FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,616 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,423
 
By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16 Now Available!!
4th May 2017, 05:55 PM |#6361  
I started this thread on the 3rd of May 2012.

That's 5 years ago.

And that's really shocking. Where have all the years gone??

To mark the occasion, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everybody who's downloaded TMA, helped with debugging and new features, and all the wonderful people who post on here. I know there are other decompiling and deodexing tools out there. Your support means a lot to me, it really does.

TMA is still going. I'm not working on a new version yet, not until Android O means I have to change things yet again, or until I come up with a new feature. But this tool and this thread are still very much live. And everybody who's reading it and this post are automatically the greatest people ever!
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
 
 
5th May 2017, 02:14 AM |#6362  
Thebear j koss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,888
 
More
Thank you @Ticklefish TMA was the best option after the original apk Multi tool went the way of ICS. Thanks for the continued support and updates to TMA. 5 years is about 5 ifetimes in android years

=============================================
Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 02:29 PM |#6363  
32dave's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 468
 
More
Question weird problem
Having a weird problem fresh install of windows ten fresh install of TMA 14.4 but when I try to decompile it shuts down never had this problem before the frameworks installed no problem but as soon as I hit the decompile button it just shuts down closes right off the screen I have attached the history text . I have been using this program since 7.1 and never had this problem
Attached Files
File Type: txt history.txt - [Click for QR Code] (16.3 KB, 10 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to 32dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 32dave Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 03:07 PM |#6364  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32dave

Having a weird problem fresh install of windows ten fresh install of TMA 14.4 but when I try to decompile it shuts down never had this problem before the frameworks installed no problem but as soon as I hit the decompile button it just shuts down closes right off the screen I have attached the history text . I have been using this program since 7.1 and never had this problem

Curious. I can't see any sign in the history that you tried to decompile. Which implies that the program is closing before it even starts trying.

Are you doing this through the Quick Menu? If so, can you try using the Theming Menu instead and let me know what happens?

If not there is now a debug mode which might help shed some light on this. Go to the "tool_files\rewrite\settings\" folder and rename "debugoff" to "debugon". This makes TMA run inside another window so, if it closes down unexpectedly, the error message will still be on the screen. Let me know what you see on screen which the program closes and it should hopefully give me a clue as to what's going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 03:23 PM |#6365  
32dave's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 468
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Curious. I can't see any sign in the history that you tried to decompile. Which implies that the program is closing before it even starts trying.

Are you doing this through the Quick Menu? If so, can you try using the Theming Menu instead and let me know what happens?

If not there is now a debug mode which might help shed some light on this. Go to the "tool_files\rewrite\settings\" folder and rename "debugoff" to "debugon". This makes TMA run inside another window so, if it closes down unexpectedly, the error message will still be on the screen. Let me know what you see on screen which the program closes and it should hopefully give me a clue as to what's going on.

I tried both and got the same result took a screen shot of what happens with debug on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tma144.PNG
Views:	116
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	4142833  
The Following User Says Thank You to 32dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 32dave Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 03:29 PM |#6366  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32dave

I tried both and got the same result took a screen shot of what happens with debug on

Weird. I'll see if I can replicate the error on my setup. In the meantime can you please try doing this with the mouse controls on? You can turn the mouse on in the settings menu. If the problem doesn't occur when you're clicking the decompile option, it might suggest something's amiss with the keyboard code..
8th May 2017, 03:44 PM |#6367  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32dave

I tried both and got the same result took a screen shot of what happens with debug on

I've just downloaded the latest version and tried it out but I couldn't get this error to happen.

When you select the decompile option, TMA first checks to see if the _in folder has any APK or JAR files in it. If there aren't, you see an error message. If there are, it will then scan the folder, assign each filename to a variable and present you with a list. Because the tool crashes on the theming menu I'm wondering if there's something about the _in folder that it doesn't like. What files have you got in there?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 04:05 PM |#6368  
32dave's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 468
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I've just downloaded the latest version and tried it out but I couldn't get this error to happen.

When you select the decompile option, TMA first checks to see if the _in folder has any APK or JAR files in it. If there aren't, you see an error message. If there are, it will then scan the folder, assign each filename to a variable and present you with a list. Because the tool crashes on the theming menu I'm wondering if there's something about the _in folder that it doesn't like. What files have you got in there?

just these


so I just reinstalled the frame works and now its working go figure. I had been trying to figure it out since 5:30 am my time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tma 2.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	4142858  
The Following User Says Thank You to 32dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 32dave Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 04:10 PM |#6369  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32dave

just these


so I just reinstalled the frame works and now its working go figure. I had been trying to figure it out since 5:30 am my time

Well, I'm glad it's working. But I've no idea what caused it not to work in the first place.

I can't even blame Samsung and that seems to be my default response on this thread sometimes!

If you get any further problems let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 05:00 PM |#6370  
32dave's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 468
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Well, I'm glad it's working. But I've no idea what caused it not to work in the first place.

I can't even blame Samsung and that seems to be my default response on this thread sometimes!

If you get any further problems let me know.

Ok thanks for taking the time to help love the program

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Spoke too soon as soon as you exit out and go back in the only way it will decompile is if you install the frame works again. I am guessing its this crappy creators update i am going to wipe the computer and install windows 7. God I wish I knew how to use linux lol
The Following User Says Thank You to 32dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 32dave Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 05:39 PM |#6371  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32dave

Ok thanks for taking the time to help love the program

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Spoke too soon as soon as you exit out and go back in the only way it will decompile is if you install the frame works again. I am guessing its this crappy creators update i am going to wipe the computer and install windows 7. God I wish I knew how to use linux lol

That...doesn't make any sense. Installing the frameworks shouldn't have that sort of effect. It certainly shouldn't go wrong if you exit and start it again.

If Windows 7 continues to give you problems, let me know. I can give you a copy of the program that displays the code it's running. That might help show what's going on.
Maybe.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes