[GUIDE][OSPREY] Pass SafetyNet on Custom Roms

Search This thread

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
many ways to guide, many ways to heal
EDIT: ignore this - see post 51 for an easier MORE EFFECTIVE approach!

----------------------------------

Before you try this do a current nandroid backup in TWRP. I hosed my ROM many times in trying to get it to work right.

The purpose of this is to add your fingerprint mod to /system/build.prop by flashing the below zip.

The zip you will flash in TWRP can be found at post #153 in
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2664332&page=16
5._MOD_build_prop.zip
Grab it!!!

Your mod is in tweak.prop
Create it as tweak.txt and then after you have edited it, rename it to tweak.prop
It's contents will look like
Code:
BACKUP=n

ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus_2gb/osprey_u2:6.0/MPI24.65-25/28:user/release-keys
Assure that there is an EXTRA carriage return(enter) after BACKUP=n, and again after your fingerprint mod.
Replace the fingerprint I used above with your own.(if you wish)
Be wary of typos as you will have to restore your nandroid and start over.
I actually put a copy of this on both Internal Storage, and the SDcard.

reference post #182 at https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=72342981#post72342981

It puts the mod at the end of /system/build.prop

Soooooooo - when you're all set up, just boot to TWRP and flash the above zip and hopefully you have done everything correctly.

I have attached my tweak.txt - don't forget to rename it to tweak.prop or the flash will crash and you'll have to restore the nandroid.

-

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-18-21-30-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-18-21-30-34.png
    172 KB · Views: 279
  • tweak.txt
    105 bytes · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: coolguy_16

coolguy_16

Dec 4, 2014
I have attached my tweak.txt - don't forget to rename it to tweak.prop or the flash will crash and you'll have to restore the nandroid.
I have updated OP with link to your method.

And..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iponyradio.integritytest
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iponyradio.uncertifiedtest
These apps show "Not compatible" if device is uncertfied or doesnt pass safetynet. They are only for testing,nothing else.
They implement the new Developer console tools provided by google for checking device status.
I checked it on my other rooted phone and it did show up as not compatible on playstore.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisM22

Subinsmani

Nov 18, 2016
Delhi, Trivandrum
I have updated OP with link to your method.

And..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iponyradio.integritytest
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iponyradio.uncertifiedtest
These apps show "Not compatible" if device is uncertfied or doesnt pass safetynet. They are only for testing,nothing else.
They implement the new Developer console tools provided by google for checking device status.
I checked it on my other rooted phone and it did show up as not compatible on playstore.

He he he what a joke, i tested the above above app on unrooted device and i didn't enter fingerprint on my build.prop....
Joke is that this two app compatible with my safetynet failed device... :p
but still why SBI Pay is not working dont know. for this app i need to go Stock android every month.
I have check this app on magisk module also. on that app is not showing any error message by app is not opening it stuck on welcome screen.

coolguy_16

Dec 4, 2014
He he he what a joke, i tested the above above app on unrooted device and i didn't enter fingerprint on my build.prop....
but still why SBI Pay is not working dont know. for this app i need to go Stock android every month.
I have check this app on magisk module also. on that app is not showing any error message by app is not opening it stuck on welcome screen.

Well until now people have had mixed results.
Many people on reddit had failures even though their device was completely stock and unmodified. Some people (like you) still were able to install these apps even though their device showed "Uncertified".
In my personal tests too one device failed and other device passed. My friend too wasnt able to install these apps on his modified device.

And about SBI pay.. See the screenshots i'm attaching. Second Screenshot is after enabling Magisk hide specifically for the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170515-203753.jpg
    Screenshot_20170515-203753.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_20170515-203856.jpg
    Screenshot_20170515-203856.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20170521-105955.png
    Screenshot_20170521-105955.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Subinsmani

Nov 18, 2016
Delhi, Trivandrum
Well until now people have had mixed results.
Many people on reddit had failures even though their device was completely stock and unmodified. Some people (like you) still were able to install these apps even though their device showed "Uncertified".
In my personal tests too one device failed and other device passed. My friend too wasnt able to install these apps on his modified device.

And about SBI pay.. See the screenshots i'm attaching. Second Screenshot is after enabling Magisk hide specifically for the app.

OOps for me it didn't go to next screen :p.I have install magisk module 4 days ago and m not sure on what screen it stuck. but it not proceeding....
SBI Service + app is very very crappy.. :p

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010

Is SBI pay checked in Magisk Mgr / settings / Magisk Hide ?

lettucecube

Mar 17, 2017
Mexico City
Module for Magisk

Well, this is a module I did, it solves problems with build.Prop as well as problems with system integrity and Play Store certification

• Only have installed Magisk in latest version
  • Not having supersu installed (Just have installed MagiskSu)

- How to -
  1. Flash from TWRP or from "Magisk Manager app > Modules > (+)"
  2. Reboot

NOTE: If you have got SuperSU or Xposed, you will get CTS profile mismatch, so uninstall them & reflash Magisk to get MagiskSU

After installing the module can takes some time to appear as certificate in the Google Play Store
If it still does not work delete all data from "google play store" and "google play services"

Magisk credit @topjohnwu

Attachments

• sketch-1495399786170.png
    sketch-1495399786170.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 629
  • Screenshot_20170521-154641.png
    Screenshot_20170521-154641.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 592
  • Screenshot_20170521-154730.png
    Screenshot_20170521-154730.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 618
  • Screenshot_20170521-154725.png
    Screenshot_20170521-154725.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 598
  • SafetyMotoG2015.zip
    7 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
Well, this is a module I did, it solves problems with build.Prop as well as problems with system integrity and Play Store certification

- How to -
  2. Reboot

NOTE: If you have got SuperSU or Xposed, you will get CTS profile mismatch, so uninstall them & reflash Magisk to get MagiskSU

After installing the module can takes some time to appear as certificate in the Google Play Store
If it still does not work delete all data from "google play store" and "google play services"

SUPURB WORK!

