[GUIDE][PARTIAL] Unlock Additional LTE bands on Chinese & US variants of OnePlus 3

Search This thread

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
I want to unlock one plus 3 US model.
I want LTE for band 1,3,5.
Most of the recent posts are for 3t.
Can someone please post clear directions of what to do (with the required links)?

All your need is there in main post :)

simply follow the procedure, lot of guys unlocked their B3 on US model already using same procedure

snowwolf725

Mar 23, 2010
Taipei
I followed​ the procedure for the Chinese 1+3T (flashing EU qnc) but it is not working. But maybe in the US variant works.

OnePlus 3T uses SKY77824-11 and SKY77646-51 as PAM(power amplifier module) for FDD/TDD LTE.
SKY77646-51 for B1, B3, B4, B8, B12, B13, B20, B25, B26, B28, B34, B39
SKY77824-11 for B7, B30, B38, B40, B41
Europe Model (A3003) Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20/38/40
China Model (A3010) Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/38/39/40/41
American Model (A3000) Bands: 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17/30

There have different board layout, although all variants of 1+3T use the same PAM.
I guess the board layout of A3010 should look similar to attach file.
The RF_OUT_B20 pin is not wired on SKY77646-51.
So there's no way to enable B20 without hardware modification.
It's major difference between A3003 and A3010.

B2 signal through RF_OUT_B25 pin on SKY77646-51, because they have similar frequency 1900mhz.
B17 signal through RF_OUT_B13 pin on SKY77646-51, because they have similar frequency 700mhz.
(Maybe B12 and B17 are only available on A3000)

Ref: Mi5 schematics
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71773560&postcount=744

Attachments

• 1494016318657.jpg
    1494016318657.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

snowwolf725

Mar 23, 2010
Taipei
@snowwolf725
If my carries only uses LTE band 3. Using the last method you found for unlocking B3+B7, will it work for me?
(Same question as @Alluke asked...)

B3+B7 only works, if your carrier support B3 and B7.
Unlocking LTE CA and Unlocking LTE bands are two different things.
For example, if you flash Unlock_LTE_CA_B3B7B8.qcn on an A3000 (US model), you will not get B3+B7 or B3+B8.
(However B7+B8 should work well on A3000)
Because this file will only change the LTE CA combination, it doesn't unlock LTE B3 on A3000.

Reactions: koko21341

koko21341

Mar 26, 2016
I tried the method from the first post, but I don't have QXDM, is there any demo version of it or alternative software foe writing the nvitems?

aurfawce

Sep 9, 2007
I tried the method from the first post, but I don't have QXDM, is there any demo version of it or alternative software foe writing the nvitems?

I am unsure of demo version, but if you look at the oneplus one thread on similar topic I believe it is linked in there or quick Google search should find it for ya, a licensed version, even if it's old, it'll work

moti2408

Jun 21, 2016
Hi guys
I have op3 us module and I try to unlock band 3.
I'm here from the beginning of this thread and I did not succeed on doing so.
I have tried all the things that posted in this thread and still no success.
Please any ideas I am losing hope here.
I even get back to OS 4.0.2
And this is my rom now. @otonieru

Last edited:

cabledaliens

Mar 2, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi guys
I have op3 us module and I try to unlock band 3.
I'm here from the beginning of this thread and I did not succeed on doing so.
I have tried all the things that posted in this thread and still no success.
Please any ideas I am losing hope here.
I even get back to OS 4.0.2
And this is my rom now. @otonieru

Don't worry, US is easy. Chinese models are more difficult. 4.0.2 is N, BTW. This works on N (granted my US model was on M first but works on it on N as well. Did you fail at any steps in the guide? Or simply saw no changes once completed?

Reactions: gesuto98

moti2408

Jun 21, 2016
Don't worry, US is easy. Chinese models are more difficult. 4.0.2 is N, BTW. This works on N (granted my US model was on M first but works on it on N as well. Did you fail at any steps in the guide? Or simply saw no changes once completed?

I managed to finish all the steps and i can see band 3 in guru but there is no signal in erea that have 4g

snowwolf725

Mar 23, 2010
Taipei
Sorry, are you saying that it's possible to unlock CA and make the 3010 3T work with BE+B7 CA? My carrier supports both, as well as 4G+ on 3+7 combined; my 3010 supports 3 & 7 but not 3+7. Would it be possible to unlock the CA for 3+7? I'm on OB6/15. TIA!

