[ROM] ► [8.1.0_r43] ► [mako] ► Nitrogen OS Oreo ► Substratum ► (07.August.2018)

Search This thread

chopoLet

Jan 20, 2017
Does anyone knows what best app for screen recording in NitrogenOS? I've tried downloading screen recording app on playstore and when I'm trying to record my phone freezes :(

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello. Does anyone know why OP haven't been updated to 7.1.2 ?

Yes, I know ;)

Actually I'm waiting for 7.1.2 gapps to be released. I do not want to have a flurry of posts like 1. the setup wizard crashes and there is no way to pass it. 2. Do not flash this ROM it doesn't pass the setup and so on :cowboy:

Nitin

Whinegum

Apr 12, 2017
Aachen
Hi,
I'm looking for a possibility to pass the SafetyNet Check with the current version of Nitrogen OS. Is there any possibility? What I have tried so far:
- wiping everything, flashing the rom, applying the unroot-script. --> Check failed (not only the CTS profile match but even the Basic Integrity)
- Installing Magisk 12, activating "Magisk Hide" --> Nothing Changed. (The inbuilt SafetyNet Check of Magisk doesn't response. Related to this thread there might be a problem with my Google Play Services?)
- Turning off the USB-debugging --> still the same

So is there still something I can try? Thank you very much!

mparmpas122321

Oct 30, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Xiaomi Mi A1
Time for a new build ;)

Nitin

Nice! @nitin Regarding the WiFi disconnect issue, the logcat is showing that my Wifi gets blacklisted. I don't know if it has been already stated or examined. If you want my logs I can send them to you.

Btw I habe switched from DU to Nitrogen on my mako. Overall both ROMs are great and smooth, however Nitrogen is much more lightweight and in some cases faster. + it is officially supported for Nexus 4.

Huge thanks Nitin for one more time. ☺️✌️

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Setup wizard is fixed for 7.1.2 on the latest open gapps! ✌️

https://xdaforums.com/android/software/pa-gapps-continuation-t3098071/post71843362

aenima1985

Mar 24, 2010
Firenze
Hello,
after I install the latest version of the ROM and GAPPS everything seems to work fine exept for google apps downloaded from the play store. It keeps asking for a email address ignorig the one that it was used to configure the device. If I try to add it, for example, throught the Gmail apps it says:"this email address is already present on the device". I already tried deleting the account and adding it throught the app but it doesn`t work...Anyone else is having this problem?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,
after I install the latest version of the ROM and GAPPS everything seems to work fine exept for google apps downloaded from the play store. It keeps asking for a email address ignorig the one that it was used to configure the device. If I try to add it, for example, throught the Gmail apps it says:"this email address is already present on the device". I already tried deleting the account and adding it throught the app but it doesn`t work...Anyone else is having this problem?

I had the same problem, I solved installing latest gmail version from apk, but maybe you just need to grant the right permissions in settings...

I am facing an issue in this rom that when deleting any file other than files in /system the storage space doesn't get updated itself. I have to reboot device for the effect, to get storage free up.
I am on latest version with stock kernel.
Hi nitin, i tried revival kernel to check with the issue. And surprisingly file storage is working normaly but i am getting sods with revival kernel. Is there any way to fix this issue in Nitrogen kernel. I know not everyone has this issue but can you inspect this if you need i will upload logs for this. Thank you

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi nitin, i tried revival kernel to check with the issue. And surprisingly file storage is working normaly but i am getting sods with revival kernel. Is there any way to fix this issue in Nitrogen kernel. I know not everyone has this issue but can you inspect this if you need i will upload logs for this. Thank you
I do not know why only you have this issue. How do you check that if the storage is freed or not? Try ES File explorer, delete some big file say ROM zip and see if it reflects in the ES File explorer home page.

Not everyone? :cowboy:
There is at least one other person with this problem?
Never heard of something like that...

Are useful error messages in the log?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
True that :)

Nitin

chopoLet

Jan 20, 2017
Nice! @nitin Regarding the WiFi disconnect issue, the logcat is showing that my Wifi gets blacklisted. I don't know if it has been already stated or examined. If you want my logs I can send them to you.

Btw I habe switched from DU to Nitrogen on my mako. Overall both ROMs are great and smooth, however Nitrogen is much more lightweight and in some cases faster. + it is officially supported for Nexus 4.

Huge thanks Nitin for one more time. ☺️✌️

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Setup wizard is fixed for 7.1.2 on the latest open gapps! ✌️

https://xdaforums.com/android/software/pa-gapps-continuation-t3098071/post71843362
I also had wifi disconnection problem when I first set up NOS and after I dirty flashed the latest build it still persist. Somehow when I connect my device to another wifi it doesnt disconnect at all. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Hi, I have noticed that the recent app button doesnt have animation when Im triggering split screen mode. Its not much of an issue thou :) but if ever sir nitin have the time to fix it I can still wait.

My battery is almost new - i mount her in August. Thats 5 months. Maybe i have to make clean install.

I also have issue when deleting any file other than files in /system the storage space doesn't get updated itself.
When i turn of device and turn on or make reboot then system show free space properly.

Overnight my battery is drained about 10%.

He reported he has same problem, may be you missed it. I had already tried with Es explorer. And i use Root explorer i had already mentioned previously. With Nos stock kernel storage gets updated only after reboot even if check with root explorer or in Settings->Storage. And i have also tried the inbuilt Files(documentsui) app. But with revival kernel, storage gets updated immediately. I will send you screen recording of this with both kernels. @nitin.chobhe

At least one person you were saying? @klaust58
And if you had not heard this thing. Check this xda post. It's clearly mentioned that storage gets updated only if you reboot the device. I know article is about a different device but i am not only one in this whole universe with issue.
https://www.xda-developers.com/io-bug-on-oxygenos-4-is-causing-deleted-files-to-still-take-up-space/

Last edited:

mparmpas122321

Oct 30, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Xiaomi Mi A1
Hello,

Hello,
What version did you install and what method did you try?
I had the same issue when I updated to 7.1.2, but I had dirty flashed in the wrong way.

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170414-183313.png
    Screenshot_20170414-183313.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts