Oct-N [d85x,ls990,vs985]

Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I flash only the LOS SU? Don't have to flash another .zip file like MrBump or something like this?

Bump is used when dealing with systemless root because the boot image gets modified. The LOS SU is pretty much putting back the built in root that was removed. No bumping (should be) needed.

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Last edited:

hellenicboy

Nov 7, 2010
Anyone tried latest update 04/28 7.1.2? It keeps crashing on me when I try to enter my gmail account to restore phone. Tried several times with clean install and checked md5 hash.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Golfer_Ron

Jan 31, 2011
Anyone tried latest update 04/28 7.1.2? It keeps crashing on me when I try to enter my gmail account to restore phone. Tried several times with clean install and checked md5 hash.

I had the same problem, what I did was to factory wipe, then install ROM. Reboot to system, then reboot to recovery. Install gapps, su, & Mr. Bump.
Everything works great.

hedgecore44

Mar 9, 2016
I am brand new coming from a Note 2 (after I got tired of the endless SIM card errors) and, wow, this phone and OS flies! the 4/28 build has been running flawlessly on my D850 on AT&T for 3 days now.. thank you. I really appreciate this.

Reactions: marcdw

jlb1959.01

Feb 27, 2016
springhill,fl
wow people really don't read the op,on the team October web and on op they clearly state that the ROM is unroofed and has been from the beginning of 7.0/7.1.,.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

team octo web,correct spell screwed it up..

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

in rooted since 7.0/7.1..clearly stated on their web,and explain why...

jlb1959.01

Feb 27, 2016
springhill,fl
Not to be an a..,but since 7.0/7.1 it has never had root,and IF people truely read the info on a ROM it is included on their web,where you down load the ROMs,as well as their op,,since going to 7.0/7.2 the ROMs(all ROMs)are not rooted..the moderator has patients of gold,common sense is to read info,and it is up to date,go to their web and read the info for rooting this ROM..

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

And those who are advising to go into settings obviously aren't using octo, because if they were they would no that the ROM is unroofed,and if you want root then go to their web and read the instructions,the instructions were written when 7.0/7.1 was started.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

not to keep going on but,the op sends a person to the octo web,on the web on the very 1st page it states that 7.0/7.1 is not rooted,and never has been,and the ONLY officicial down loads for Octo are on their official site,so, if ur down loading from android file host and its not on their official site then that is not official..I have no idea where you got a rooted octo from,but its not official.also the web op has never changed as far as answers to root,I think that pretty much answers as to if 7.1 was ever rooted,,,answer is no...

dombo1970

Jan 30, 2017
Am I dreaming? On February 11, 2017 (this year!) I asked how to get root back for OctOs, because I read on the mentioned homepage that root is not included anymore, and the answer was its still rooted (here), no change. (page 18/19)
And believe me, it was rooted right after flashing, without separate SuperSU etc.
:silly:
I always used the official sources for this ROM.

Last edited:

jlb1959.01

Feb 27, 2016
springhill,fl
lol,not going to argue,let the ADM give the answers then..dream or no dream the ROMs aren't rooted now and the instructions are on the op as to how to root and it sure as heck isn't in the settings..obvious the ADM haven't answered any questions of yours if in Jan you asked...anyone saying its in the settings is on correct,and each model phone is different as to updates,not all models recieve updates at the same time.I went into my phone(vs985) and down loaded each update and never had root...my advise is get moderator to answer....and if in Jan the mod said the op is wrong then it seems you should have no problems....gave advise and received talk back that I'm wrong yet still no root,so who is wrong...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

lol,then the complete Octo web is in correct,so team octo must do an over view of their web..??

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I should comment differently on my phone in comparison with others,that way I don't come across as an a...,on my vs985 I have never been rooted on 7.1, and the website is where I get my downloads,now each model may be different as far as updates and root,I can only comment on my phone..sorry if I caused issues..I looked thru each update,went back to the first down LD and it was confirmed I never had root..again I shouldn't have commented on other models..

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@jlb1959.01,
Wow. A lot of wah wah there that popped up for little reason given there was no conversation going on about root. Maybe two weeks ago.
Your rant came out of nowhere.

What happened jlb? Rip Van Winkled and woke up with an old topic naggin' at ya.
????

LG G3 D851, crDroidAndroid v3.2 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Last edited:

manfromgta

Feb 5, 2012
GTA
OctOS is rootless

Ok let's end this argument about root here and now. All OctOS official releases are rootless. They have been since early march when the rootless substratum was merged. As stated in OP under FAQ section:
Q: What about root?
A: Root is removed by default (user will be able to flash which ever root zip they want)

Now let's move on.
Thanks...
Team-OctOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    octos_large-1.png
    Octos-300.png
    Disclaimer: OctOs is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Team OctOs presents Oct-N.