Yes, you can.
I upload a video to prove it.

In order to simplify the procedures of unlocking LTE bands/CA, I also create an assistant app.
You can use it to patch rmt_storage and enable Qualcomm diagnostics mode.
In addition you don't need care about your android version.
It works well on all released android version, because it can patch rmt_storage dynamically,
If you got some trouble on applying rmt_storage patch, you can easily restore to stock version of rmt_storage.

qhsusb_bulk

Oct 29, 2014
I managed to finish all the steps and i can see band 3 in guru but there is no signal in erea that have 4g

Same here. I have tried with old EU qcn, old CN qcn, new EU with fbrx, new CN with fbrx. Still no luck. NSG shows new bands, but only US bands works.

In my country, 1,3,7,8,20 bands are usable. I can only use 7, which is already present on US model.

Last edited:
Reactions: moti2408

thomas999

Nov 18, 2013
To unlock LTE CA is easier than unlock bands on OnePlus 3/3T.
If you only need B3+B7, you can flash Unlock_LTE_CA_B3B7B8.qcn via QPST.
This qcn file will enable B3+B7, B3+B8, B7+B8 on your OnePlus 3/3T.

1. Backup your EFS and modem in TWRP
2. Enable Qualcomm diagnostic mode
3. Enable airplane mode
4. Using QPST to backup your QCN file
5. Flash rmt storage patch for 4.1.x
6. Using QPST to flash Unlock_LTE_CA_B3B7B8.qcn
7. Disable airplane mode
8. Run Network Signal Guru, choose "Clear Forcing" from the menu on upper right

Is there another way to backup EFS and modem ?
I don't have TWRP installed and I don't want to unlock my bootloader or root to do that if possible.

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Is there another way to backup EFS and modem ?
I don't have TWRP installed and I don't want to unlock my bootloader or root to do that if possible.

How you gonna enable diag without root ?

And how you gonna patch the rmt ?

This mod need root to begin with

Or do you happen to only need to backup your modem and efs ?

If thas the case, i think adb n fastboot still can help you

weeka89

Apr 15, 2012
Cairo
Yes, you can.

In order to simplify the procedures of unlocking LTE bands/CA, I also create an assistant app.
It works well on all released android version, because it can patch rmt_storage dynamically,
If you got some trouble on applying rmt_storage patch, you can easily restore to stock version of rmt_storage.
Where can I find the assistant app :) appreciate ur hard work man

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

thomas999

Nov 18, 2013
How you gonna enable diag without root ?

And how you gonna patch the rmt ?

This mod need root to begin with

Or do you happen to only need to backup your modem and efs ?

If thas the case, i think adb n fastboot still can help you

I need to do this for the LTE CA.
Can I unroot after that ?

Looks like it will take more time than I thought cos my bootloader is locked and unlocking it will wipe all my data.

After this is done, if I flash a new update over, the LTE CA will be gone?

Scorpion70

Feb 28, 2016
Yes, you can.

Share the assistant app please;):good:

snowwolf725

Mar 23, 2010
Taipei

Attachments

• UnlockOP3T_LTE.apk
    1 MB · Views: 1,827

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE][PARTIAL] Unlock Additional LTE bands on Chinese & US variants of OnePlus 3

[GUIDE] [How To] Unlock Additional LTE bands on Chinese & US variants of OnePlus 3 (Band 5 confirmed WORK)

UPDATE 9 : Please use this static nvbk patch for oreo instead, it give more stable results. Credit to : @qhsusb_bulk

UPDATE 8 : : PATCH for OREO is now available https://yadi.sk/d/bQhvMaY23REaXZ]here - credit to BlackzAfiqz

UPDATE 7 :

i gonna try to clean up this thread a bit and give a better instruction, since there are lot of changes since the initial post was created - all previous method and steps now moved to second post

So basically with latest situation, there r few steps you can try to unlock your band.

