76 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By techwerkz, Member on 8th June 2010, 06:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2012, 05:43 PM |#191  
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi guys trying to connect to cdma workshop and after installing htc sync i still cant find the drivers win 7 64. I did instal the modem driver but still have the 9k without a driver. After running cdma i get failed.. phone does not answer when i click read under security (after connecting successfully to port), not sure what im doing wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	divers.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1193644  

12th July 2012, 07:23 PM |#192  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Pasadena
Thanks Meter: 5,727

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAirways

Hi guys trying to connect to cdma workshop and after installing htc sync i still cant find the drivers win 7 64. I did instal the modem driver but still have the 9k without a driver. After running cdma i get failed.. phone does not answer when i click read under security (after connecting successfully to port), not sure what im doing wrong

Probably bad on the drivers. I'll link you to the ones I used (x64) when I get home.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
20th August 2012, 08:00 AM |#193  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwerkz

Update 9/14/10 -- There is an app in the market called MSL Reader that successfully found my MSL. It does require root access, my method will still work for phones that are not rooted. Thanks flexgrip for pointing this out, and mmastrac for the hard work developing the app.

Since the other method using aLogCat doesn't seem to work for everyone, this is a more consistent method.

Please be very careful with CDMA Workshop. I am not responsible for your curiosity, or stupidity!

I have included screenshots for installing the drivers on Windows 7 x64. This seems to be a little different for most users, so I hope this helps. Windows XP should be pretty similar to below. You can enter Device Manager the same way. Some of the prompts will be slightly different, but at the end most of the same dialogs will appear.

Prerequisites:
CDMA Workshop - http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html
The Demo version will be able to retrieve the MSL.

HTC Diag Drivers - http://www.techwerkz.com/evo/HTCDiagDrivers.zip
I have compiled this zip which includes both x86 (32 bit), and x64 (64 bit) drivers for HTC diagnostics. I have successfully tested the x64 drivers on Windows 7, and all works without issue.

The Fun Part
Step 1 - Dial ##DIAG# (##3424#) on your phone.

Step 2 - Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable. When prompted to install the drivers use the drivers from the ZIP provided above.

Windows will probably not be able to find the drivers:

You will need to manually install the drivers from Device Manager. Quickest way to get there is to press the Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Type in devmgmt.msc:

Once Device Manager is open you will see it cannot find the HTC Diag driver :

Right click on HTC Diag, and go to Update Driver. You will be prompted with the following, choose Browse my Computer. Then choose Let me Pick. Click Next. Click Have Disk. Browse to the drivers you downloaded, and choose the proper INF file. Click Next. Then finally Yes, if prompted :

If all went well you will see it installing the driver. Then finally let you know it was successfully installed!

Step 3 - Run CDMA Workshop you downloaded earlier.

Once CDMA Workshop is open click the word Port found on the right:

You will be given the options to select the correct COM port (Please note the demo version will only go to COM6. If you have an issue with this please Google how to change the COM port to something not in use.):

Once the correct COM port is selected click Connect:

Head over to the Security tab and click Read under the SPC / User Lock section:

If all has gone well you will be given your MSL code! It is the 6 digit number listed after pressing Read. Great Success!

Testing
The following sections should prompt for your MSL code. Enter what you have retrieved to find out if it is in fact the correct MSL code.

##data# (##3282#)
##debug#(##33284#)
##diag#(##3424#)
##svn#(##786#)
##prl#(##775#)
##prev#(##7738#)
##akey#(##2539#)
##vocoder# (##8626337#)

If you followed the steps correctly, the code should work.

Hope this helps everyone with finding their MSL when Sprint will not give it to you. Again, I am not responsible for what you do with this information. This is a use at your own risk method!

Hey!!! What about if you are running a custom ROM - and don't work the EPST codes?
26th August 2012, 04:29 PM |#194  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwerkz

You will need to manually install the drivers from Device Manager. Quickest way to get there is to press the Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Type in devmgmt.msc:

Once Device Manager is open you will see it cannot find the HTC Diag driver :

Right click on HTC Diag, and go to Update Driver. You will be prompted with the following, choose Browse my Computer. Then choose Let me Pick. Click Next. Click Have Disk. Browse to the drivers you downloaded, and choose the proper INF file. Click Next. Then finally Yes, if prompted :
et you know it was successfully installed!

errrr nope not working here... when i try to update the diag driver i get an error message saying there is no device information that has to do with the file....im talking about the usbmodem inf
running xp
im dead in the water until i get some more info or help
The Following User Says Thank You to bonerstorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bonerstorm Ad-Free
7th September 2012, 03:52 PM |#195  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Don't want to drag this up, but on step 2 I'm not seeing "Other Devices" under device manager.

Phone is connected to my pc and I'm able to see the removable disk (G) on my desktop.

Thank you for your time and all help is appreciated.
12th September 2012, 12:53 AM |#196  

More
Help, please?
8th December 2012, 09:36 AM |#197  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 19

More
^ You probably didn't enter ##3424# to put your phone in diag mode.

I was frustrated as all friggin' hell because my 2nd Hero wouldn't cough up the MSL. CDMA Workshop couldn't retrieve it. aLogCat didn't show it in the output. "adb shell getprop" didn't show it. I had to manually install MSL Reader and run that. It worked, although it locked my phone. At least I got what I needed.
11th December 2016, 01:39 AM |#198  

More
Time to put minutes on my Boost Mobile phone boostmobile.reloadcodes.com
10th April 2017, 06:30 AM |#199  

More
Zte warp elite N5918 from boost mobile
i got to unlock CDMA it worked for me as it don't say invalid sim anymore but i am trying to use it on my GSM network but cant get my MSL code i try alogcat, MSL reader and what ever app there is to look up MSL but the root access i believe is my problem whe ever i root and restart i have too factory reset and start back over
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)