FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,367
 
By Snoop05, Senior Member on 29th December 2013, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2017, 08:21 AM |#1031  
mikeprius's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, California
Thanks Meter: 468
 
More
where is this installed to remove ? i don't understand the first post
 
 
12th April 2017, 05:52 PM |#1032  
kulvertti's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 571
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeprius

where is this installed to remove ? i don't understand the first post

Adb and fastboot are installed to c:\adb or c:\users\yourWindowsUsername\adb - folder depending if installed all or current user only. Also path is set to system variables or user variables depending installation and drivers to system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 08:31 PM |#1033  
mikeprius's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, California
Thanks Meter: 468
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvertti

Adb and fastboot are installed to c:\adb or c:\users\yourWindowsUsername\adb - folder depending if installed all or current user only. Also path is set to system variables or user variables depending installation and drivers to system.

Saw it. Thanks much
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeprius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeprius Ad-Free
16th April 2017, 11:10 AM |#1034  
Junior Member
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Just bought a mini-pc and needed to connect my phones up to it. This tool did the job. Thank you
25th April 2017, 06:24 PM |#1035  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 629
 
More
@Snoop05
On first post please update info about download link. Version is 1.4.3 (not 1.4.2)
Is there a portable version (without installer)?
Which version are adb.exe/fastboot.exe? Could you please include this info in changelog? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to bovirus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bovirus Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 07:32 AM |#1036  
Just a FYI for those like me that forgot or just didn't know it can cause problems... I was unable to install the 1.4.x version although the older 1.3 would install because my user name and hence my User folder name had a blank in it. This is on a Windows 10 system but I'd guess it applies to earlier too.

Unfortunately my device wouldn't let me sideload with the older version of adb/drivers in the 1.3 version of this tool. My simple fix was to create a temporary administrator account that had no blanks then proceed with rooting while logged into this temporary account. I'm just partway through that process so I will edit this once I know if the updated adb drivers which I choose to install system wide work on my 'regular' admin account/login work or not. Hopefully everything is good and I can delete the dummy account
26th April 2017, 08:21 AM |#1037  
Timmmmaaahh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 3,330
 
Donate to Me
More
Took me 20 second, I want a refund! >_<

Seriously, I can't believe this is still the go-to-tool for Android flashing. I've been using this for many years on many different systems and have been very happy with it. Thank you for keeping it alive. Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 05:43 PM |#1038  
riahc3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
For some odd reason it isnt installing.... Windows 10 x64 NOT ON CREATORS UPDATE.

It says it cannot find the path.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I have no idea what is wrong here.

Tried to exact it as well using 7-Zip but same error: "The system cannot find the specified path"

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

WTF...Im looking at the .bat and it looks like the most simple thing in the world.

Im going to reboot and try again.
2nd May 2017, 07:53 PM |#1039  
Junior Member
Flag Bergen op Zoom
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc3

For some odd reason it isnt installing.... Windows 10 x64 NOT ON CREATORS UPDATE.

It says it cannot find the path.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I have no idea what is wrong here.

Tried to exact it as well using 7-Zip but same error: "The system cannot find the specified path"

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

WTF...Im looking at the .bat and it looks like the most simple thing in the world.

Im going to reboot and try again.

Hi i think i found a possible solution for this.
I also strugled with this issue. Then i noticed that de *.bat is trying to put soms stuff on de dekstop folder.
Usually that location is C:\Users\{username}\Desktop

However i am using onedrive and syncing my desktop to the cloud wich made my location of dekstop changed to C:\Users\{username}\OneDrive\Desktop

When i created a folder named "Desktop" in the folder C:\Users\{username}\ and ran the installer as admin it worked as i should

Hope you might find the solution in this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steefzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift steefzz Ad-Free
12th May 2017, 04:02 PM |#1040  
Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvertti

Adb and fastboot are installed to c:\adb or c:\users\yourWindowsUsername\adb - folder depending if installed all or current user only. Also path is set to system variables or user variables depending installation and drivers to system.

I need some help here. I went thru the executable a few times and this is what is happening: the drivers seems to be installed correctly, as I can connect my phone and under Device Manager I see "Android Composite ADB Interface" - before running the tool I had MTP.

Now the issue is I cannot find the ADB Folder anywhere. Tried installing it system wide and user only but nothing. A screen pops up at the end of the installation with the following message:

ERROR: Invalid command line parameter "Skweler\Desktop\adb-installer.log"

I already tried downloading the tool from another server but same results, I run it and look for the folders as listed above but they are not created. Not sure what is going on here. Anyone?

Windows 7 x64

Thanks!
12th May 2017, 04:24 PM |#1041  
kulvertti's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 571
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkewler

I need some help here. I went thru the executable a few times and this is what is happening: the drivers seems to be installed correctly, as I can connect my phone and under Device Manager I see "Android Composite ADB Interface" - before running the tool I had MTP.

Now the issue is I cannot find the ADB Folder anywhere. Tried installing it system wide and user only but nothing. A screen pops up at the end of the installation with the following message:

ERROR: Invalid command line parameter "Skweler\Desktop\adb-installer.log"

I already tried downloading the tool from another server but same results, I run it and look for the folders as listed above but they are not created. Not sure what is going on here. Anyone?

Windows 7 x64

Thanks!

Do you try to install it with administrator privileges? And if so what the adb-installer.log says in you desktop?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, driver, fast, fastboot, installer
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes