[Q] OTA Update Prompting

Search This thread

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Where are you getting the leaked OTA from?

I don't have it. I just went back to stock RUU to verify whether they're pushing it out or not. I got prompted for our 1st (old .2) update and told it to install and it said update failed. I'm waiting for it to prompt me again.

EDIT: I keep choosing check for updates and it says my system is up-2-date, even tho I'm only on software version: 1.22.605.0

Guess I'll just wait...

Last edited:

mystified

Oct 23, 2007
Let me know how it goes. U can pm me if u want i dont care but im very interested in this. I was thinking i read somewhere the new ota wasnt rootable maybe the guy who said that just got the first OTA and just thinks he has 720p. Im not callin jim a liar or saying he is stupid but if tats the only ota he has gotten he might just assume he has these things without checking.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

I don't have any testers' phone. It's just the normal one everyone else has. We got the ota.zip over on the irc channel.

unrevoked3 worked perfectly with the ota. Now sporting a 2.0 radio :)

Spiteful Monkey

May 23, 2008
I don't have it. I just went back to stock RUU to verify whether they're pushing it out or not. I got prompted for our 1st (old .2) update and told it to install and it said update failed. I'm waiting for it to prompt me again.

EDIT: I keep choosing check for updates and it says my system is up-2-date, even tho I'm only on software version: 1.22.605.0

Guess I'll just wait...

I had that issue, if it failed to install once it would never prompt again and think I was up to date. I had to wipe everything and go back to factory stock again to get it to take.

Cameron_S

Jun 14, 2010
I doubt it will happen on a phone that is already rooted. I believe you have to go back to factory install OTA and then reroot.

najaboy

May 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL
I'm new to this, but that doesn't work....I thought about naming updated.zip and then doing, but I have no idea what that would do to the phone....anybody have any ideas how to get this on an already rooted incredible?:confused:
You're right... I was wrong. Please reference the below quote posted by adrynalyne at androidforums.
I will try rooting it here shortly.

I installed it by first going back to stock, non rooted, and then using the stock recovery with it. You need to rename it to update.zip.

Last edited:

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
You seem to be right on the money... I spoke too soon and was dead wrong.

I went back to factory, but the first OTA wouldn't come, so I re-rooted, restored an old nandroid with the first ota already installed on it and then installed this one via clockwork. It installed, I have the wifi hot spot, 720p setting and the new version but the camera doesn't work. Just shows a black screen on stills and video. Anyone verify that they took a video?

BossMafia2

Jun 15, 2010
I went back to factory, but the first OTA wouldn't come, so I re-rooted, restored an old nandroid with the first ota already installed on it and then installed this one via clockwork. It installed, I have the wifi hot spot, 720p setting and the new version but the camera doesn't work. Just shows a black screen on stills and video. Anyone verify that they took a video?

You can't flash a legit OTA using cwm, only the stock recovery. That's why you need to RUU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unless its disabled in your rom, you should still see notifications. Unless you are running the same or newer version, of course.