Thanks Meter: 4,961

Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2017, 06:52 AM |#3161  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown835

Anyway you just not supposed to ask for an update

I was not asking , I was merely suggesting that the developer should perhaps update the app in order to counter whatever new encrytptions google might have put in place .

Let's just stop now . Have a nice day/night .

5th May 2017, 07:30 AM |#3162  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
OK guys just calm down please. Thanks to both for your interest.

That toast it's only a warning to advise the user that the format retrieval may take longer. They didn't change anything at YouTube. When they do, usually the app breaks.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 12:01 PM |#3163  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry if this question has already been answered but I could not find relevant information on the application's site.

I'm looking for an option that makes the app automatically download and extract the audio in background after a video has been shared with that from youtube. It seems that has been at least once in the application but I cant find the relevant option. Also tried the "auto extract audio" option but it seems it does not do what I want. Any clue how can I do it? or if it is possible at all?
10th May 2017, 01:47 PM |#3164  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamnag

Sorry if this question has already been answered but I could not find relevant information on the application's site.

I'm looking for an option that makes the app automatically download and extract the audio in background after a video has been shared with that from youtube. It seems that has been at least once in the application but I cant find the relevant option. Also tried the "auto extract audio" option but it seems it does not do what I want. Any clue how can I do it? or if it is possible at all?

Hi. If you're interested only in having the audio stream, ther's no need to download a full video: go enable "secondary streams" from the app's setting and, after sharing a video from YouTube, choose an audio-only stream from the `formats` tab (they have the "AO" prefix).

Otherwise (if you also want to retain the video), yes, "auto extract audio" it's the setting. You choose a video format and then an audio format it's extracted automatically.
10th May 2017, 01:47 PM |#3165  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

That toast it's only a warning to advise the user that the format retrieval may take longer. They didn't change anything at YouTube. When they do, usually the app breaks.

Just to confirm, I have seen this message many times, and if I do what the app asks (ie WAIT), it proceeds to download the video. I don't think there is any change required. Just patience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 01:56 PM |#3166  

More
Quote:

Hi. If you're interested only in having the audio stream, ther's no need to download a full video: go enable "secondary streams" from the app's setting and, after sharing a video from YouTube, choose an audio-only stream from the `formats` tab (they have the "AO" prefix).

This is not exactly what I want, as most of the audio's listed in this case are not mp3 versions.

Quote:

Otherwise (if you also want to retain the video), yes, "auto extract audio" it's the setting. You choose a video format and then an audio format it's extracted automatically.

this means however that after sharing from youtube, I have to wait for the list of videos to show up, then select one for the extraction to begin, but what I was asking is if the user interaction can be limited to min. So I'm watching a video from youtube, chose share, chose this app and just come back to youtube to continue listening/watching the video. on the background downloader looks up the formats, based on some previously configured settings finds the proper format (in my case mp3) and starts the download, extraction process, all without user interaction. is this possible?
10th May 2017, 02:08 PM |#3167  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@mohamnag:
Ok, now I understand what you mean. No, there's no such "auto" mode. You have to choose a format from the list.
10th May 2017, 02:14 PM |#3168  

More
Quote:

@mohamnag:
Ok, now I understand what you mean. No, there's no such "auto" mode. You have to choose a format from the list.

any plans to implement it?
10th May 2017, 02:15 PM |#3169  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamnag

any plans to implement it?

Not really, for the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
18th May 2017, 05:58 PM |#3170  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hello,
Can someone confirm that at youtube they changed again something in regards to the encrypted signatures? (I.e. videos by Vevo or other official music videos, film trailers, etc).

Thanks guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
18th May 2017, 06:00 PM |#3171  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 5,980

More
Quote:

Hello,
Can someone confirm that at youtube they changed again something in regards to the encrypted signatures? (I.e. videos by Vevo or other official music videos, film trailers, etc).

Thanks guys.

Edit: NVM it doesn't download and it shows 0 in some
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170518-123247.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	4154075  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)