• No,post is terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

delnab

Mar 31, 2013
No,I don't think so...
Xiaomi is Chinese phone too,but he have updates sometimes,same story for Meizu...
But Lollipop is still good

Yes, I know about them, that's why I said "almost every". :p I agree about Lollipop, it's decent, but I do miss some features from Marshmallow. Like configurable app permissions (I know about xposed module), Doze and option to change default phone app. The last is my biggest gripe as for some reason I really dislike Coolpad's default Phone/Contacts/SMS app.

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
Yes, I know about them, that's why I said "almost every". :p I agree about Lollipop, it's decent, but I do miss some features from Marshmallow. Like configurable app permissions (I know about xposed module), Doze and option to change default phone app. The last is my biggest gripe as for some reason I really dislike Coolpad's default Phone/Contacts/SMS app.
Phone/Contacts/SMS app I hate too,but...what we can do?
I'm not developer so I don't know to port something to this device,I just can test custom ROMs :p

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
For now:
1. Lucky Patcher
2. YouTube Background
3. Greenify
4. OBB to SD
X. You tell more

@lloco73
@spaha-bih

Last edited:

dtalic

Mar 22, 2013
hi there! i got myself this phone (r108). seems great at first few days. with 3gb ram it doesn't freeze at all and runs smoothly.
now, i rooted it and everything looked just fine at first. but later on i realized​ that root didn't work as it should. I'm not sure if this issue was at the beginning or was developed later.
anyway, root works ONLY for first two apps to aquire it after restart. first and second app to request, get granted superuser, and for any other nothing happens. then i have to reboot and ask again for root access if i want some other apps to use it.
this sounds strange to me, but i tested it for many times, and got same result every time. i rooted phone with kingoroot. i also tried to reroot it but it failed several times. i tried using win app too, i got info that phone was rooted, but i still couldnt get root access for more than first two apps.
any ideas? thanx in advance!

Послато са Coolpad R108 уз помоћ Тапатока

Reactions: StefanBuljic

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
hi there! i got myself this phone (r108). seems great at first few days. with 3gb ram it doesn't freeze at all and runs smoothly.
now, i rooted it and everything looked just fine at first. but later on i realized​ that root didn't work as it should. I'm not sure if this issue was at the beginning or was developed later.
anyway, root works ONLY for first two apps to aquire it after restart. first and second app to request, get granted superuser, and for any other nothing happens. then i have to reboot and ask again for root access if i want some other apps to use it.
this sounds strange to me, but i tested it for many times, and got same result every time. i rooted phone with kingoroot. i also tried to reroot it but it failed several times. i tried using win app too, i got info that phone was rooted, but i still couldnt get root access for more than first two apps.

Hmm,I really don't know where is problem...
I rooted my R108 and everything working fine,try to update SuperSU,I got update of SU about two days ago
Russia or Serbia? :highfive:

Reactions: soumakischris

dtalic

Mar 22, 2013
serbia, actually rep. of srpska to be precise :D :highfive:
yes it's​ really strange with this root issue...

lloco73

Nov 17, 2010
Nelas
When you root phone and install supersu you can install flashify and the made a backup.
Then if you have problems just install asia rom, root, install flashify and install your backup

Enviado do meu Moto G4 Plus através de Tapatalk

dtalic

Mar 22, 2013

SOLVED!

I tried many methods. Finally i unrooted phone, rooted it back again with kingOroot as i did first time and everything was perfect BUT only until restart, and the problem returned (no root access for more than two apps and unstable super user app).
Than i unrooted it again and rooted, but this time with kingroot android app. Root operation was successful after second attempt and now everything works fine!

soumakischris

Jun 5, 2017
Hello from Greece Thank you for your help all working perfectly! Only one question about status bar I try to change it but can't !!! Any tips for that?

Sent from my Coolpad R108 using Coolpad Forums

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there.Last month I was make first review of Coolpad Torino [R108] on XDA...
    I was looking for some custom rom,custom recovery for this device,but nothing.
    But,we can do something with stock rom,no?

1. Install Nova Launcher
    2. Root Coolpad Torino
    3. Delete bloatware apps
    4. Install Xposed Framework

I'm not responsible if you do something wrong and brick your device!
    Let's start!

1. Install Nova Launcher
    - From Play Store download or pay Nova Launcher
    - After instaling N.L. we must set N.L. as default launcher
    - Go to Settings-Apps-All
    - Find "LauncherL"
    - Then tap on it,scroll down and tap on CLEAR DEFAULTS
    - Then one time tap on CLEAR CACHE
    - Now tap on home button,select N.L. and tap on Always button
    - Thats it.You have Nova Launcher,enjoy!

2. Root Coolpad Torino
    - Download KingoRoot for android from link down
    - Install it and open program
    - Tap on Root button and wait
    - If KingoRoot give you some Error tap on Give another shot
    - You must try to root your device a few time
    - After rooting replace KingoSuperUser with SuperSU
    - Dowload Root Checker and enjoy

3. Delete bloatware apps
    - Download System App Remover from Play Store
    - Grant app with SuperSU
    - Check and delete next apps:
    1. Facebook (Download again from P.S. later)
    2. TouchPal
    3. All TouchPal keyboards
    4. Drive
    5. Hangouts
    6. TalkBack
    7. Google text-to-speech
    8. Google Play Movies & TV
    9. Google App
    10. Chrome
    11. Exchange Service
    - Don't touch Cool Manager,that is security app
    - You can brick android deleting that app

4. Install Xposed Framework
    - Download Xposed Framework setup from link down
    - Then downlaod Xposed Version 87 and uninstaller
    - Reboot your device and enjoy

So,that is all for this device.If you have some question just ask!
    Hit Thanks button,its free!

Respect,
    Senior Member,
    StefanBuljic

Links:
    1. Nova Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en
    2. KingoRoot: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en
    3. System App Remover: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp&hl=en
    4. Xposed Framework: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
    5. Root Checker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en
    6. SuperSu: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu&hl=en
    Need help!

Not all xposed apps works. Gravity box does not work
    Theme: CoolUI8 has a theme manager and you can also apply themes made by you, just google coolui8 themes.

I have v047 updated from Coolpad_Max_Lite_V42_042.P0.160811.Y91_S00_U00-LC_Southeast_Asia and flashed with coolpad flash tool YGDP.
    If for any reason you cannot boot your mobile just use the above rom
    Hi everybody...this is my first post on xda...I need some help...tried rooting my Coolpad Torino but ended up with bootloop...flashed the firmware u suggested (Coolpad_Max_Lite_V42_042.P0.160811.Y91_S00_U00...) but now the screen is black...the phone works but no picture...
    Does someone maybe have a link or a stock v48 firmware to upload? I've tried some diff firmwares but no go...I need original...
    Tnx
    This phone is a good one but is not developper friendly.

Please share:
    what xposed modules work?
    What theme you use?
    What recovery?
    Your firmware version.

Enviado do meu Moto G4 Plus através de Tapatalk
    Xposed: Whatever you want
    Theme? I don' t undrestand
    Recovery: Stock,we don't have anything for R108
    Firmware: V048
    That's it!
    :)
    Not all xposed apps works. Gravity box does not work
    Theme: CoolUI8 has a theme manager and you can also apply themes made by you, just google coolui8 themes.

I have v047 updated from Coolpad_Max_Lite_V42_042.P0.160811.Y91_S00_U00-LC_Southeast_Asia and flashed with coolpad flash tool YGDP.
    If for any reason you cannot boot your mobile just use the above rom