Thanks Meter: 115

Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2017, 10:22 PM |#851  
Ohio
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Yes. There should be a PDA or AP button on the right in Odin. Press that, select the tar file and hit start. Wait for it to get done, then install Custom Recovery in the same way (uncheck F Time Reset and Auto Reboot in Odin). Then install Wicked X in recovery

Thanks for responding. When I opened Odin, I see nothing but a start button and boxes. No tabs to select anything. I'm sure its me or my old laptop. I currently have an older version of odin and it fired right up. The only problem I have is I dont have the tar to update my my bootloader. Do you know where I can find a direct download or do I need to go to www.sammobile.com as you mentioned earlier in this thread? I went there and I couldn't make heads or tails what I was looking for. I don't mean to be a pest and I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Edit: Since I am on Boost, can I use the Stock NDC odin flashable and then proceed to Wicked X? Thanks again.

7th April 2017, 11:55 AM |#852  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 930

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootmcdoot

Thanks for responding. When I opened Odin, I see nothing but a start button and boxes. No tabs to select anything. I'm sure its me or my old laptop. I currently have an older version of odin and it fired right up. The only problem I have is I dont have the tar to update my my bootloader. Do you know where I can find a direct download or do I need to go to www.sammobile.com as you mentioned earlier in this thread? I went there and I couldn't make heads or tails what I was looking for. I don't mean to be a pest and I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Edit: Since I am on Boost, can I use the Stock NDC odin flashable and then proceed to Wicked X? Thanks again.

Here is nd8 on sammobile. Looks like regular downloads are down temporarily for server maintenance. Should be back soon.
8th April 2017, 02:12 AM |#853  
Ohio
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

Here is nd8 on sammobile. Looks like regular downloads are down temporarily for server maintenance. Should be back soon.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to find that for me. I appreciate it. I am late to the game so it seems like quite a few links are down, I think I found the right recovery so thats a bonus. I hope to flash my phone this weekend but I was curious if should stick with boost NDC since I am with boost or use Sprint ND8. Does it even matter or is one much better than the other? Also once I flash the new modem and recovery, can I go directly to Wicked X or will I lose root and need to root again? I have been out of the loop for quite sometime. Thanks again for the help.
9th April 2017, 11:32 PM |#854  
Flag New Orleans

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootmcdoot

Thanks for taking time out of your day to find that for me. I appreciate it. I am late to the game so it seems like quite a few links are down, I think I found the right recovery so thats a bonus. I hope to flash my phone this weekend but I was curious if should stick with boost NDC since I am with boost or use Sprint ND8. Does it even matter or is one much better than the other? Also once I flash the new modem and recovery, can I go directly to Wicked X or will I lose root and need to root again? I have been out of the loop for quite sometime. Thanks again for the help.

I think you need nd8 or nj2 bootloader to flash wickedx. Just Odin flash nd8 then you should get an update to nj2. Unless you can find a link to nj2 .tar, then just Odin flash that. Then use Odin again to flash twrp recovery .tar. then use twrp recovery to flash wicked x. Wicked x is already rooted so you'll be good there. You may need the boost apn fix zip which is also flash able in twrp.
here is twrp .tar, use the newest.

here is the boost apn fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madbat99 Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 04:13 PM |#855  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can I flash this with twrp? I don't have a windows computer to run odin.
27th April 2017, 12:55 PM |#856  
Flag New Orleans

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paridoth

can I flash this with twrp? I don't have a windows computer to run odin.

No, it's not a flashable .zip. Its a tar. Odin only. Or if you have Mac, you can try heimdall
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)