FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you think that Ubuntu Touch will have a future?

Yes

80 Vote(s)
93.02%
No

6 Vote(s)
6.98%

Android app port to Ubuntu Touch

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By DLevai94, Guest on 23rd October 2013, 08:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2017, 06:25 PM |#11  

More
Ubuntu-Touch must LIVE! I have use it and it is cool system. Some problems with applications time to time appeares. And it is very hard find developers for apps. But I think if required apps appeares -- more people move to UT. And first of all that system must use NOT for games.

24th April 2017, 11:19 PM |#12  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLevai94

Hey!
We know, that we can't run Android apps on Ubuntu Touch. The UT is a great operating system, but it has a big problem. It doesn't have any "neccessary" or "must have" applications NOW. These apps are the following by the community's opinion: FacebookMessenger, WhatsApp, Google Maps, a browser (like Chrome, Opera mini or Firefox), instagram, etc.

So, I want to know, that we are possible to port these (or any other) Android apps to UT, or not? If the answer is yes, i want to create a team. In this team i want to port Android apps, or create this apps alternatives.

Till last some years UT has some changes. For example appears OpenVPN network manager in a base apps. But unfortunately that feature with unresolved bugs. Also I didn't find any browsers like QupZilla/Mozilla FireFox or Lynx. So As for me we required updated OS for first. And normal browser. Current versions of browsers are unusable. That i big part of work. For that required powerful developers group. I try to compile and run some examples to UT but unfortunately unsuccessful. But I try. Who also try do something but with successful result?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)