20th April 2017, 02:28 AM |#21441  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 44,518

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [

AL [];71938371]You could do the same in CM13... maybe even easier.

But aren't you using a firewal, a system monitor or logcat app, doing system files operations and/or backup app, record video games gameplay, ... ... ?

I know root is not constantly needed, but at least for my usage, it sounds very tedious to have to reboot to get root for all those times a day I need it. And it goes without saying that I love the app I use that automatically turns airplane mode on at night and off in the morning: that needs root as well.

It's a choice yes, but not really in my case.

Logging works from pc, everything else works fine.

20th April 2017, 03:38 AM |#21442  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,310

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Logging works from pc, everything else works fine.

Well, maybe some things work differently on 7.0+ than they do on Marshmallow or it's just a case of what kind of apps users need or use.

In any case, my goal wasn't to contredict you or start a debate here.
21st April 2017, 09:58 AM |#21443  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Fyi

Well SuperSwiftkey almost died...but I figured out how to fix it. They changed folder structure so I'll have to fix each theme....there's a ton...also its size will get even bigger because the resources now have to be per theme and can't be shared. I'll update adding the ones I made for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170421-023536.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	4120572  
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 06:51 PM |#21444  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I'm trying to theme LocalCast. Everything compiles /recompiles without errors. When I run the app after it installs it closes after the Splash screen? Any thoughts? Does this mean it breaks if any changes are made? Seeing if you guys may have dealt with this with other apps also. Does it have to be signed a certain way. I had this issue with MiXplorer too when I tried to change the app icon.
21st April 2017, 08:16 PM |#21445  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 18,070

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydorns

I'm trying to theme LocalCast. Everything compiles /recompiles without errors. When I run the app after it installs it closes after the Splash screen? Any thoughts? Does this mean it breaks if any changes are made? Seeing if you guys may have dealt with this with other apps also. Does it have to be signed a certain way. I had this issue with MiXplorer too when I tried to change the app icon.

Grab a log. It may break with new sig but it may also be something you changed? Did you try just decompiling/recompiling without changing anything else? After it crashes grab a log using catlog or matlog.

=============================================
The stupid leading the dumb.
22nd April 2017, 01:57 AM |#21446  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Yes, but I didn't test. I ended up getting it to work by installing to /System. Probably some security thing with the signature. IDK.
22nd April 2017, 03:35 PM |#21447  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Can someone imagine why Snapchat isn't providing a black theme and hard coded the colors? :/
24th April 2017, 05:12 PM |#21448  
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Is this compatible with Android 7.1.2? Because my Apps are all White after flashing The zip...
24th April 2017, 06:25 PM |#21449  
Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELoTRIX

Is this compatible with Android 7.1.2? Because my Apps are all White after flashing The zip...

Make sure you've uninstalled updates from the apps that you flashed.

If you are on a pixel, I've found that the the apps flash into /system/app or /system/priv-app instead of /system_root/system/app and /system_root/system/priv-app (which is the true location of the system after SuperSU is installed). I manually move files and set permissions to get blackout.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA Labs
24th April 2017, 06:25 PM |#21450  
Thanks Meter: 974

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELoTRIX

Do you use a theme? Because these apps are only "theme ready". They lock stock if you don't use a theme by substratum for example.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA Labs
24th April 2017, 07:11 PM |#21451  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

Do you use a theme? Because these apps are only "theme ready". They lock stock if you don't use a theme by substratum for example.

Depends on the zip he flashed. I get mixed up on the threads, this thread...checks again....is for all TBO lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)