Did clean flash incl system, flash ROM and gapps and boot to let it install to desktop.
Playstore installed Magisk, d/l magisk zip, boot to TWRP and flash it,
While still in TWRP flash SafetyMotoG2015.zip from above
reboot
Set Magisk/3 bars/settings/Magisk Hide ON.
Unless I'm forgetting something, PokemonGo worked fine but I had to wait a bit for Play Store to show Netflix. Don't know how long as I restored to old system, used it, then restored back to test and it was there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subinsmani

coolguy_16

Dec 4, 2014

- How to -
  2. Reboot

Wow man.. Thanks for creating this Magisk module. I'll add the link to OP.

For those interested, this module just sets the fingerprint value to
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus/osprey_umts:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/1:user/release-keys

You can change this value by opening the system.prop file located in "common" folder of the Magisk module zip. Open it in any text editor and change the value to whatever you need.

Edit- Attached the same module with modified value for XT1550(2GB).Tested and works.

Attachments

• SafetyMotoG2015.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010

ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus/osprey_umts:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/1:user/release-keys

You can change this value by opening the system.prop file located in "common" folder of the Magisk module zip. Open it in any text editor and change the value to whatever you need.
Edit- Attached the same module with modified value for XT1550(2GB).Tested and works.

Interesting - this does not change /system/build.prop . Seems very nice!!!

Reactions: Subinsmani

Subinsmani

Nov 18, 2016
Delhi, Trivandrum
Sounds really great... How to completely remove Superuser from prerooted roms like CrDroid?

Thanks
told ur dev to remove superusser from ur rom and ship with magisk...
let see what his response..
because once u remove it manually but on every update u need to do this.. so it is good to get magisk su insted of supperuser

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    After seeing this Magisk module https://github.com/DeicPro/xiaomi-safetynet-fix
    I began to experiment to make SafetyNet pass on Osprey.
    And finally I was able to do just that.

DO REMEMBER THAT THIS REQUIRES MAGISK WITH MAGISK HIDE ENABLED. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH SUPERSU.
    IF YOU ALREADY HAD SuperSU, CLEAN FLASH THE ROM AND THEN FLASH MAGISK ZIP.

Steps-

NOTE: SINCE GOOGLE HAS UPDATED SAFETYNET, THE BELOW METHOD NOW REQUIRES MAGISK v14.0+-
    1. Open the build.prop file located in /system. [REQUIRES ROOT]
    2. Add this line to the build.prop file-
      For XT1550(Retail Asia | India (2GB))-
      ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retasia_ds_2gb/osprey_ud2:6.0.1/MPIS24.107-55-2-12/14:user/release-keys
      For XT1543(Retail Latin America (1GB)) -
      ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retla_ds/osprey_uds:6.0.1/MPI24.107-55-2/2:user/release-keys
      For XT1540(Retail US (2GB)) -
      ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus_2gb/osprey_u2:6.0/MPI24.65-25/28:user/release-keys
      For XT1540(Retail US (1GB))-
    3. Save and Exit.
    4. Make sure you have enabled Magisk Hide in Magisk setings.
    5. Reboot.

NEW! Magisk module is available here.

~Please read the Note section below~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE-
    1. The fingerprint values need to be exactly the same. Any small change will trigger safetynet.

2. You can use any fingerprint value for your device. It's not necessary for you to take value specific to your device. As long as the fingerprint is valid, it will work.

3. This same trick should also work on Merlin devices.

4. Read this too please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to -
    @Rohi09 for providing stock ROM XT1550 build.prop
    @Deic for his magisk module which inspired me to do this.
    @KrisM22 for providing XT1540(2 GB) values.
    @xMotoDA for providing XT1543 values.
    @lettucecube for providing XT1540(1 GB) values and creating the Magisk module.
    Module for Magisk

- How to -
    2. Reboot

Magisk credit @topjohnwu

- How to -
    2. Reboot

I've created a new module which now works with Magisk 13.3.
    Remember this requires Magisk 13.3.

Btw, the older method of manually placing fingerprint value in build.prop file should work just fine with Magisk v13.3.
    And OP updated.
    Module

Well, this is the @Deic module modification, With modified fingerprint for motorola g (motorola/osprey_retus...), solve problems with build.Prop as well as problems with system integrity and Play Store Certification
    Also has a modification to be able to watch videos in 1080p, 1440p(2K) and 4K in compatible devices

• Working Magisk v12/13 Beta

- How to -
    • Flash from TWRP or from "Magisk Manager app > Modules > (+)
    • Reboot

NOTE: Does not work with Xposed or SuperSu, do not try

CREDITS: Creator of magisk @topjohnwu
    Creator of module: @Deic
    Unlock the maximum resolution on youtube. Based on XDA article.
    thanks