[Recovery][Exynos] Official TWRP for Galaxy S7 edge (hero2lte)

Search This thread

kaalalto

Jun 28, 2013
Toulouse
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm experiencing a strange issue with TWRP : I'm under stock ROM rooted with Magisk and I did a full backup with TWRP including boot, system, data..
As I'm trying many AOSP roms, I often wipe, flash and restore backups. Yesterday, when I wanted to restore my full TW+Magisk backup, the restore was OK but the phone remained in bootloop state.
I did the following : flashed stock rom with ODIN, installed TWRP, flashed Magisk and then restored just data and it worked.
So what's gone wrong with full restore ? I never had this problem before when I was rooted with SuperSU. It's related to boot partition ? TWRP doesn't handle it correctly when modified by Magisk ?
Thanks

Last edited:

Abdul Rafé

May 16, 2017
Need Help

Previously i installed twrp and rooted my phone using this guide a month ago and was using a custom s8 plus rom. yesterday i installed stock latest firmware using Odin and i want twrp again but now i am facing problems. I am taking following steps but every time didnt work.

1) Downloaded twrp 3.1.1.0 and flash through odin
2) Boot into twrp and swipe right to allow modification.
3) Tried to flash data but error occured (unable to mount)

Now i cant mount my storage on PC using mtp .
Neither i am seeing any files/folders in internal storage in twrp.
I tried flashig latest supersu using sideload. it installed but every time stuck in bootloop

How can i flash supersu. i cant install any zip. there are no folders/files showing in twrp

Ati75

Nov 18, 2008
Previously i installed twrp and rooted my phone using this guide a month ago and was using a custom s8 plus rom. yesterday i installed stock latest firmware using Odin and i want twrp again but now i am facing problems. I am taking following steps but every time didnt work.

1) Downloaded twrp 3.1.1.0 and flash through odin
2) Boot into twrp and swipe right to allow modification.
3) Tried to flash data but error occured (unable to mount)

Now i cant mount my storage on PC using mtp .
Neither i am seeing any files/folders in internal storage in twrp.
I tried flashig latest supersu using sideload. it installed but every time stuck in bootloop

How can i flash supersu. i cant install any zip. there are no folders/files showing in twrp

You have to "format" your device. Go to wipe and select format, enter "yes" and let it do its thing. Boot right back into recovery and flash away.

Siddharth121

Mar 10, 2013
Which TWRP version should I use in India? I can just see Primary (Americas) and Primary (Europe) on the TWRP website. Any help?

kailashnj

Nov 1, 2007
Need help urgently.

I want to temporary run TWRP so that i can mount my phone Internal storage. Is that possible. Today i uninstalled a software called smule and it caused by phone to hang. This automatically restarted my phone and was stuck at the Samsung Logo.

Tried to do soft reset did not work, tried wipe cache from recovery did not work. When I try to mount from the system recovery it will not connect to my PC.

I have 40 GB of data on my phone which I need to recover anyhow. Hence one option that i can think of is using the TWRP recovery and mount the phone and copy my important data to pc.

My phone is the 128 GB version Black Pearl. Box say SM-g935FD1

nommy

Dec 10, 2010
near Hamburg
Need help urgently.

I want to temporary run TWRP so that i can mount my phone Internal storage. Is that possible. Today i uninstalled a software called smule and it caused by phone to hang. This automatically restarted my phone and was stuck at the Samsung Logo.

Tried to do soft reset did not work, tried wipe cache from recovery did not work. When I try to mount from the system recovery it will not connect to my PC.

I have 40 GB of data on my phone which I need to recover anyhow. Hence one option that i can think of is using the TWRP recovery and mount the phone and copy my important data to pc.

My phone is the 128 GB version Black Pearl. Box say SM-g935FD1
You should try to boot in safe mode first:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203266/

Cheers and good luck.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

kks21199

Jan 23, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Tried to boot to safe mode did not work. its stuck at the samsung logo.

I can only enter the recovery mode or the download mode.

You can flash stock rom (the same version you are using now or whatever custom rom) and it normally works for me and also lets me keep all my files and settings intact (and if the device is unrooted, this will also let you keep your warranty). I can't assure that your files will be safe, but this works for me every time.

