FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Displex - scratch remover paste - YES/NO ?

286 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Karooluss, Senior Member on 15th October 2010, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2011, 02:39 AM |#11  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Toothpaste works too!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5113910_use-...scratches.html

I have tried it before, but it works better on plastic than glass. I guess glass is just too hard for the toothpaste to have noticeable effect. But might as well give it a try. At the worst it just won't make any difference at all.

22nd March 2011, 09:20 PM |#12  
Flag Prestwick
Thanks Meter: 2,340

Donate to Me
More
don't waste your money on Displex it doesn't work on the Gorilla Glass, I've tried and failed.. Jewellers polish is the best solution.
22nd March 2012, 05:57 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Sorry for bumping an old thread.. But ill try to erase some scracthes from my s2 gorilla glass today with cerium oxide, the manual way.. I hope it will get out after 1 hour or less
23rd March 2012, 10:43 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Let us know if it worked!
26th March 2012, 05:39 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
No results doing it manual.. I guess i need to use a tool. =[

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
26th March 2012, 07:35 PM |#16  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLunPy

No results doing it manual.. I guess i need to use a tool. =[

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

like what a dremel your joking that will **** your screen up even more i have 2 scratches in my screen and look aroung you will find a screen protector that removes scratches
27th March 2012, 06:46 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Arrow
yes, use screen protector, no more scratches !
29th April 2017, 05:26 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Use Tin Oxide to remove scratches from glass and plastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karooluss

I'd like to remove a scratch from Galaxy S display. Would you recommend this way to get rid of scratches ??

Well better late than never. I've been in this game since the 1980's..yikes and I can tell you without a doubt that the best glass and plastic scratch remover/polisher is Tin Oxide!! Get yourself some Tin Oxide from a pottery supplier. The best method is to mix some with a tiny amount of water to a toothpaste consistency and using a "Slightly Damp Soft CLEAN Cotton Cloth" or similar, rub in small circles. It might take a few goes but it will remove scratches in almost anything including glass, ABS, cellphones, sunglasses, baby monitors, jems and rock such as greenstone etc. It's also really good to cut and polish cars or any paint including urethane and lacquer etc as it wont pill into little balls as it cuts and stays on the cutting wheel, such as a woolen buffer, not flying off. Its also good to remove oxidized ABS (ie the white opaque look) from car headlight covers etc. It's really CHEAP and goes a long way. Remember its an oxide so probably best not to use it on things that could rust.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)