[ROM] Mokee MK71.1 z2pro OFFICIAL NIGHTLY [05/04]

Search This thread

m45k

Nov 19, 2008
actually i dont know what you mean by autofocus vibration problem. my autofocus is not working, only if i touch the area where i like to focus, then it works directly for this area and i can directly make a picture.

Overbeurk

Apr 5, 2016
Hi,
I received my z2 pro 6Go this week end, and I'm fed up by chines applications.
I want to install : MK71.1-z2pro-201704091617-NIGHTLY.zip but I have 3 questions (maybe stupid):
- Is it compatible with Z2 pro version 6Go? because on Mokee site, the hardware description is RAM: 4GB.(https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=z2pro)

- Is there french language?

- What does Nightly mean?

Thanks to help a noob.

Last edited:

Zenuno

Sep 12, 2011
Porto
Xiaomi Mi 11
Realme GT 2 Pro
Hi,
I want to install : MK71.1-z2pro-201704091617-NIGHTLY.zip but I have 2 questions (maybe stupid):
- Is it compatible with Z2 pro version 6Go? because on Mokee site, the hardware description is RAM: 4GB.(https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=z2pro)

Thanks to help a noob.

Hi there

You can download from there.

Reactions: Overbeurk

Bluud

Apr 1, 2017
Hi,
I want to install : MK71.1-z2pro-201704091617-NIGHTLY.zip but I have 3 questions (maybe stupid):

Thanks to help a noob.

Is it compatible : Yeah, I think it's a mistake
Is there french language : Yes
Nightly is a version still in development. Few bugs but not stable. When the version will be stable it will be "Release"

mostrapotski

Jul 24, 2010
Just for your information I tried the new build mokee 71.2.
The update is related to mokee/Android and not our z2 pro.
Meaning the following are still broken:
-camera
-flash
-vibration
-proximity sensor
-orientation sensor

We need someone to contribute on that rom, the build, even being successful, is not very intended for a daily use on z2 pro I guess

Reactions: Bluud
-camera
-flash
-vibration
-proximity sensor
-orientation sensor

We need someone to contribute on that rom, the build, even being successful, is not very intended for a daily use on z2 pro I guess
I suppose I've been fortunate with my camera then, but I haven't used the zoom and haven't gotten "stuck"... But I use Open Camera by Mark Harman on the play store rather than built-in, and it works great. Also, vibration and sensors (other than heart rate) are working fine.

Might I posit that you either wiped (or never flashed a Nougat-compatible factory QPST image for) the "persist" partition, where the sensor and camera drivers seem to live?

What works for me as a fresh bring-up and has fixed broken sensor issues:
- Use QFIL from the "How to flash a factory ROM" tutorials to blow official ZUI 2.5.3 in firehose mode
- Let it boot once normally (now you've got sensors), cancel out of setup and reboot
- Use the "unlocked bootloader" warning menu to start in fastboot
- Flash TWRP 3.1.0 from the German thread on zukfans.eu and reboot into recovery
- Wipe system, cache, Dalvik, internal storage, data
- Copy ROM to newly-empty storage via TWRP's MTP mode from computer
- Install a system and do whatever you want about root (MK is rooted with CM-SU, you can use the remove 5ool from LineageOS extras to remove it safely if you want u rooted or something else like Magisk)
- Restart once back into recovery so TWRP can secure itself
- Go forth to victory!

Reactions: mostrapotski

mostrapotski

Jul 24, 2010
I suppose I've been fortunate with my camera then, but I haven't used the zoom and haven't gotten "stuck"... But I use Open Camera by Mark Harman on the play store rather than built-in, and it works great. Also, vibration and sensors (other than heart rate) are working fine.

Might I posit that you either wiped (or never flashed a Nougat-compatible factory QPST image for) the "persist" partition, where the sensor and camera drivers seem to live?

- Use QFIL from the "How to flash a factory ROM" tutorials to blow official ZUI 2.5.3 in firehose mode
- Let it boot once normally (now you've got sensors), cancel out of setup and reboot
- Flash TWRP 3.1.0 from the German thread on zukfans.eu and reboot into recovery
- Install a system and do whatever you want about root (MK is rooted with CM-SU, you can use the remove 5ool from LineageOS extras to remove it safely if you want u rooted or something else like Magisk)
- Go forth to victory!