Abdullah Aljubori

Mar 5, 2016
hi guys
I spent last 2 days trying to flash TWRP and root my S7 edge "G935FD" and i failed to.
Here is what happen:

1. after flash "TWRP 3.0.2-4" reboot to recovery and enable system modification.
2. install "SuperSU SR1 v2.82" zip.
3. install "no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip".
4. i had a many red line in log about can't mount /data, I ignore it and reboot.
5. Device can't boot and just view SAMSUNG boot logo.

tried to flash SuperSU after "no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip" and it same problem.
after that i download the stock firmware from sammobile.com and did a full flash 4 file from odin
the device back to work but with a problem in S health app, It saying "due security policy, it can't open in rooted device" and the device has no root access.
please help me to get root access or at least get back my S health because i need it for daily use.

thank you > :):)

re: root/twrp issues

hi guys
I spent last 2 days trying to flash TWRP and root my S7 edge "G935FD" and i failed to.
Here is what happen:

1. after flash "TWRP 3.0.2-4" reboot to recovery and enable system modification.
2. install "SuperSU SR1 v2.82" zip.
3. install "no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip".
4. i had a many red line in log about can't mount /data, I ignore it and reboot.
5. Device can't boot and just view SAMSUNG boot logo.

tried to flash SuperSU after "no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip" and it same problem.
after that i download the stock firmware from sammobile.com and did a full flash 4 file from odin
the device back to work but with a problem in S health app, It saying "due security policy, it can't open in rooted device" and the device has no root access.
please help me to get root access or at least get back my S health because i need it for daily use.

thank you > :):)

Your TWRP is the wrong version, here is the correct version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8je234s5qvlwrz/twrp-3.1.0-0-hero2lte.img.tar?dl=0
Flash this in ODIN before doing anything else.

Also you have the wrong version of SuperSU, here is the correct version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wlhfasztpionsa/SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip?dl=0

After flashing these two files do a full wipe including System, Data, Cache, Dalvik and do a factory reset in twrp.

After doing the above successfully you will be able to flash any of the S7/S7 Edge custom or stock zip file roms.

Good luck, have a great day!

Abdullah Aljubori

Mar 5, 2016
Your TWRP is the wrong version, here is the correct version:
Flash this in ODIN before doing anything else.
Also you have the wrong version of SuperSU, here is the correct version:
After flashing these two files do a full wipe including System, Data, Cache, Dalvik and do a factory reset in twrp.
After doing the above successfully you will be able to flash any of the S7/S7 Edge custom or stock zip file roms.
Good luck, have a great day!

Thanks for replay, i tried these 2 files and still can't mount /data or boot normally to system

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.0.2-4

This is for the International SM-G935F/FD/X, Korean SM-G935K/L/S, and Canadian SM-G935W8 Exynos models only! Do not flash on flat S7 or Qualcomm models!

WARNING #1: Flashing a custom recovery to your device will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. Check with your mobile provider to see if they will still cover warranty on Knox bit triggered devices. If you understand this risk, continue on.
    You generally don't have to worry, as it's incredibly hard to brick a Samsung device, and physical damage warranties should be exempt from Knox triggering.

WARNING #2: The Galaxy S7 stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
    SOLUTION: Follow the full rooting steps below, in order, to allow system modifications without the risk of a boot loop!

WHAT IS TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
    In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

DOWNLOAD

You can find the device page here:
    http://teamw.in/devices/samsunggalaxys7edge.html

There is a download link there, as well as instructions on how to flash it.

I highly recommend using Odin to flash when possible.
    You can find a zip containing Odin as well as Samsung's Mobile drivers here:
    https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/

FULL STEPS FOR OBTAINING ROOT

You can follow this video by Max Lee if you'd like: How to Root Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge! [Exynos ONLY]
    Otherwise, follow these instructions:

1. In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
      Transparent.gif
    2. Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device)
      You need to enable OEM unlock, otherwise you might end up with boot problems or be unable to flash later on.
      Transparent.gif
    3. Extract Odin_3.12.3.zip to your computer.
      Transparent.gif
    4. Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers for Odin to find your device.
      Transparent.gif
    5. Download a .tar image of TWRP for hero2lte.
      Transparent.gif
    6. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons while your device reboots.
      Once you reach the Download mode warning screen, press [Volume Up] to continue.
      Transparent.gif
    7. Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot and disable Auto-Reboot, then press [Start].
      Transparent.gif
    8. Hold [Volume Down] + [Home] + [Power] to get out of Download mode and immediately swap to [Volume Up] when the screen blanks.
      If you don't see then TWRP boot splash try again from step 6.
      Transparent.gif
    9. At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
      By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don't follow the next step you will be unable to boot!
      If you are going to root your device and follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
      Transparent.gif
    10. If you want to be rooted with SuperSU:
      Download the latest SuperSU by Chainfire.
      Without exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
      You will need an external SDcard for this method, if you don't have one you will have to use adb sideload to install SuperSU.