but before doing so, please READ few sidenotes/conclusion that we manage to gather so far :
    1. This step was MADE for and TESTED on MARSHMALLOW, and MARSHMALLOW ONLY
    2. The Rmt Storage Patch will still working up to an official N ROM version of 4.0.3
    3. This step/trick WONT WORK on OB12 or 4.1.0 - doing so will result in UNUSABLE RADIO or BOOTLOOP - Updated, PATCH for 4.1.x is NOW AVAILABLE in courtesy of @SnowWolf75
    4. We only able to (partially) unlock bands THAT ARE AVAILABLE in one or another OP3/OP3T models. If the band is NEVER APPEAR on any of the available models, then currently it's NOT DOABLE. Example : Band 13 is nowhere to be found on any model of OP3, so there will be no support for B13, since there's not enough resources to do so
    5. Up to today, there are some SUCCESS STORIES while using the method. Some of them are :
    Myself, & @baskaflyfer of course - CN MODEL - B5 B8 UNLOCKED - B3+B7 CA UNLOCKED

@allluke - US MODEL - B3 UNLOCKED post #640
    B3 working IMEI intact. Thank you so much

@dapsyra - US MODEL - B3 UNLOCKED post #558
    After following the guide, I was able to unlock band 3 in my US model OnePlus3 A3000. See attached images
    I did all the steps. My IMEI is intact.
    It takes some time for the signal to show up in Network Guru, so be patient.
    In Network Guru->Band Locking->LTE, uncheck all the other LTE bands leaving only band 3 checked
    Then go to RAT Locking and select LTE. Wait for the signal to show up.
    If Network Guru goes to WCDMA, repeat last step.

@band3pls - US MODEL - B3 UNLOCKED post #846
    I can confirm my LTE band 3 is working after flashing the new QCN, BUT after flashing the QCN you must reboot and then open QXDM and write 225 to NV item 1878, or else it won't work.

Here are my steps:

First I flashed this: (other/older QCN files posted by @otonieru will probably work too)
    https://yadi.sk/d/dKAKorWd3FGTXB

Then I rebooted, and flashed this: (Baskaflyfer's QCN)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R...ew?usp=sharing

Then I rebooted again, and flashed this: (Baskflyfer's fbrx file)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R...ew?usp=sharing

Then I rebooted, wrote 225 in NV item 1878 in QXDM, and finally got LTE signal on band 3 working here in Pakistan on my A3000US.

@kaiserreich - US MODEL - B3 UNLOCKED post #921
    I managed to get it to work.
    Now I have EU bands on my A3000CN

1. flash rmt_storage via twrp. (first page)
    2. restore europe qcn. (first page)
    3.restore A3003_eu from post #334 (third step)
    4.run qxdm -> nv browser -> find id 1878 and change it to 237 (write).
    5.reboot your phone.

Thanks

So here's what you gonna need :

1. Qualcomm USB DIAG Driver - Find it from post#2
    2. QPST & QXDM - sorry but i can't redistribute it here, please look for it yourself
    3. Main QCN for base, here : https://yadi.sk/d/E0y_4Ka63GNUdt
    4. Extra QCN for fbrx_cal :
    5. Rmt Storage Patch - find it from post #2 - For OOS 4.1.x download it from Here
    6. Network Signal Guru App from PlayStore

Additional file for OP3T users :
    1. OP3T EU QCN - Here
    2. OP3T fbrx - Here

Now do the PRE-STEP,
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Flash the RMT Storage Patch according to your OS version, 4.1.x use Snowwolf version, bellow that, use Baskaflyfer version

Next, step is :

