[UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1!

Search This thread

weagale

Mar 14, 2017
unbrick kindle fire 2012

All I get is "error detecting device" is there anything else I can do??

milty456

Apr 7, 2017
Kindle Fire - Tried Everything(maybe)

I used the Kindle Fire utility on my first gen kindle fire.
The purpose was to root, and then go through the rest of the steps to get android on there.
The root process("bricked"?) it?

Something went wrong during root(that's what it said). Since then, it only loads to the logo screen.(original bootloader, non rooted(i guess cause it failed).

I've looked extensively in this forum, and found many utilities and drivers. None work. I can't get an adb shell into it.

I think, based on what I've read, it's the driver.
I've DL'd many drivers and tried many suggestions(adb composite, etc).
What happens each time is i see "android phone" pop up into device manager on initial plug in.
Looks fine.
I can't get a shell into it...device not found.

I uninstall and rescan in device manager...i get the yellow triangle.
From there, I've tried reinstalling every driver/suggestion i've found; it does not rectify it.

If i unplug, and replug from off state, it shows up again as android phone.
Repeat the above process(no shell, uninstall reinstall drivers, yellow triangle).

I'm not good with android adb or this(very new to it), but looking for some better suggestions than what I've found on this forum to "unbrick" this.

Thanks

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I used the Kindle Fire utility on my first gen kindle fire.
The purpose was to root, and then go through the rest of the steps to get android on there.
The root process("bricked"?) it?

Something went wrong during root(that's what it said). Since then, it only loads to the logo screen.(original bootloader, non rooted(i guess cause it failed).

I've looked extensively in this forum, and found many utilities and drivers. None work. I can't get an adb shell into it.

I think, based on what I've read, it's the driver.
I've DL'd many drivers and tried many suggestions(adb composite, etc).
What happens each time is i see "android phone" pop up into device manager on initial plug in.
Looks fine.
I can't get a shell into it...device not found.

I uninstall and rescan in device manager...i get the yellow triangle.
From there, I've tried reinstalling every driver/suggestion i've found; it does not rectify it.

If i unplug, and replug from off state, it shows up again as android phone.
Repeat the above process(no shell, uninstall reinstall drivers, yellow triangle).

I'm not good with android adb or this(very new to it), but looking for some better suggestions than what I've found on this forum to "unbrick" this.

Thanks
How to flash twrp and firefirefire with a Fastboot cable
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53652317&postcount=2

Sent from my XT1096 using XDA Labs

milty456

Apr 7, 2017
Thanks..more questions

How to flash twrp and firefirefire with a Fastboot cable
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53652317&postcount=2

Sent from my XT1096 using XDA Labs

Thanks...making progress now..i got TWRP on there and firefirefire...so now do i need to root this(since i messed it up rooting it in the first place)?
Or do i pick an image and flash it with twrp?
What would you say are my next steps? End goal is to get the highest version of android supported by the first gen fire on here.

Thanks!

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Thanks...making progress now..i got TWRP on there and firefirefire...so now do i need to root this(since i messed it up rooting it in the first place)?
Or do i pick an image and flash it with twrp?
What would you say are my next steps? End goal is to get the highest version of android supported by the first gen fire on here.

Thanks!
if system version is 6.3.3 or 6.3.4 see

[How To][Root] Kindle Fire 1 update 6.3.4 [2014]

if you have a different version please post it

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs

milty456

Apr 7, 2017
Version?

if system version is 6.3.3 or 6.3.4 see

[How To][Root] Kindle Fire 1 update 6.3.4 [2014]

if you have a different version please post it

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs

At this stage of the game, how do i tell? There is no kindle rom on there anymore as we've replaced the bootloader. I just get the kindle fire logo(now in blue as opposed to orange). Never boots into anything.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

At this stage of the game, how do i tell? There is no kindle rom on there anymore as we've replaced the bootloader. I just get the kindle fire logo(now in blue as opposed to orange). Never boots into anything.
I flashed CM11 from here: https://archive.org/download/cmarchive_snapshots with the otter build.
Seems to work.

I just need to locate a compatible GAPPS now i assume.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
once you have twrp you don't need to root, if you are just going to install a custom rom
not much for maintained roms any more
try
Random Builds and Development

and

[INDEX] Kindle Fire Development

read about OtterX and otter roms, and which twrp is need for the rom you want

if you have more questions ask in a relevant thread

Sent from my sailfish using XDA Labs

cd254

Nov 17, 2019
I followed your tutorial 6.3.4 kindle 1st gen Shadow but when it went to reboot in stay on the kindle fire screen. and looks bricked up can seem to get it to bypass with commands either. the 2221 twrp bootloder seemed like it didnt work or the receovery itself was able to boot up. pls help

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I followed your tutorial 6.3.4 kindle 1st gen Shadow but when it went to reboot in stay on the kindle fire screen. and looks bricked up can seem to get it to bypass with commands either. the 2221 twrp bootloder seemed like it didnt work or the receovery itself was able to boot up. pls help
See
UnBrick Corrupt Bootloader with Short Pin to force the Fire to boot over USB.
[ROOT][WIP] root 6.2.1 / install TWRP / unbrick any ROM

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility is the all-in-one Kindle Fire unbricker. All it does is execute what would be done in the command prompt, but it does it for you.
    Screenshots-

DZxsF.png

BkQVO.png

Changelog -

1.1 - Added "Flash Amazon Update" button

1.0 - New UI design, some bugfixes

Also, I now have a donate button, if you're feeling generous :)

Like it? Download it HERE

If you like this, don't forget to thank me!

DISCLAIMER:By downloading this file you agree that I (ZombiePiratez) am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device(s). This tool is made, for use with the Kindle Fire only. it is not recommended for use with any other devices. Use it at your own risk. Please know that this is un-tested, so if it works for you, please notify me what you chose and what was wrong with your device.

Thanks to Vashypooh for allowing me to use some of his code as a model for mine
    Your download link is bad,

and this looks very, very similar to what I made...
    To all people having driver problems:

1. Install the Android SDK
    2. Restart your computer
    3. Open Device Manager
    4.Find your kindle, and click "Uninstall Drivers"
    5. Find it again, and then install drivers as "ADB Composite"
    6. Use Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility to fix it
    7. ???
    8. Profit!
    This looks great. Personally, I wouldn't need this, but I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't have much experience with a command line.
    I dont even know where to get the files... or guides on how to do this by hand.

XDA's layout isnt helpful as I have an hard time finding anything on this website, and this website appears to be the ONLY SOURCE of information on this matter,
    I haven't looked into this for a while, but there are working links here, I think.
    and
    https://devdb.xda-developers.com/4/9/2/7/