No i didn't flash nay nougat rom with qfil..
I'm doing it now. Somehow, i miss that part.
I might even try again stock rom for a while, thx!

SabreWulf01

Apr 18, 2017
Hi, I have had severe issues with the camera flash not working at all. Neither as torch/flashlight nor as camera flash. When trying to take photos with flash enabled, the camera app crashed and could no longer be started unless the phone has been rebooted. This has been the case with the nightlies from 12th and 13th April. I flashed Mokee coming from stock 2.5.335st.
@Terminator.J
How did you manage to use TWRPs MTP? With Win10 the phone does not show up as MTP device when using TWRP. I had that issue as well with my old Nexus5 with any TWRP 3.X release, whereas older 2.x releases worked fine with MTP.

Gesendet von meinem Z2 Pro mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
How did you manage to use TWRPs MTP? With Win10 the phone does not show up as MTP device when using TWRP. I had that issue as well with my old Nexus5 with any TWRP 3.X release, whereas older 2.x releases worked fine with MTP.

I suspect that's an MTP driver issue. I'm doing okay with Win 10 on a laptop and desktop, but if memory serves, you'll need the ZUK USB drivers downloaded from the "how to flash a stock ROM tutorial".

I recall spending a lot of time digging through the ridiculous Chinese BBS forum that Lenovo uses instead of an actual support website with a real download section to distribute things like OEM ROMs and drivers (yes, I have views) only to find that it's the same file that someone here already uploaded to android file host. Here, download this and save yourself time.

Decompress (7-zip, woo) that archive (but don't try to run any installers yet) and then when the phone's booted in TWRP 3.x with MTP enabled and connected to the computer, get to Device Manager (right-click on the start button to get to the good stuff fast, yay), find the device with the warning icon on it, right-click to "Update Driver", choose the bottom option to "Browse my computer for software", then tell it to search in the decompressed folder & subfolders.

If it gives you two options, pick the one with the longer name (I think... sorry, I'm really tired). If that doesn't work, try it again and pick the other... but one of those should work while you're in TWRP 3.x MTP mode.

Let me know if that works!

mostrapotski

Jul 24, 2010
Thx Terminator.J ,
Your detailed explanation helped me a lot.

I tried the stock rom for like... 5 minutes, but it's just bloatware everywhere. Who the **** at ZUK works at customer experience ?
Anyway, i flashed twrp and reinstalled lastest mokee, works great. Stock camera is ok (flash as well) but i tried open camera and once again, you are true. The interface is a bit laggy but the picture are much better.
@SabreWulf01 i flashed twrp from windows 10 and was able to use it in mtp mode. Prior to that i removed any lenovo driver from my computer and installed the lastest one from "how to flash a stock rom" on zukfans.

An other information, i was not able to get adb working with the white cable zuk gave us, what a shame. Maybe your cable is faulty as well and fail mtp, dunno if it's possible.

SabreWulf01

Apr 18, 2017
MTP mode does indeed work fine, when changing the driver. While recovery is running, Win10 kept ADB device driver, changing to an MTP capable driver fixed that. Thanks!

Camera flash (taking a photo with flash enabled) still crashes camera app and flashlight. This also happens with open camera. Running torch works fine after a boot, until you try to capture a photo with flash. I did clean qpst install of 2.5.335st and than flashed Mokee nightly from 19.04. which still makes the flash misbehave. Reverted back to another ROM which had working flash.

Gesendet von meinem Z2 Pro mit Tapatalk

TheNacho

Sep 8, 2012
Berlin
The current build is alright, but these are my issues:
- volume controls are broken (bluetooth streaming audio is either mute or deafening, call volume is loud at minimal setting and the sound of hanging up is deafening)
- WiFi is unstable in idle (not the biggest issue, but annoying at times)
- sometimes the phone can not be woken up (force reboot helps)
- battery runtime is meh, performance is alright though

do you think the volume issue could be solved by a clean flash? It is by far the most annoying at the current time.

