FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM-AOSP][BL-1.2]G-Harmony ICS 4.0.4 ODEXed (UPDATED 8/19)

1,584 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,117

By tjohnsonjr, Senior Member on 9th May 2012, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2012, 09:45 PM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I was unable to install DRH's 1.3 because I kept getting the birds loop,
so I went with G Harmony 1.5
Since I see that 1.6 is using DRH's 1.3 kernel do you think if I try to go to G Harmony 1.6 that I will start getting the birds loop?

I mean right now it's running, I'd love more stability / features / speed, but.... I dont want to spend a day or 2 trying to upgrade only to fall all the way back...

20th November 2012, 03:41 AM |#352  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll77

I was unable to install DRH's 1.3 because I kept getting the birds loop,
so I went with G Harmony 1.5
Since I see that 1.6 is using DRH's 1.3 kernel do you think if I try to go to G Harmony 1.6 that I will start getting the birds loop?

I mean right now it's running, I'd love more stability / features / speed, but.... I dont want to spend a day or 2 trying to upgrade only to fall all the way back...

1.6 should install fine. The only way to know is to try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
16th December 2012, 05:50 AM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs up
This is a very good ROM! Stable, and all my apps and kids' games work perfectly. Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to heinrich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heinrich Ad-Free
19th May 2013, 07:17 PM |#354  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Let me just say - thank you to the OP for this. ODEXED is indeed the best - i've not even applied supercharge, and its the most stable rom i've seen to date. No slowdowns. i'm on loader 1.2 partitioned @ 350.I love Team DRH but their Roms are not as stable as id like. For now this one will run the show until another stable update from DRH.

This Rom is BOSS. If you are having issues, clear your tab as in the OP and start over, you're doing something wrong. Excellent ROM!

Forgot to mention its RIDICULOUSLY fast! - FYI DO NOT use Go Launcher Tablet on this though, Go Launcher is garbage and will freeze your tab.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiNJA_ONE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NiNJA_ONE Ad-Free
29th July 2013, 01:28 AM |#355  
Flag Prescott Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoted

Xylo,

Love the ROM so far and thanks for all of your precious time putting it together. I've been using paranoid android on my Win6.5 HD2, and thought I knew a thing or two. Read the sticky for the GTab on the main page, and wasted a day with CWM .08, ending up tearing apart my machine and voiding the 30 day refurb warranty ( eh no big loss).

To save others from my school of hard knocks, would it be possible to post the information below taken from jaymaj, or the following link that is more comprehensive, placed above the instructions on how to engage supercharger, so that others might not have to go through the issues I did? It should also help (not eliminate) other newbies from having to litter (already occurring) the thread with "How do I install this thang?"

Also, if it saves everyone time, perhaps it might be worth the upkeep.

Here are the two suggestions, I'm not quite sure of XDA BB etiquette.

Most comprehensive, probably for those starting fresh: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=46

Minimalist: Probably best for upgrades, with potential edits.

While I've learned a lot going through this exercise, I would have rather spent the time learning how to help upgrade the ROM.

Your sometimes humble newbie.

ok, have tried twice now flashing, everythings fine except i can't get wifi to connect, it sees my accesspoint, attempts to connect up to 'obtaining ip address' and just sits there, everything is correct and it wont connect, nor will it connect to my galaxy in hotspot mode... followed these directions the second time after multiple wipes just to be sure

i was coming from flashback HC rom, any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated
the tab runs much better now (including way faster boot up) but not getting into wifi is obviously an issue

also on first boot, it doesn't go into the initial setup it has a pop up asking me to select which thing to run, and as just once or always, it has some android.com item, and google startup i believe it said. did that on both flashes
6th April 2017, 11:06 PM |#356  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Could someone upload this rom because I can't download from original link.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)