Thanks Meter: 1,970

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 18th June 2014, 06:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th May 2017, 12:53 AM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y314K

You just flash it the same way as if you where upgrading. Just make sure you use the v5.0.5r2 ROM. RBox created that ROM (r2) to include the latest TWRP version-7. So no TWRP downgrading is required. All you do is flash that one PreRooted ROM.

Can I ask why this guide has no mention of trwp and is a lot of commands......aftvnews.com/how-to-manually-upgrade-or-downgrade-the-amazon-fire-tv/

13th May 2017, 01:00 AM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 322

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxfan227

Can I ask why this guide has no mention of trwp and is a lot of commands......aftvnews.com/how-to-manually-upgrade-or-downgrade-the-amazon-fire-tv/

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-manua...mazon-fire-tv/

That guide is from 2014 & is for the first rooted devices. A lot has change since then. Like Root Methods, eFuses, CWM, TWRP, FireOS 5, etc. Everything in that guide has been obsolete since 10/10/2014. It only applied to Rooted devices for a very short time.
13th May 2017, 01:18 AM |#323  

More
Quote:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-manua...mazon-fire-tv/

That guide is from 2014 & is for the first rooted devices. A lot has change since then. Like Root Methods, eFuses, CWM, TWRP, FireOS 5, etc. Everything in that guide has been obsolete since 10/10/2014. It only applied to Rooted devices for a very short time.

Ok awesome...so if I reflash with older firmware...the rbox mods should work. Do I need to reinstall all my apps etc?
13th May 2017, 01:26 AM |#324  

More
Quote:

Ok awesome...so if I reflash with older firmware...the rbox mods should work. Do I need to reinstall all my apps etc?

As long as you don't wipe more then Dalvik cache & cache. You should keep your setup mostly intact. You might have to reinstall the XPosed Framework (Not the app but Framework). Since that is installed to the System. And any flashing of a ROM will change the System. Just use TWRP to reinstall the XPosed Framework if needed.
13th May 2017, 04:51 AM |#325  

More
Quote:

As long as you don't wipe more then Dalvik cache & cache. You should keep your setup mostly intact. You might have to reinstall the XPosed Framework (Not the app but Framework). Since that is installed to the System. And any flashing of a ROM will change the System. Just use TWRP to reinstall the XPosed Framework if needed.

Thank you was successful in downgrading and getting rbox mods running .
13th May 2017, 05:34 AM |#326  

More
Quote:

Thank you was successful in downgrading and getting rbox mods running .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)