FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to restore / import Line chat history!

301 posts
Thanks Meter: 235

By BillBauman, Senior Member on 17th October 2013, 07:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2017, 10:51 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestork

Hi I recently restored my Line app and got the same problem as everyone else. I follow your instruction and the app no longer force close. However, I'm unable to get into my app because of a passcode I set for line app. Strangely, it says passcode doesn't match, although I'm very sure that it's right (I use same passcode for several message app). . My Line version is 6.8.5. Anyone has run into the same issue and have solution for it (even reset Line's passcode)? If you do, please share, thank you so much!

Now I stop using this method because the pics are all disappeard, I went back to individual chat backup provided by the app. Please check post #76 for passcode solution.

Good luck;
10th March 2017, 03:04 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandible11366

Now I stop using this method because the pics are all disappeard, I went back to individual chat backup provided by the app. Please check post #76 for passcode solution.

Good luck;

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I only have Titanium backup files after flash a new ROM so there's no other way.
As post #76, you mean this ? Sorry if I'm too dumb but I don't see any solution to bypass Line's passcode. Can you please guide me on this issue. Thanks again for your kind and time
10th March 2017, 03:33 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestork

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I only have Titanium backup files after flash a new ROM so there's no other way.
As post #76, you mean this ? Sorry if I'm too dumb but I don't see any solution to bypass Line's passcode. Can you please guide me on this issue. Thanks again for your kind and time

Sorry that I got it wrong about #76, woke up in the middle of midnight. I have no answer about passcode problem.
10th March 2017, 03:51 AM |#94  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandible11366

Sorry that I got it wrong about #76, woke up in the middle of midnight. I have no answer about passcode problem.

Oh, so sad that you dont have answer. I guess I just have to use Line on my iPad for a long time coming
7th April 2017, 07:24 PM |#95  

More
Hi, i have problem on importing my chat history. So i just reset my phone and before that i backed up one of my most important chat history i saved it on my google drive. then after i reset my phone i tried to restore it but it said "No chat history found" then i figure out i need to change the ID bcz i tried to back up again and it got different file name, so i rename the zip id's (i even rename inside the zip chat"lineid") but when i tried to import it. it said "Unable to Import Chat history". i need a solution with or without rooting the device.

thanks
18th April 2017, 03:55 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Use the sql editor from firefox add-on
for anyone who has TiBu backup, you can restore the chat history using the sql editor from the firefox add-on and also the jp.naver.line.android folder (all) from /data/data. Steps:
1. restore the TiBu backup
2. Don't open the Line app, instead use a root browser and copy the folder to your non-root directory, and copy it to laptop
3. Uninstall and reinstall Line (will need it for some settings configuration)
4. Login to the reinstalled Line, just go without the messages isn't restored
5. Copy the "new" jp.naver.line.android to your computer, name it with suffix _new (or anything on your choice)
6. Open those 2 folders with the sqlite editor on firefox
7. Look at the databases, naver_line, and settings
8. Take note of the value on anything that has "time" words on the left side of the table (for me, I copied the old folder, so i can just compare it)
*note: the "value" is a unicode timestamp, so you can search the time that is in the value to timestamp converter on the internet
9. Export the settings from the new folder (the one that you have logged in), I use the semicolon or pipe (|) as separator (or any symbols that is NOT in the table)
10. Delete the contents of the settings from the old file, replace it with the new file
11. Change the value of anything that probably have anything associated with the time that your app synced with server with the respective ones from the old folder (my last restore, they have different names, so I just restore with the "server sync" or anything that looks like the time from your line last connected to the internet, refer the timestamp), line thankfully stores messages in their server for a week (I think so, my last outdated backup restores until the last week, time gap, and the messages from TiBu backup)
12. If you have altered the name of the old folder, change it to jp.naver.line.android, and replace the folder that exists on the /data/data for that folder.
13. Open Line, and voila! You can access your backed up messages, the messages that you didn't receive during the process, and also the end-to-end encyption, which I figured out that you can't access that with *just* deleting the settings.

It's a bit complicated, but I think it's worth it, concerning that the naver_line settings won't regenerated by the app if deleted, so there is no timestamp, and you'll lose your messages that hasn't come in to your device, and also losing the end-to-end encryption feature, because the messages can't be decrypted at your device, and resulting an error (trust me, I have tried the sqlite delete settings from this thread, but I lost some messages and error messages because of the not working end-to-end encryption, so I managed to find this way)

Lemme know if there is any problem (pictures will be a great help)
Sorry for bad english, I'm Indonesian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadly616 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadly616 Ad-Free
29th April 2017, 10:18 AM |#97  
Flag Cirebon
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly616

