FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SD card keeps unmounting

1,765 posts
Thanks Meter: 198

By mrbubba999, Senior Member on 23rd August 2011, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Tonight I have been having problems with my SD card, anytime I try and download a file to it, I get the error "SD card unexpectedly removed" and then I can't access the SD card at all until I reboot

Any help appreciated. I'm running miui freshly squeezed with a class 10, 16 GB card

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

23rd August 2011, 11:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Back up everything you have in your SD card.
I had that same symptom once. After a few reboot I lost the SD card. It became unreadable/unformatted.
So, just in case. Back up your data first.

Sent from my HTC Desire Starburst Classic using XDA App.
24th August 2011, 07:48 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Cheers, done a bit more digging and its an issue for quite a lot of people. Backed up the card and using the standard 8gb that came with the phone. Ordered a new one too from play.com, as they are in the sale

24th August 2011, 09:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I had the same problem unexpectedly too the other night. I took the SD card and via a usb adaptor I connected it to my Windows 7 computer. A window popped up asking if I want to scan and fix for errors or continue without scanning. I usually just continued without scanning when connecting my phone directly but this time I let it scan and fix. Low and behold once it finished the scan I tried it again in my phone and it mounted successfully. Ever since then I've had no further problems since either.

24th August 2011, 11:17 PM |#5  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 34

More
This happened to my 16gb mmc. Went on for a couple of months. I ignored it and mounted it manually. It died a couple weeks ago. I had no back up. Devo

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
26th August 2011, 11:19 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by octa_amide

Back up everything you have in your SD card.
I had that same symptom once. After a few reboot I lost the SD card. It became unreadable/unformatted.
So, just in case. Back up your data first.

Sent from my HTC Desire Starburst Classic using XDA App.

Yup, same happened to me, lost everything on the memory card (though I had backups of the important stuff)
30th December 2013, 10:23 AM |#7  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,545

Donate to Me
More
Question Same Problem
Guys i have been experiencing the same problem for some days now.
Found this post here; Was thinking the problem has been solved over here, but you all are reporting your problem.
Any there anyway this problem can be fixed or as most of you mention. The lifespan of the card is getting close.
Or I should just prepare for a new sd card (which am not ready for now).

My Case here is kindda different because when i boot into recovery, the sd card shows up and works fine.
when i boot into android then it cant be found.
31st December 2013, 08:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
???
i have same problem with android 4.0.4 and sense 4+
i must be reset my phonee
18th April 2017, 05:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
my phone is HTC Desire 268. now for a little while my sd card did have a problem when i first brought it but it was fine afterwords but today after I restarted my phone, my phone again is getting problem with sd card the sd card mounts for a little time than it unmount ( giving the status "SD card unexpectedly removed"), then mount it self again and unmounts itself again. this happens 3 to 4 times before it competently unmounts and never mounts until i remove and add the sd card again and the cycle countinues. please can you help me.??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)