
    5. So now when you`re all done with installing the requisites get your phone in your hands plug the usb cable in the phone and then hold down (VOL -) + POWER when plugging it to the PC or laptop.
    6. Believe me. It should get into fastboot. I`m 99% sure. If all the steps I wrote are done correct!
    Why should battery be drained at ZERO?
    I will tell you the truth – I don`t know. Really. But all I know is that it`s kind of a switch. When something goes wrong draining the battery will clear something that it shouldn’t be there.

If this tutorial helped you then click Thank you so i can count how many good things i`ve done in my life he he! If i didn`t helped you then don`t stop reading until you find the solution! Good luck!

How did you unbricked your device? Tell us here and help others do the same!
    Created an account just to say thanks for this! I've have spent hours and hours trying to unbrick my phone..

You are welcome my friend! I know how tough it is to find a solution out there in this wild world! ;)
    Thank you!

Yes i believe so

Good question! The reason i told everyone to use there version and this custom recovery is because METICULUS is not working at least didn`t for me! It didn`t even started at first place! Nougat is preferable because a lot of people get in trouble when they upgrade to Nougat and then try to downgrade that`s one of the reasons too. So my advice is try Nougat custom recovery for your case! Good Luck and best wishes:)
    You can get into fastboot without draining battery just press the power button until the phone vibrates then quickly plug the usb cable while keeping volume down pressed. Worked for me:d