FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlock S5 From Sprint To Tmobile?

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By darknatas, Member on 30th April 2014, 12:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2017, 10:42 PM |#51  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdoofus

www.idoneaps.com ftw. Its not the cheapest, but its guaranteed and permament. Even if you relock it, the app they made will re-unlock it

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

youd honestly be surprised at how awesome their service is @Nodial is the man in their forums too


Alright, so I finally broke done and went with idoneapps. Great service and worked very quickly. Now I'm on to the next step. Ive figured out I probably wont get LTE (although that would be great) I'm just trying to figure out how to get the fastest that I can get for now. Any ideas? Right now I'm getting crap on a speed test like 0.28 Mbps or somewhere around that.
 
 
17th April 2017, 01:48 PM |#52  
youdoofus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeds

Alright, so I finally broke done and went with idoneapps. Great service and worked very quickly. Now I'm on to the next step. Ive figured out I probably wont get LTE (although that would be great) I'm just trying to figure out how to get the fastest that I can get for now. Any ideas? Right now I'm getting crap on a speed test like 0.28 Mbps or somewhere around that.

did you set the apns correctly?
18th April 2017, 01:59 AM |#53  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdoofus

did you set the apns correctly?

Yes I have the APN correctly. It seems that I am only connecting to the H and not H+. Just wondering if there is anything else that I need to set in order to connect to H+. I figured it would be automatic. I really don't feel like trying out add all the LTE bands, it doesn't seem to work for most, and id probably get ahead of myself and really screw something up. Why cant they just make this crap easy? I cant believe nobody has an app to rest the LTE bands and all that to flash over to another carrier. If only I knew how to do it, and make an app I would hook people up.
18th April 2017, 06:20 PM |#54  
youdoofus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeds

Yes I have the APN correctly. It seems that I am only connecting to the H and not H+. Just wondering if there is anything else that I need to set in order to connect to H+. I figured it would be automatic. I really don't feel like trying out add all the LTE bands, it doesn't seem to work for most, and id probably get ahead of myself and really screw something up. Why cant they just make this crap easy? I cant believe nobody has an app to rest the LTE bands and all that to flash over to another carrier. If only I knew how to do it, and make an app I would hook people up.

are you on at&t or tmob? and in either case, it could be just that whichever one youre on is just that bad wherever you are. Id just switch to the other one. I use H2O wire less (an AT&T MVNO) and its wonderful where i live, but tmob is garbage in the same area
19th April 2017, 05:14 PM |#55  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdoofus

are you on at&t or tmob? and in either case, it could be just that whichever one youre on is just that bad wherever you are. Id just switch to the other one. I use H2O wire less (an AT&T MVNO) and its wonderful where i live, but tmob is garbage in the same area

Tmobile. I think the main problem was that I was trying to run Lineage 14.1 or which ever. Switched back to stock rooted and seems to be better. Also strongly depends on where I am. I've gotten up to 4mbps. Which is still faster than I've ever gotten with sprint. Guess this is the price I'll have to pay to wait for the note 8. I do have an S8 that should be here today. Can't wait to try that one out.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
30th April 2017, 02:31 PM |#56  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
So has anyone been able to pull this off correctly:

1. Get SM-G900P working at full speed on Tmo
2. After said idoneapps or something of the like, is running bare bones aosp ROMS like OwnROM I already use possible
3. Form a reply that actually covers the said question for a not-a-noob-but-not-a-dev guy here that's asking it

Thanks in advance my tmo S5 is physically on its last legs, had the sprint gold variant handed down, brand new, and desperately want it slick, fast and most of all bare like this beaten up chunk of awesome I currently use...
30th April 2017, 03:01 PM |#57  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocreep1369

So has anyone been able to pull this off correctly:

1. Get SM-G900P working at full speed on Tmo
2. After said idoneapps or something of the like, is running bare bones aosp ROMS like OwnROM I already use possible
3. Form a reply that actually covers the said question for a not-a-noob-but-not-a-dev guy here that's asking it

Thanks in advance my tmo S5 is physically on its last legs, had the sprint gold variant handed down, brand new, and desperately want it slick, fast and most of all bare like this beaten up chunk of awesome I currently use...


So here is what I have done and full disclaimer, not a dev but pretty good and figuring stuff out when it comes to these things. Pretty tech savy, if i must say so call myself.

I havr gotten Tmobile network thru idoneapps unlock. I add the lte bands per instructions found on XDA. However I have been unable to access these added lte bands. I have tried alot, different ROMs different modems, all types of things.

So in short NO unless you can figure out something that from what i see no one else has figured out you will NOT get even close to full TMobile speed.

Hope this helps.
22nd May 2017, 05:12 PM |#58  
Junior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have a sprint galaxy s7 (soon to be unlocked by sprint) but would also like to flash the stock tmobile 7.0 firmware. Is this possible and can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes