FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What, If Any Other Tutorials Would You Like Me To Make?

Tutorial on setting up and using ADB

376 Vote(s)
53.26%
Creating flashable .zips to be used in recovery

395 Vote(s)
55.95%
Whatever I want!

163 Vote(s)
23.09%
Nothing! I make terrible useless guides!

22 Vote(s)
3.12%

[Guide] How To Setup And Use Fastboot

6,858 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,762

By demkantor, Recognized Contributor on 13th May 2013, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2017, 07:38 PM |#451  
Quote:
Originally Posted by w_udyn

@demkantor
I have done with that app.. It only permormming an virtual root.. Its temporal root

There may be ways with dirty cow for a permanent root, you could discuss with that guy who made the app you used or within the other dirty cow threads (this doesn't require an app it's just for ease of use)
But unfortunately you won't be able to use fastboot to unlock

17th April 2017, 02:50 AM |#452  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

There may be ways with dirty cow for a permanent root, you could discuss with that guy who made the app you used or within the other dirty cow threads (this doesn't require an app it's just for ease of use)
But unfortunately you won't be able to use fastboot to unlock

I have tryed the fastboot to unlock many times.. But the fastboot couldn't recognized the command.. Always shows "remote: unknown command"

Sent from my Andromax A16C3H using Tapatalk
22nd April 2017, 10:19 PM |#453  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Do You need to unlock your bootloader?

Hello Demkantor,

When I try to flash recovery from your method above, I get an error which says "Pre flash validation failed"

When I try to erase system I get error saying "Permission denied"

I am using a Moto X play XT1562, Please let me Know if there I am missing out on anything
26th April 2017, 04:56 PM |#454  

More
Some strange **** happend , Need help Bro
Quote:

Do You need to unlock your bootloader?

adb is not working but fastboot did show the desired results. However, on rebooting my phone, lines have thoroughly covered my screen. Though i have flashed (same technique) a recovery, I'm not sure if it worked as the screen went wierd. I can't see a thing no bootup voice though but change in lines during recovery mode (i guess i did enter it). If it helps it was like Bricked Yureka.
Also if i use the command oem unlock it says failed-as it is already rooted. Help Please ASAP
29th April 2017, 03:48 PM |#455  

More
ugh
Quote:

Some Common Questions and Answers

*Note I have found many errors are due to not running fastboot with elevated privileges, try running fastboot as administrator (Windows) or su/sudo (Linux)

As people post errors or questions I will try to add more Q&As
Happy Flashing!

well I tried typing the flashboot in cmd and it said it's not a command or something I honestly dk what to do
3rd May 2017, 12:49 AM |#456  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhead

well I tried typing the flashboot in cmd and it said it's not a command or something I honestly dk what to do

If it says fastboot is not a recognised command but you have the binary installed on PC you need to either add a path in environmental variables or open cmd in the same place fastboot binary is in
8th May 2017, 03:03 AM |#457  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How important is the command "fastboot reboot"? Because I did a "fastboot oem lock" succesfully and reboot via the power button (and did not make a "fastboot reboot"). Device soft bricked. I restablish everything and want to try again, but dont know if gonna end up the same road, if the reboot command is important, or if should I try other command (as there are many that claim to lock the bootloader). BTW i have stock recovery.
8th May 2017, 09:20 PM |#458  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach33

How important is the command "fastboot reboot"? Because I did a "fastboot oem lock" succesfully and reboot via the power button (and did not make a "fastboot reboot"). Device soft bricked. I restablish everything and want to try again, but dont know if gonna end up the same road, if the reboot command is important, or if should I try other command (as there are many that claim to lock the bootloader). BTW i have stock recovery.

Locking you bootloader shouldn't cause a soft brick, and the command isn't very important, it just reboots the device
It is possible your particular model doesn't like to be relocked for some reason but i haven't seen that before
And relocking is just for security purposes, so if someone got your device they couldn't flash the phone as easily or get your personal info. But i never do, I'm not an overly worried person
18th May 2017, 10:03 PM |#459  
Flag Fairfield

More
Help lg volt stuck in bootloop can't access recovery or download mode only fastboot.
Around the first of the year the phone started freezing and turning off on a regular basis until it finally started bootlooping. At the time I had not rooted or put a custom recovery. I followed the guide for unbricking the lg volt that takes you back to ZV3 and then let it update. I then rooted and installed TWRP.All went smoothly and worked beautifully for about three weeks and it started the bootloop again. I tried installing a backup through recovery but nooo, it would not work. Finally, I reinstalled the os again following the same unbrick guide, updated, rerooted, etc. This has happened a couple more times. A few days ago Google froze up on me and the phone locked up...Finally got it powered down but when it restarted...bootloop ! However this time I can not access recovery. At first it would get to the factory reset screen but go no further. So I thought I would see if I could get into download mode but no it goes to fastboot. I have read that this could be due to the laf.img becoming corrupted and that flashing a radio img would fix it. When I tried it came back with remote : partition table does not exist. I did not reboot, just pulled the battery and got back into fast boot. When I type fastboot devices the s/n that comes back is a twrp backup I made in Jan. I queried for a partition list and it came back with "status read failed(too many links)
This is an LG volt / ls740.
The phone is stuck in bootloop. I have twrp but can't access it.. I can't get into download mode either . It goes to fastboot.The computer recognizes the phone as "Android bootloader interface" I don't know what to do Please help ....and Thanks for your fabulous guide !
26th May 2017, 06:30 PM |#460  
Flag shiraz

More
fastboot no start
hello . in my device [ lenovo tab s8 ] when you want to enter [ fastboot ] the device is not on the screen writes [ fastboot starting ]but no matter how old you are running . plaese guide me
15th June 2017, 12:30 PM |#461  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 31

More
is possible modify IMEI using command

fastboot oem writeimei 0000000000000

??????
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)