for anyone who has TiBu backup, you can restore the chat history using the sql editor from the firefox add-on and also the jp.naver.line.android folder (all) from /data/data. Steps:
1. restore the TiBu backup
2. Don't open the Line app, instead use a root browser and copy the folder to your non-root directory, and copy it to laptop
3. Uninstall and reinstall Line (will need it for some settings configuration)
4. Login to the reinstalled Line, just go without the messages isn't restored
5. Copy the "new" jp.naver.line.android to your computer, name it with suffix _new (or anything on your choice)
6. Open those 2 folders with the sqlite editor on firefox
7. Look at the databases, naver_line, and settings
8. Take note of the value on anything that has "time" words on the left side of the table (for me, I copied the old folder, so i can just compare it)
*note: the "value" is a unicode timestamp, so you can search the time that is in the value to timestamp converter on the internet
9. Export the settings from the new folder (the one that you have logged in), I use the | as separator
10. Delete the contents of the settings from the old file, replace it with the new file
11. Change the value of anything that probably have anything associated with the time that your app synced with server with the respective ones from the old folder (my last restore, they have different names, so I just restore with the "server sync" or anything that looks like the time from your line last connected to the internet, refer the timestamp), line thankfully stores messages in their server for a week (I think so, my last outdated backup restores until the last week, time gap, and the messages from TiBu backup)
12. If you have altered the name of the old folder, change it to jp.naver.line.android, and replace the folder that exists on the /data/data for that folder.
13. Open Line, and voila! You can access your backed up messages, the messages that you didn't receive during the process, and also the end-to-end encyption, which I figured out that you can't access that with *just* deleting the settings.

It's a bit complicated, but I think it's worth it, concerning that the naver_line settings won't regenerated by the app if deleted, so there is no timestamp, and you'll lose your messages that hasn't come in to your device, and also losing the end-to-end encryption feature, because the messages can't be decrypted at your device, and resulting an error (trust me, I have tried the sqlite delete settings from this thread, but I lost some messages and error messages because of the not working end-to-end encryption, so I managed to find this way)

Lemme know if there is any problem (pictures will be a great help)
Sorry for bad english, I'm Indonesian

Hey, i dont understand part 9 the note one, part 10 and 11
If u dont mind, can u help me?
30th April 2017, 03:46 PM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditia581999

Hey, i dont understand part 9 the note one, part 10 and 11
If u dont mind, can u help me?

I used SQlite manager, and for the steps:
Part 9, on the new line folder (which don't have any messages), click the table (on the uper left)->Export table, and on the fields separated by, use the semicolon ( or pipe (|) (choose what is NOT in the data fields on the table), and on the fields enclosed by, I choose double quotes ("), always. Exported file will be on .csv format
Part 10, on the old line setting folder, click on the 1st cell (top left), hold shift and down arrow until you have selected all cells, then use the delete button on the upper right (add, duplicate, edit, delete), and click on OK when warning signs. Now click on the import icon (beside the folder icon, connect database), choose the CSV, and choose the other as same as what you choose when exporting the new line setting.
Part 11, change the USER_STATUS_ACCESS_WIFI_NETWORK_TIMESTAMP, USER_STATUS_LAST_FOREGROUND_TIMESTAMP, USER_STATUS_LAST_BACKGROUND_TIMESTAMP, APP_LAST_SYNCED_TIME, and the STICKER_SHOP to the timestamp of the old line settings, if you cannot find the same key from the old setting that match to key from the new line settings (I forget the key which is not same), just use the oldest timestamp for it.

Hope it works, sorry for the late response.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadly616 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadly616 Ad-Free
6th June 2017, 04:34 AM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly616

I used SQlite manager, and for the steps:
Part 9, on the new line folder (which don't have any messages), click the table (on the uper left)->Export table, and on the fields separated by, use the semicolon ( or pipe (|) (choose what is NOT in the data fields on the table), and on the fields enclosed by, I choose double quotes ("), always. Exported file will be on .csv format
Part 10, on the old line setting folder, click on the 1st cell (top left), hold shift and down arrow until you have selected all cells, then use the delete button on the upper right (add, duplicate, edit, delete), and click on OK when warning signs. Now click on the import icon (beside the folder icon, connect database), choose the CSV, and choose the other as same as what you choose when exporting the new line setting.
Part 11, change the USER_STATUS_ACCESS_WIFI_NETWORK_TIMESTAMP, USER_STATUS_LAST_FOREGROUND_TIMESTAMP, USER_STATUS_LAST_BACKGROUND_TIMESTAMP, APP_LAST_SYNCED_TIME, and the STICKER_SHOP to the timestamp of the old line settings, if you cannot find the same key from the old setting that match to key from the new line settings (I forget the key which is not same), just use the oldest timestamp for it.

Hope it works, sorry for the late response.

I followed the steps and my Line simply crashed. I did find a temporary solution, which is to follow the steps you outlined except copy only the settings database file instead of the entire jp.naver.line.android folder.

Make sure you force stop line on settings-->apps then disconnect from internet. you will be logged out if you connect to internet! after copying the settings database file, open line and you will see all the messages from the last time you ran Titanium backup. You can backup each conversation from there one by one using chat settings-->back up chat history.

I have yet to try restoring the backups in my new device but it should be fine. just copy all the zip files in internal memory\LINE_Backup folder and restore it in your new device.

if anyone has a lesser tedious solution, please post!
6th June 2017, 04:47 AM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 577

More
supposedly the latest version of LINE allows backing up to Google Cloud? I haven't been able to find it or any further info...
6th June 2017, 08:03 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ok, a little update. i tried the steps again from deadly616 and it worked! I used DBBrowser for SQLite instead of firefox. i may have missed some steps mentioned by deadly616 that's why it didnt work the first time. But DBBrowser for SQLite is easier to use for me than firefox

Best of luck to anyone experiencing this issue!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)