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

We have Gapps here.

http://opengapps.org
    ***USE Gapps of your choosing, we prefer Open Gapps***

- Please Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to. -

Feature List
    • Substratum rootless theme engine support (must install Substratum from play store)
    • Tentacles settings!
    • Pixel Launcher Included
    • OmniSwitch
    • Power menu options
    • Screenshot
    • Screen record
    • DPI settings
    • Status bar time and date options
    • Status bar network traffic indicator
    • Status bar notification settings
    • Quick tile settings
    • Volume button playback control
    • Volume button wake
    • DUI (fling, pulse, smartbar)
    • Screen record
    • And much more!!!!

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Is this Android 7 (Nougat)?
    A: Yes, this is Android 7.1.2

Q: What code is Oct-N based on?
    A: This version of Oct-N is based on LineageOS 14.1

Q: Why isn't there XYZ feature?
    A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But all the others have..
    A: ROM developers, build something they want to use. The ROM developer that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't include (or don't want to include), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Oct-N.

Q: What about root?
    A: Root is removed by default (user will be able to flash which ever root zip they want)

Bugs:
    Bugs happen. Our testers are very good at breaking things, but no where near as good as the rest of the Android public. In order to investigate and fix issues, we need the help of the users who are going to report them. The Android OS has many nifty features to help us in this, but only if we can engage the user to assist us.

Logs, Logcat, and the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)
    Like any other OS, Android has multiple log files that are generated and record the goings-on of the system. As a user, you have two basic ways to view and pull these to send to us. Without the information in the logfiles, there simply is not a whole lot of information to go on.

Log file APKs
    Team OctOs recommends SysLog from the Android Market. This application will allow you to selectively pick any (or all) of the system logs, compress them into a .ZIP file, and allow you to save, email, move to your Copy/DropBox/Cloud Storage account, etc.

ADB Logcat
    The Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) is a powerful tool available from Google as part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). Used for many things, being able to selectively see, in real-time, what your device is doing cannot be downplayed. While there is more setup involved, if you are doing consistent ROM flashing, you really should invest the time to get setup properly to do it.

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Basic Instructions:
    1. Download ROM .zip file and MD5 file, and grab your favorite Open Gapps package http://opengapps.org
    2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Reboot to Recovery from Power Menu, Hardware-based boot to recovery, or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
      --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
      The Oct-N ROM installation script will automatically wipe /system, /cache, and /dalvik-cache. There is no need to do these before or after flashing the ROM unless you are instructed to by your Gapps Provider. When dirty flashing weekly updates, you MUST reflash Gapps along with any other files, apps, custom mods or kernels etc.. (anything that resides in system partition)
    3. Flash ROM, GApps and any additional .ZIP files
    4. Reboot
    Download
    Download from Team-OctOS web site!
    Change log
    View change log on Team-OctOS web site!

The foundation of the Android OS is the fact that is it open-source. We have all code we use internally in the creation of Oct-N available on our GitHub repositories.

Unless otherwise specified, all Oct-N builds kernel souce can be found on github at Team-OctOS.

Team OctOs GitHub - http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs
    Team OctOs Gerrit Review - http://www.teamoctos.com:8080
    Team OctOs GPLv2 License - http://www.teamoctos.com/license/
    Team OctOs Patreon Campaign - https://www.patreon.com/TOctOs
    Donate to OctOS Development (PayPal)

Want To Build Your Own?
    Check out the ReadMe on our GitHub for Instructions

Special thanks to
    • Our testers, without which, there would be no public releases for OctOs

We would also like to thank
    • AOSP
    • Open Gapps
    • LineageOS
    • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

Follow Team-OctOS!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Team OctOS, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    bthorne79, cjkacz, canodroid15, hedwig34
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LOS/AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-01-15
    Last Updated 2017-04-29
    Weekly builds are up please check your OTA or on site Thanks
    dont worry guys and gals yes we are working hard on getting new builds out and correct having to redo all my device trees all over the ones i was using to keep rils working killed LOS rebase currently we verified ls990 is up and running....

Still need a D855 tester if your willing and wanting please email teamoctos@gmail.com and our tester screener,pr, thread watcher, best #1 supporter @canodroid15 will get back with you on what we expect as a tester
    thanks so much for supporting OctOS
    Update: May 5/17

Weeklies are up on site.

Download from OP or check your OTA.
    Update: May 19/17

Weekly 05/19 is up on site.

Download: https://www.teamoctos.com/oct-n-weekly-lineageos-base/