1. Opening DIAG - Assuming you got your phone rooted, run this command from ADB
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
    2. Now your devices wil either detected as unknown device (or Qualcomm Diag Port/USB Modem if you already have the diag driver) on Device Manager
    3. Install the driver from requirement list number one, and you will have "HTC USB Modem" listed in your device manager (skip this step, if you already have your own qualcomm usb diag driver installed)-(remember to disable signature enforcement if you use WIN8/10)
    4. Now fire up QPST and go to "Port" tab, and choose "Add New Port" ,
    5. On "Serial/USB Port" tab, unchecked the option of "Show Serial & USB...bl bla bla" option, you will see your phone listed there as a "COM#" (# is a number depending on your PC) choose it, and click "OK"
    6. Now choose "Start Clients" from the Menu tab above, and choose "Software Download"
    7. Airplane Mode your Phone
    8. Choose "Restore" Tab, and click browse for QCN file, and look for the QCN you have downloaded from requirement list Number 3 (if you need B3 on your US, use CN QCN, if you need B5 or B8 on your CN Model, use EU QCN. US QCN is still experimental)
    9. Check "Allow phone/ESN mismatch"
    10. Click "Start" and wait for the process to complete
    11. After complete, wait 30 Seconds (for curing time), close QPST and reboot your phone
    12. Once it fully boot, open back your CMD and re-run command from step number 1 to re-open your DIAG port
    13. Use the "Software Download" function again, and restore the supporting QCN from requirement list Number 4 (choose one according to your needs)
    14. Click "Start" and wait for the process to complete
    15. After complete, wait 30 Seconds (for curing time), and reboot your phone
    16. Once it fully boot, open back your CMD and re-run command from step number 1 to re-open your DIAG port, and make sure it detected on QPST
    17. Now Open your "QXDM", choose options tab - "Communications", and choose the port according to your DIAG Port, and hit OK
    18. Now choose "View" - "New" - "Common" - "NV Browser"
    19. Go to NV ID 1878, and click "Read"
    20. According to your needs, change the value. (If you need B3, B5, B8 on CN Model, use 237. If you need B3 on US Model, use 231 or 225)
    21. Click "Write"
    22. After complete, wait 30 Seconds (for curing time), close QXDM and reboot your phone
    23. Run Network Signal Guru, choose "Clear Forcing" from the Tri-dot menu on top right
    23. Continue with choosing "Band Locking" and choose only your new unlocked LTE Band. Hit OK, if warning about powercycle appear, just hit OK as well
    24. Wait for a while until your phone picking up signal. To make it faster, you might want to lock your network mode to LTE ONLY through *#*#4636#*#* or through Network Signal Guru

That's it, if everything is well, you should have your new LTE BAND working now.
    Hi everybody. It's all for testing.
    I'm sorry it took so long. I was a little busy.
    1. Here are archives which include separate QCNs for each LTE Bands from those versions of the phones:
    A3000_cn
    A3000_us
    A3003_eu
    A3010_cn_3T
    2. Use QXDM and NV Calculator for unlocking LTE Bands, if it needed.
    3. Here are archives which include one QCN with frbx_cal for the seven working modes with values from those versions of the phones:
    A3000_cn
    A3000_us
    A3003_eu
    A3010_cn_3T
    4. The most important thing that you need to do is to change the value in id1878, it's hardware config, in QXDM.
    I know 7 working modes:
    225 - ???
    226 - A3003eu
    228 - ???
    229 - ???
    231 - A3000cn
    232 - A3000us
    237 - A3010cn
    5. It's patched_rmt_storage, tested on A3000cn OOS 4.0.1
    I know that it will work on A3010cn_3T Marshmallow, but, just in case, copy rmt_storage from the phone on the PC (path: root/system/bin)
    and if you will have a problem after flashing patched_rmt_storage via TWRP, just replace your rmt_storage in archive, don't extract, only replace!!! And flash it again via TWRP.

Anybody can share the backup QCN from 3T_eu and 3T_us, please in PM???

And about B20 i still didn't test nothing. I have almost no free time:(
    And sorry for English
    Share the assistant app please;):good:

Sorry I forgot to attach the apk in previous post.
    It require root permission to patch system file.
    Use it at your own risk.
    Besides, you can download the source code from Github, and compile it by yourself.
    https://github.com/snowwolf725/Unlock-LTE-Bands-App
    I have china model(a3010). in my country combination of b3 & b7 works for LTE CA(4G+), therefore i should only combine them and i don't need unlock any bands.
    I hope there is an easier method for this(?) :D

To unlock LTE CA is easier than unlock bands on OnePlus 3/3T.
    If you only need B3+B7, you can flash Unlock_LTE_CA_B3B7B8.qcn via QPST.
    This qcn file will enable B3+B7, B3+B8, B7+B8 on your OnePlus 3/3T.

1. Backup your EFS and modem in TWRP
    2. Enable Qualcomm diagnostic mode
    3. Enable airplane mode
    4. Using QPST to backup your QCN file
    5. Flash rmt storage patch for 4.1.x
    6. Using QPST to flash Unlock_LTE_CA_B3B7B8.qcn
    7. Disable airplane mode
    8. Run Network Signal Guru, choose "Clear Forcing" from the menu on upper right
    Happy New Year
    yahoo.gif
    party.gif
    yahoo.gif

Smile and be happy!!!
    good_luck.gif
    drinks.gif

Hello from Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    russian.gif
    russian_garmoshka.gif