Zte axon elite (a2016) twrp & root

Search This thread

mixxxk

Nov 23, 2011
is there an updated adbtool ? when i load it it instantly pops up to, "unfortunately, ADb has stopped" i am on 6.0.1
thanks

hoppi05

Mar 14, 2010
Guys I need some help here if someone could? I have fallen at almost the first step!? when i go to adb shell it starts with the same results as the first screen shot on the 1st page but when i type adb shell again it just state error: device not found? I am not sure what i am doing wrong here?

I have installed the adb root apk, selected enable and it asked me to start logging to enable and reboot which i did but this seems to have made no difference?

also when i type the dd command it states dd is not a recognised command?

any help would be appreciated as i did not expect this process to be an issue but i have failed :) :confused: extract below, i changed the path to phone on this attempt to see if that was the issue but it still di not work?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Laptop>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\Users\Laptop>dd if=/phone/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
'dd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Laptop>adb shell
error: device not found

C:\Users\Laptop>

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

sorted it there was a driver missing

hoppi05

Mar 14, 2010
Thank you! I will try your mixer_paths.xml

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

@Lienot Your file works like a charm! You just made my day!

This worked amazing thank-you this is the best improvement on this phone!

mixxxk

Nov 23, 2011
any chance u can give me a step bystep to downgrade . once im on 5.0, i can follow directions from first post. thank you.

update.
downgraded to 5.0.2, then followed instructions

now on 6.0.1,
rooted, twrp'd, xposed
on latest Chinese B15 Rom.

running excellent so far.

hoppi05

Mar 14, 2010
Guys my phone keeps losing root and super user states it cannot find it I can get it back but the only way to do it us uninstall superuser reboot into recovery and flash the version on the 1st page if this thread?

Anyone any ideas why?

I think it could be either the upgrade to latest version if superuser that is screwing it or the Mi-assistant when it does a junk clean that is all I can think if from what I am doing in the phone...

martas.vavra

Dec 5, 2010
Prague
Guys my phone keeps losing root and super user states it cannot find it I can get it back but the only way to do it us uninstall superuser reboot into recovery and flash the version on the 1st page if this thread?

Anyone any ideas why?

I think it could be either the upgrade to latest version if superuser that is screwing it or the Mi-assistant when it does a junk clean that is all I can think if from what I am doing in the phone...
Update supersu app after flashing, then update supersu binaries, and root access will stay.

Odesláno z mého ZTE A2016 pomocí Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    foto.png

z9Bdydk.jpg

1. Install app adb root -> ADB_ROOT
    2. Enable root on this apk
    3. Now install adb --->ADB
    4. Copy this file on Sdcard ---> TWRP_RECOVERY
    5. then copy this zip file -> UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
    6. write in this adb
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
    xHY9QWr.png

at the end
    reboot recovery
    6JIGITk.png

7. now in recovery flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Important
    For OTA you must replace the original recovery:
    1- download this file -> RECOVERY_STOCK
    2- write in this adb
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

Credit
    dadizhu for apk adb_root
    Età navigator (时代的导航者) for A2015 TWRP

BUGS
    On system/reboot recovery freeze you can push vol up + power for 10 sec to reboot

Warning

Dear Customer,
    We thank you for your purchase of the Axon device. We apologize but we do not distribute the stock ROM for the Axon device. Any attempts to root the device also will void your warranty. Thank you for your understanding
    Regards, ZTE USA.
    ...btw rooting worked great, I am still on 5.0.x but I dont care.

I changed some values in the mixer_paths.xml file and it is really loud - in a good way - and has the best sound any phone I ever had. (I am 42 years old and started with nokia, the first "music" phones were those Sony W995 phones and I had LOTS of phones til then)

The Axon is really great sounding a little bit to less volume, but after changing the file and saving the file with the right attributes (rw-r-r) everything is as good as can be (The Dual Sim elite 5,5" Phone in gold 1920*1080)

I changed 8 values from to 84 to 90 and other below in the file I changed values to 20 I think...
    The volume is awesome, I tried to do a normal call (with my answering machine) and nothing is disturbed, overdriven, or whatever. I think you know what I mean (I try to do my best in english - it isnt my native language and I am a little bit drunk... :silly: )

I use Poweramp and not the integrated player. But I tested the stock player and it is as loud as the poweramp player now is. Buy Poweramp please, I bought it years ago and it is still updated!

If someone is interested I can upload the mixer_paths.xml file - do a copy of the file (I renamed my to .....old before copying the new one - you never know)

All the best, the AXON is a great phone (for the few hours I have it now)

lienot
    Hi!
    No Problem. I am just downloading the update (2xx MB) - I hope my root will stay after update... Has anyone any experience with this update? I am just at this moment downloading it...

Anyway, here is the file. The directory is system/etc/
    The properties, attributes must be rw-r-r
    Reboot the phone - before rebooting nothing will happen!

I had to put the file in .rar container - uploading a .xml file didn't work....
    First unrar this file to have the .xml file!

I am not respsonsible for anything that happens, but if you save a copy of the original file (rename it to ...old or something like this) nothing should turn wrong.

All the best
    lienot
    Hi, I need stock recovery. Anyone can help me. I am stuck on B02 version and the are some glitches the newer OTA versions fix.

Please I am desperate...
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347845510
    Great work man! Really need one for axon pro too. Not sure this might work on axon pro. Can you make one for it ?