[Tutorial][HowTo] Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360

949 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,542

Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2016, 09:17 AM |#231  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Does rooting will delete all contents in my sd card?
The Following User Says Thank You to Yuvaraj Icon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yuvaraj Icon Ad-Free

19th June 2016, 05:10 AM |#232  
Flag Garut
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Help me
I want to root my galaxy y but i can't open recovery mode for flash update.zip because my home button is not work , can you tell me another way to root my phone without using recovery.
Thanks
1st July 2016, 04:54 PM |#233  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Thank post
Your article is very useful for the society. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.
4th November 2016, 01:00 PM |#234  

More
dude when I press update from sd card it is showing sd card cant mount
please tell me what should I do?
6th February 2017, 07:43 PM |#235  

More
I rooted my galaxy y and the very next day it's IC broke. I don't say that it's your fault but just had a question that can rooting break your IC???

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenedarshan

dude when I press update from sd card it is showing sd card cant mount
please tell me what should I do?

I had the same problem and I tried rooting it using another SD card and was able to root my phone successfully.
14th March 2017, 06:43 AM |#236  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Use any Root apk tool.
I think the best way to root Galaxy Y is trying with KingRoot app or KingoRoot apk. Framaroot app cam also root this device.
3rd April 2017, 03:04 PM |#237  

More
Can u send caliban666 thread link?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne

Look for update zips by
-caliban666-.
He has some more update.zips with bloatware rwmovers.
what did it result into after flashing the update zip?
Try wiping cache from stock recovery before rooting.
A Hero Can Be Anyone

Can u give the link of thats thread

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app
5th April 2017, 08:30 AM |#238  

More
To be honest , the Samsung Galaxy root is not easy to complete , but it is not difficult to do , this is depends on the root tool that you use, I wish you good luck
11th May 2017, 03:47 AM |#239  

More
As i can see, the AnyRooter and KingRoot , both of them that i have tried to use,I prefer the former
15th January 2018, 03:14 PM |#240  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatHeat

Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps.

1. Charge your device more than 80%. Coz you still have a lot of work to do...

2. Backup your contacts, messages, apps and everything you want. For the contacts and messages you can just about use anything off the Play Store with a few stars and good reviews. But for the apps I would personally recommend the Astro app. Yes I know what you want to ask. It's free..

3. Download the zip file for root and place it directly on your SD card, not in any folder. Do not extract it.

4. Switch off your phone.

5. Press the Home button, Power button and the Volume Up button and keep holding it until the Samsung logo appears. Now let go of the buttons. You will see that some writings have come in red colour. This is called the Recovery Mode. Your touch screen wont work now. So don't panic if you touch the screen and nothing happens. Only the volume buttons, home button and the power buttons work now. Volume buttons for going up and down. Home button for selecting and Power key for going back to previous screen.

6. Select 'Apply update from sd card'.

7. Choose the file that you have downloaded and select yes.

8. After that you'll be taken to another screen where there will be an option 'Reboot system now'. Select it and be patient and wait for your phone to switch on.

9. Check your apps and if you see the Superuser app, it means you are rooted.

10. Now open it and update the binaries.

That's it. You are good to go. The proud owner of a rooted SGY.

I tried doing this many times but when the phone reboots theres no superuser app in my mob .. so plz help me . What should i do ?
27th February 2018, 04:02 AM |#241  

More
Please help I've been trying for days its on ginger bread so i tryed to put a difrent one on through odin but don't think I done it right so now I am tying to do this??? I've followed guides looked on so many forums but it's been doing that in this pic ages? Also now I can't get recovery to come up only odin but like I say that's just taken so long.....Please if anyone could help I'd be so grateful GT-S5360
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eatheat, galaxy y, root, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)