FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OpenWatch v1.5.1 (2011-08-02) Android (SE BT Watch MBW-100/150/200, LM958, Prada)

1,413 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,274

Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2010, 06:04 PM |#261  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Kasuko: Try the updated version: http://beta.smartmadsoft.com/ Before connecting, select "Fake MBW-150" in Settings.
18th July 2010, 11:03 PM |#262  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by navahoo

sorry for ot comment, but anybody got an idea where to buy a new leather wristband for my mbw150 classic?
se won´t change it, even not if i would pay for...

Hi,

I've had similar problem - my black rubber strap burst unexpectedly - bug factory i think - and I must have bought orange leather in watchmaker Many people said that this is more attractive and elegant than original SE rubber watch strap

Greetings to moneytoo too Great and very useful application. I've used long time with SE P1i and now with Milestone from march.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mbw_orange2.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	362620   Click image for larger version

Name:	mbw_orange3.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	362622  
21st July 2010, 08:28 AM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can you tell me the exact difference between MBW-150 and MBW-150 Update? Isn't it worth buying the old model? Or is it just the support for more Handys (what would be irrelevant)? I read in another thread that the new model has a better display with more contrast.

Will OpenWatch ever have functions that you can only use with the MBW-150 Update?

Is the MBW-150 Update only the brown one?
21st July 2010, 08:34 PM |#264  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Great work on this App... Can someone tell me if there is an option to force 12hr clock like in the ppc version?

Also using the stock media player installed on a t-mobile samsung vibrant (galaxy S) I get no media info on the watch... caller id and txt works but no media...

any fix?
22nd July 2010, 08:10 PM |#265  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great App! Was happy to know that I wouldn't lose the BT watch when I switched from WinMo to Android. Thanks!

I also wondered if there was any way to force the 12 hr clock in the android version.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpeel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jpeel Ad-Free
23rd July 2010, 12:09 PM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Great software - thanks :)

One thing I'm wondering - what is the "Firmware Check" good for ? I know it returns the firmware of the watch, but since there are no possibility to upgrade firmware on the watch anyway, what is it good for ??

Thanks,
Martin
24th July 2010, 10:38 AM |#267  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Prada Link
Hey,

first of all your app seems to be really amazing. I don't have a watch yet, but I have had a look on your app on my HTC Desire. But I have a little problem already... I think my wrist is too small for the Sony Ericsson watches. They are really hughe. Because of that I would really like to know if the Prada Link support has been improved. Would be really nice if somebody could report on that. Are there any other alternatives I haven't thought of? Could you specify what exactly isn't supported with the Prada Link in comparisson to the MBW-150. Or are just some Prada Link specific features (SMS list) not supported?

Greetings

Carsten
25th July 2010, 09:45 AM |#268  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namensindschallundrauch

Can you tell me the exact difference between MBW-150 and MBW-150 Update? Isn't it worth buying the old model? Or is it just the support for more Handys (what would be irrelevant)? I read in another thread that the new model has a better display with more contrast.

Will OpenWatch ever have functions that you can only use with the MBW-150 Update?

Is the MBW-150 Update only the brown one?

There's no real difference for the use with OpenWatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatixz

Great work on this App... Can someone tell me if there is an option to force 12hr clock like in the ppc version?

There's not. I will consider this feature for next updates.

Quote:

Also using the stock media player installed on a t-mobile samsung vibrant (galaxy S) I get no media info on the watch... caller id and txt works but no media...

any fix?

Only stock Android/HTC Music players are supported. I tried looking at the Samsung player, it's one big mess but I'll see what I can do. Seems like there's a possibility... Will you be able to test a beta version if I will have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inc

Great software - thanks :)

One thing I'm wondering - what is the "Firmware Check" good for ? I know it returns the firmware of the watch, but since there are no possibility to upgrade firmware on the watch anyway, what is it good for ??

Thanks,
Martin

MBW-150 and MBW-150 Update (White clock face) have different fw versions. There's no real use for the fw check but if a SE phone has it, why not OpenWatch, right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseKasimir

Hey,

first of all your app seems to be really amazing. I don't have a watch yet, but I have had a look on your app on my HTC Desire. But I have a little problem already... I think my wrist is too small for the Sony Ericsson watches. They are really hughe. Because of that I would really like to know if the Prada Link support has been improved. Would be really nice if somebody could report on that. Are there any other alternatives I haven't thought of? Could you specify what exactly isn't supported with the Prada Link in comparisson to the MBW-150. Or are just some Prada Link specific features (SMS list) not supported?

Greetings

Carsten

I have a small wrist too. I always have to make additional holes in the wrist band.
OpenWatch doesn't display any text (no sms text, no e-mail sender/subject, no appointment title... just a vibration and beep). Unfortunately I don't plan on making any progress here.
25th July 2010, 10:37 AM |#269  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo

I have a small wrist too. I always have to make additional holes in the wrist band.
OpenWatch doesn't display any text (no sms text, no e-mail sender/subject, no appointment title... just a vibration and beep). Unfortunately I don't plan on making any progress here.

Ok, I will buy it anyway because I really like the design and it's the same price as the SE watches here in Germany. Is there anything I can do myself to improve the support of OpenWatch for this watch? Just read in your own forum that the Windows Mobile version of Open Watch supports it. So you know what to send to the watch that it displays a text? It's just not implemented in OpenWatch?
25th July 2010, 02:56 PM |#270  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

any fix?

Could you try the beta (http://beta.smartmadsoft.com) if the controls work in v1.0.2? Or anyone else with Galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseKasimir

Ok, I will buy it anyway because I really like the design and it's the same price as the SE watches here in Germany. Is there anything I can do myself to improve the support of OpenWatch for this watch? Just read in your own forum that the Windows Mobile version of Open Watch supports it. So you know what to send to the watch that it displays a text? It's just not implemented in OpenWatch?

It supports it but the implementation is too buggy
25th July 2010, 03:16 PM |#271  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo

It supports it but the implementation is too buggy

Ok, that's a pity. You already said that you are not planing to improve it. But would be really great if you could give it a try again in the future. I will be there then and ready to donate. Thanks for making it vibrate which is already a great success.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)