Samsung Insights discussion

Search This thread

ragsy1083

Apr 16, 2017
They wanna see who already has a galaxy device. But i was told they are looking for jumpers ppl on other phones that wanna switch to SAMSUNG , sp that might mean anyone not on a galaxy device has a better shot. I got your message it wont let me reply but i got ypu let me check , i know they were shutting down early because of the holiday thats why it says you have until tuesday to fill it out normally ypu gotta send it right back

Hopefully that works out in my favor too. Did my survey on my iPhone , same as the last survey for the Note 7. Maybe better luck for the S8

inick73376

Sep 20, 2011
Joliet
For my S7 Edge, they gave me a "promo code" to use on Samsung.com to use worth a value of the phone (It was during holidays so I got an extra $200 GC and a gear VR for free)

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Also, anyone looking to get a referral, you cna only be referred by someone who gets accepted, which at this point is nobody. Please be patient and see if the people who get accepted will refer you after.

So, If I get the email with a survey link, do I still have to get a referral?

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
For the people asking to get an invite so heres what happens the ppl that get the pbone will get a welcome email and at the bottom of that email will be a spot for 3 referrals you gotta find some one on here that gets the phone and ask them to do you a solid. The insights program is really cracking down on people sending emails put of the blue because they are getting hundreds of emails a day so they are making it as an invite only from a referral.

Will we be able to upgrade the phone in the program to a note 8 from an S8? Since ir a running a year long now instead of 6 months.

Dmiller2007

Mar 22, 2011
I just got my first survey. Doubt I get selected, but I have a question if I do. I'm usually pretty easy on my phones but is there some kind of insurance offered on the devices or should we just get what's offered through the carriers?

inick73376

Sep 20, 2011
Joliet
I just got my first survey. Doubt I get selected, but I have a question if I do. I'm usually pretty easy on my phones but is there some kind of insurance offered on the devices or should we just get what's offered through the carriers?

I'd recommend what your carrier offers. If you can get it. I mean $10 monthly for insurance on a free Galaxy S8 or S8+ is easily worth it in my eyes.

spatadia14

Mar 6, 2016
Yes very true , but they usually do a second round of surveys. I got the s7 edge and my 2 referrals got it a month after me. Usually these phones aren't brand new some of them are refurbished sent into samsung with a problem that they fix and then it goes to the insights program, sometimes thats how it works everything that comes with a new phone will be in the box chargers ear buds....
But you wont get any promo stuff. But hey i wish everyone the best of luck but if you didn't have any contact with insights people before today well theres always the note 8

I was thinking the same thing. I just wasn't sure if they offered anything else through the program. I don't have a problem getting it through the carrier.

Thanks!

IF you break the phone they send you or is first registered with the app and their program, YOU MUST notify them of any changes and why.

Reactions: Dmiller2007

dankbud42o

Dec 19, 2011
I apologize if this has been asked a million times.... I received a survey last year and was not selected, I received another one last week and filled it out. I've never had a referral but I've received the surveys. Does this mean nothing and I still need a referral even though they're sending me the surveys? Or are people asking for referrals to get the initial survey?

mike.o84

Dec 5, 2014
I apologize if this has been asked a million times.... I received a survey last year and was not selected, I received another one last week and filled it out. I've never had a referral but I've received the surveys. Does this mean nothing and I still need a referral even though they're sending me the surveys? Or are people asking for referrals to get the initial survey?
I received a survey out of the blue last year for a tablet and filled it out with no referral. Still got accepted.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

spatadia14

Mar 6, 2016
Any repairs is gonna cost us right? They won't repair it?

You can still have insurance on it and get it repaired free of cost or whatever your deductible is. If you send it to Samsung (assuming you don't get insurance), they will charge you the regular rate.

Samsung is also a "All or nothing reapir." If you are sending it for a camera issue and have a cracked screen, the only way they'll fix it is by fixing and screen and camera or nothing at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 9/30/14:
    Samsung Insights emailed me today. They are now limiting members to 2 referrals. I've already sent out way more than that. So, until I hear otherwise from S. I. I will not be giving out any more referrals. Sorry! Good luck to everyone.

Anyone still needing a referral:

- PM me
    - Ask for a referral to Samsung Insights
    - Provide me your email address

I will reply before I go to bed this morning or when I wake up this evening.

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04 @nemofbaby2010 @SassyOne @rlmjr1980 @tylercarter
    Here we can keep the ROM threads clear of all the Samsung Insights talk.

Samsung Insights is an application/program that Samsung is using to track how their devices are being used by everyday people in their every day lives.

It is by invite only.

If you are invited and get your device, you are now a potential reference for someone that has attempted to get into the program.

If you have sent Samsung an email and gotten a response asking for a referral name, you come here to this thread and ask for someone that has already been in the program for their name. They will PM you their name. That is all you need.

Please do not put your emails here. We are not sending out referral links or survey links for the insights program.

Edit: I am no longer able to give my name for referrals. Please do not PM me asking for one.
    Im trying to get some insider info on this whole thing , is the insights people really gonna stick to their guns with the 50 % off thing or will they just change it to a free and only did that to weed out the 1,000s of emails they get from people trying to get into the program or is this just for this phone with the 50% and they go back to a free phone with the s10. I also believe that the trade in with the 50% off code may work they just dont want us doing it because why would they specify on that in the email and i saw that someone mentioned they want the receipt emailed to them since they started doing this where you order the phone on Sammys page i never had to email them anything after i used my code so i dont know where thats coming from. Some of you guys might remember and i try and get us as much info as i can anything i get i post right on here so no need to send 15 private messages.
    No one knows for sure until they receive the email, please just be patient. Not to be rude, but you keep asking the same questions. If it was meant to be, it will be! I am in the same boat as you, the wife received a nice new shiny S8 last month, I am hoping to get that coveted note 8 email myself! Good luck!

I already stated the same thing i will give info from my dude when i get it but i refuse to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Happy Sunday everyone! I contacted Samsung guys (Not Insights) and they replied that they have too many orders for the Note 8. They will be shipping it by Monday according to the rep. Can't wait to get my hands on it. <3?
    Yes thats what i was told shippingwould be monday or Tuesday and phones in hand by Friday. Man i wish every one would read all the posts
    I've sent out several referrals sent I first posted. Going to bed now. Will respond to any I get tonight.

I see a few posts asking for referrals but I haven't gotten a PM from you yet.

Update: Out of referrals !!!!!!!

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04