FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

View Poll Results: What would you like best on your HTC HD2 ?

Windows Phone 7

206 Vote(s)
15.20%
GNU/Linux and Android

1,083 Vote(s)
79.93%
I'm happy with the shipped HD2 operating system

66 Vote(s)
4.87%

[Discussion]Linux and Android on the HD2 *READ POST3 BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

707 posts
Thanks Meter: 259

By dcordes, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 24th March 2010, 03:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2010, 08:59 PM |#4291  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thought I had managed to replicate it there, but seems not.

17th July 2010, 09:02 PM |#4292  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the maliks

i think Froyo dan's build works better for me. Everything is working other then the under water kinda phone calls.

Thanks for replying! And when you say everything, does that include the camera? Because it isn't working for me in cort's eclair build.
17th July 2010, 09:23 PM |#4293  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
yes camera too. sleep mode, i haven't tried video yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the maliks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the maliks Ad-Free
17th July 2010, 09:24 PM |#4294  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 30

More
just donated :P and ill do it again once we get a stable one

cmon ppl do the same and motivate devs :P
17th July 2010, 09:28 PM |#4295  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Sorry sorry!!

Question, If I want to try the Desire rom, do I put it on the root of the sd or some other folder?
17th July 2010, 09:33 PM |#4296  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Flag Marlton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 889

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by photon01

this isnt just for you, but i have seen this come up too much

DAN'S BUILD CAN ALSO BE RUN FROM THE ROOT OF THE SD CARD

Dan's init file calls for the rootfs in "Android" folder. That's what I see when haret run's it anyhow. If you change init file, to direct it to the root, then it should work.
17th July 2010, 09:39 PM |#4297  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,054

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2

Sorry sorry!!

Question, If I want to try the Desire rom, do I put it on the root of the sd or some other folder?

The desire version and cotulas version, the files need to go in the root of the sd card.

The froyo version, the files need to go in the folder "Android" in the root of the sd card.

Mark.
17th July 2010, 09:47 PM |#4298  

More
Unlocked video potential...?
You know, I was just wondering something as I was watching a video in Android on my HD2. As is pretty common knowledge by now, HTC screwed up the drivers for the QSD in the HD2 in their usual fashion thus resulting in much worse multimedia performance than what is actually possible for the chipset. Plenty of devices with the QSD chipset are capable of watching 720p video; WM and Android devices include the LG Expo, Acer Neotouch, HTC Evo 4G, Google Nexus One, etc. So I was just wondering, once Android is of course a completed project, would it be realistic to expect our HD2's to be able to play 720p video? This question is more for the dev's or anyone with a more intimate knowledge of Android drivers and Haret.
17th July 2010, 09:48 PM |#4299  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

The desire version and cotulas version, the files need to go in the root of the sd card.

The froyo version, the files need to go in the folder "Android" in the root of the sd card.

Mark.

hey mark this new build looks like it can be used as a day to day phone is that true or not?
17th July 2010, 10:03 PM |#4300  

More
Thumbs up Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa144st

hey mark this new build looks like it can be used as a day to day phone is that true or not?

Haha congrats on becoming a senior member of XDA!
17th July 2010, 10:04 PM |#4301  
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11calcal

Brightness works if you add led effects (small) disable auto turn brightness up & exit go back in and lower brightness & exit then go back in once more and turn it up and select auto exit and reboot. full brightness now back to normal charging properly and camera is working plus stays normal temp, I'm just having proba with browser workin when it wants, but getting better. Let me know if that works
btw only works so far on SDIN_BAT build

Works for me! Now I have Froyo build with new Cotula zImage, charging and with bright display Good progress today, now testing....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, connection, development, hd2, hd2 android, htc android, kernel, linux, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)