Welp. Now it's screwing up for me. Even with fresh install (as in, blast it with ZUI 2.5 via QFIL, install TWRP, wipe everything, fresh install of MK + OpenGapps), I'm still getting hard freezes with black screen / blue LED ever since the new 7.1.2 based nightlies started coming out. Seems mostly to happen during account-sync-related things (or, y'know, trying to reinstall everything from Google Play Store). Going back to last 7.1.1 for now, that seemed to be fairly solid, even with volume issues (at least for me, it was either mute or DEAFENING with alarm clock - ring/notify and app volumes worked normally though).

TheNacho

Sep 8, 2012
Berlin
Welp. Now it's screwing up for me. Even with fresh install (as in, blast it with ZUI 2.5 via QFIL, install TWRP, wipe everything, fresh install of MK + OpenGapps), I'm still getting hard freezes with black screen / blue LED ever since the new 7.1.2 based nightlies started coming out. Seems mostly to happen during account-sync-related things (or, y'know, trying to reinstall everything from Google Play Store). Going back to last 7.1.1 for now, that seemed to be fairly solid, even with volume issues (at least for me, it was either mute or DEAFENING with alarm clock - ring/notify and app volumes worked normally though).

Had the same thing. I switched over to RR. After removing the bloat, I am very happy with it. Much more stable than MoKee

Had the same thing. I switched over to RR. After removing the bloat, I am very happy with it. Much more stable than MoKee
Thank you for the recommendation; I did that too and it's been very stable and seems to work well.

Of course, now that I found a ROM I like for the Z2 Pro, the developer decided to stop updating RR in order to focus on his releases of AICP! At least, if Google's page translation is working, that's what this means anyway. :p

http://bbs.lenovomobile.cn/z2pro/t780725/4/

I'm downloading now from the share.weiyun.com site; I'll try to put it up on Mega or AFH or something tonight after I get off work - hopefully it will have finished downloading then. (6-10 hours left, speed is varying).

If anyone feels like being a canary and verifying that the 7.1.2 MoKee builds ever become stable, that would be cool. But I need my phone to work for work, and right now, random hard freezes mean that I miss important calls, alarms, and reminders.

Last edited:

TheNacho

Sep 8, 2012
Berlin
Thank you for the recommendation; I did that too and it's been very stable and seems to work well.

Of course, now that I found a ROM I like for the Z2 Pro, the developer decided to stop updating RR in order to focus on his releases of AICP! At least, if Google's page translation is working, that's what this means anyway. :p

http://bbs.lenovomobile.cn/z2pro/t780725/4/

I'm downloading now from the share.weiyun.com site; I'll try to put it up on Mega or AFH or something tonight after I get off work - hopefully it will have finished downloading then. (6-10 hours left, speed is varying).

If anyone feels like being a canary and verifying that the 7.1.2 MoKee builds ever become stable, that would be cool. But I need my phone to work for work, and right now, random hard freezes mean that I miss important calls, alarms, and reminders.

I've had some good experiences with AICP on other phones. Lets hope it will be good on the z2pro aswell

fenelis

May 3, 2016
Antalya
For those having MTP issues, after connecting your phone to PC via USB cable if device manager shows a yellow exclamation mark, right click and select update driver, choose the second option on the popup screen, click the "I have disk option". Browse C/Windows/INF folder and locate wpdmtp.inf file. You will see and notice that the connection is established.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm currently using the one from today 0406
    It's stable, but:
    - camera has focus vibration defect
    - no vibration
    - only back & home action on physical button (long touch does not trigger recent apps)
    - Brightness slider looks broken

Hi there.

For recent apps try slide from left to right on physical button...
    Hi,

Thanks to help a noob.

Is it compatible : Yeah, I think it's a mistake
    Is there french language : Yes
    Nightly is a version still in development. Few bugs but not stable. When the version will be stable it will be "Release"
    Hi,
    I want to install : MK71.1-z2pro-201704091617-NIGHTLY.zip but I have 2 questions (maybe stupid):

Thanks to help a noob.

Hi there

You can download from there.
    -camera
    -flash
    -vibration
    -proximity sensor
    -orientation sensor

-camera
    -flash
    -vibration
    -proximity sensor
    -orientation sensor

- Go forth to victory!