Thanks Meter: 2,062

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 18th June 2014, 06:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th May 2017, 12:53 AM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y314K

You just flash it the same way as if you where upgrading. Just make sure you use the v5.0.5r2 ROM. RBox created that ROM (r2) to include the latest TWRP version-7. So no TWRP downgrading is required. All you do is flash that one PreRooted ROM.

Can I ask why this guide has no mention of trwp and is a lot of commands......aftvnews.com/how-to-manually-upgrade-or-downgrade-the-amazon-fire-tv/

13th May 2017, 01:00 AM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxfan227

Can I ask why this guide has no mention of trwp and is a lot of commands......aftvnews.com/how-to-manually-upgrade-or-downgrade-the-amazon-fire-tv/

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-manua...mazon-fire-tv/

That guide is from 2014 & is for the first rooted devices. A lot has change since then. Like Root Methods, eFuses, CWM, TWRP, FireOS 5, etc. Everything in that guide has been obsolete since 10/10/2014. It only applied to Rooted devices for a very short time.
13th May 2017, 01:18 AM |#323  

More
Quote:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-manua...mazon-fire-tv/

That guide is from 2014 & is for the first rooted devices. A lot has change since then. Like Root Methods, eFuses, CWM, TWRP, FireOS 5, etc. Everything in that guide has been obsolete since 10/10/2014. It only applied to Rooted devices for a very short time.

Ok awesome...so if I reflash with older firmware...the rbox mods should work. Do I need to reinstall all my apps etc?
13th May 2017, 01:26 AM |#324  

More
Quote:

Ok awesome...so if I reflash with older firmware...the rbox mods should work. Do I need to reinstall all my apps etc?

As long as you don't wipe more then Dalvik cache & cache. You should keep your setup mostly intact. You might have to reinstall the XPosed Framework (Not the app but Framework). Since that is installed to the System. And any flashing of a ROM will change the System. Just use TWRP to reinstall the XPosed Framework if needed.
13th May 2017, 04:51 AM |#325  

More
Quote:

As long as you don't wipe more then Dalvik cache & cache. You should keep your setup mostly intact. You might have to reinstall the XPosed Framework (Not the app but Framework). Since that is installed to the System. And any flashing of a ROM will change the System. Just use TWRP to reinstall the XPosed Framework if needed.

Thank you was successful in downgrading and getting rbox mods running .
13th May 2017, 05:34 AM |#326  

More
Quote:

Thank you was successful in downgrading and getting rbox mods running .

29th May 2017, 07:26 PM |#327  

More
Quote:

Don't click on the cloud icon. You are already on the latest XPosed. Until this module is updated to work on the latest PreRooted ROM. Your only FTV1 solution is to downgrade to v5.0.5r2.

Any idea whether or if this module will eventually be updated to allow kodi to launch again? I much prefer kodi as my launcher.
29th May 2017, 07:34 PM |#328  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttttubby

Any idea whether or if this module will eventually be updated to allow kodi to launch again? I much prefer kodi as my launcher.

No idea. RBox hasn't hinted if he has started working on it.

For now this is your best bet: http://www.aftvnews.com/new-amazon-f...cally-on-boot/
5th June 2017, 07:58 PM |#329  
in the keybindings file, what would one put in it to relocate the voice search button to google voice search instead.
i have got leanback working on 5.2.4.1 and i can get google apps to pick up the voice when i hold the voice search button in if it is already looking for voice. but pressing the button dont bring anything up.. just lets it pick up voice. i did this by
Code:
 pm disable com.amazon.vizzini
what would be nice tho is if i was able to press the button and it would bring up the voice search

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

in the keybindings file, what would one put in it to relocate the voice search button to google voice search instead.
i have got leanback working on 5.2.4.1 and i can get google apps to pick up the voice when i hold the voice search button in if it is already looking for voice. but pressing the button dont bring anything up.. just lets it pick up voice. i did this by
Code:
what would be nice tho is if i was able to press the button and it would bring up the voice search

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Code:
4th July 2017, 10:12 PM |#330  

More
We all know @rbox is a busy guy. And he gives so much time & energy to the community. So don't forget to donate as a thanks for all his hard work for us.

Anybody waiting for this XPosed module to get updated. As of right now. It would probably be doubling RBox work for no reason. There is now an XPosed module that seems to do 90% of everything this module did. And since it's not just for FTV devices but for phones & tablets. It seems if should be kept up to date for a long while. It should even support FireOS 3. Of course you guys will have to test it out to see what it might be missing. But from my quick view. The only thing it is/might be missing is the "HideLauncherAds: Hide the ad at the top of the Home screen" . So anybody waiting for this mod. You should check it out. And please post your experience & what settings worked best for you.

Heard about XPosed Edge Pro from the Playing with Fire Mod. But finally took a look at it today. And it sure is feature packed. It does have a Backup/import option so maybe we can share our setups for specific mod options.

I would request @rbox to take a look at this XPosed mod & let us know what he thinks. And maybe even reach out to it's developer to give him some feedback on how he can improve things for FTV devices. Maybe a FTV mode where it gets rid of stuff like gestures or PIE since our devices are not touch screen devices. We would need a mouse to use those features.
The Following User Says Thank You to Y314K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y314K Ad-Free
29th July 2017, 08:30 PM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have a Fire stick on rbox's 5.2.1.1 r1 and am just about to update to the latest 5.2.4.1_r2. My question is does this work with that latest version? I'm very green when it comes to all this and have never installed xposed in my life so if anyone's feeling generous a brief guide would be great!

Yeah I updated to 5.2.4.1_r2 prerooted ROM and this module is incompatible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)