FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fastboot flash failed: error too many links

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Xeroproject, Junior Member on 3rd February 2009, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2014, 06:17 PM |#41  
I flashed the stock recovery and when I flashed it(fastboot rebootRUU abd the fastboot flash firmware.zip(I had my european rom 989 mb renamed) it said sending zip and then parsing rom and then FAILED too many links. What should I do?
The Following User Says Thank You to Faisal0000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faisal0000 Ad-Free

18th October 2015, 11:18 AM |#42  
Flag Bucuresti

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroproject

Thanks for all the help guys, unfortunately I wasn't able to get things going and eventually decided to just start from square one and reload everything I could remember. Who knows what data I've lost, but I was definately losing more by not picking up & moving on.

If anybody gets a better handle on what the "too many links" error is caused by or actually means, I'd love to know if I face this again later down the road when trying to backup using fastboot.

After many hours of trying, with diffrent cables and computers, i disabled the network connections and worked perfectly.
17th May 2017, 08:24 PM |#43  

More
Solution
Hi everyone.
first time rooting a phone... (sony Xperia Z5 Compact)
anyways.. i had the same problem.. was stuck for 30 minutes!!
The way i solved the issue was to unlock the bootloader. after that it worked perfectly.
no need to change cable or try different port.
You can unlock bootloader developer . sonymobile . com / unlockbootloader / unlock-yourboot-loader (am not allowed to post links.. sorry). at the bottom, select your device and click continue.
then just register and check your mail. then'll you'll be given instructions on how to unlock bootloader.

hope this works for you guys, because it did for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, fastboot, nandroid, too many links

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)