If you only want a bootable system partition:
      Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip.
      Without exiting TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
      Note: This does not disable the forced encryption on Bxxx firmware, only Axxx firmware due to a change in vold by Samsung.
      Transparent.gif
    11. Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
      Transparent.gif
    12. Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.
    * MTP, known as Media Transfer Protocol, is the same way you transfer files from your PC to your device when booted into system.

CHANGES
    • v3.0.2-4 - Fix restoring of non-ext4 partitions, update f2fs drivers, update to BPID source & Linux 3.18.43
    • v3.0.2-3 - Fix booting on BPH6/APGH bootloaders, rebase on Note 7 sources, enable NTFS-3G formatting
    • v3.0.2-2 - Fix MTP issue in kernel
    • v3.0.2-1 - Separation of Korean variants, retrieve actual model from bootloader, drop modem from fstab, remove legacy flags, add bootdevice symlink, last_kmsg support
    • v3.0.2-0 - See here for the changes.
    • v3.0.1-0 - Fixed USB OTG storage
    • v3.0.0-0 (twrp.me) - Disabled backup/restore of modem partition (must be signed and flashed in Odin)
    • v3.0.0-0 - Initialize new device tree based on Samsung OSRC G935FXXU1APAW kernel.

FEATURES
    • MTP support
    • USB Mass Storage support
    • Micro SDcard and USB OTG storage support
    • f2fs file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
    • exFAT file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
    • NTFS file system support (read, write, format)
    • ADB root
    • Full SELinux support
    • Built in android 6.0 tree

KNOWN ISSUES

CONTACT & SUPPORT

You can find us on IRC at #twrp on chat.freenode.net.
    You can also post in this thread and I will attempt to answer any questions you may have.

SOURCE CODE

TWRP: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery (android-6.0)
    Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_hero2lte (android-6.0)
    Device tree (Korea): https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_hero2ltekor (android-6.0)
    Kernel: https://github.com/jcadduono/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890 (twrp-6.0)

CONTRIBUTIONS

Gerrit for TWRP: http://gerrit.omnirom.org/
    Gerrit for officially supported devices: http://gerrit.twrp.me/

XDA:DevDB Information
    Team Win Recovery Project - Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Contributors
    jcadduono, Team Win & friends
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_herolte

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0.2-4
    Stable Release Date: 2016-10-15

Created 2016-03-11
    Last Updated 2016-11-08
    Hey guys :) :highfive:

Some may know me, some probably not. It's not important who I am BUT I found that our device tree for TWRP builds is damn outdated (based on MM).

I don't know if you faced this issue already, but some people couldn't mount /data partition in TWRP even though they removed encryption. Why this happens?

Explanation:
    Samsung added quota support in their oreo update for the /data partition. Means a TWRP update with proper quota support is needed to get this new feature to work. Till now, many developer simply disabled this feature again on their kernels (so they can mount /data without issues on the old TWRP).

What I did:
    I updated the tree with the latest files, kernels and so on. Including the above mentioned quota support.

This TWRP version works on stock and supported oreo kernels. Older kernels (which removed quota to fix mounting problems) won't work here. Please advice your kernel developer to update his kernel with the changes :good:

Download:
    Img file (flash via TWRP)
    tar.md5 file (flash via odin)
    Reserved

If you have a G935P, G935V, G935R, or G935A (aka the US Snapdragon models) your bootloader is locked. I will not be making TWRP for your device - it simply cannot happen. Sorry.
    Update: G935T users can expect TWRP for their devices as soon as T-Mobile convinces Samsung to unlock the bootloader - I already have a fully complete working build ready.

You know who you can blame?

THE DONALD!~~~~~~~~~~~~
    or Obama, I dunno, blaming Obama is getting kind of old guys, sorry.
    Just a quick step by step - including the steps I couldn't figure out because I'm a samsung newbie.

Downloads needed:

Samsung Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/board/download.do?bdId=T000000117&attachId=0000000003
    Odin: https://idlekernel.com/flash-tools/Odin_3.10.7.zip
    TWRP: https://idlekernel.com/twrp/hero2lte/ ##.md5 file##
    No verity: https://idlekernel.com/fun-stuff-trust-me/no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
    SuperSU: https://download.chainfire.eu/924/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip?retrieve_file=1

Steps:
    1. Install Sammy drivers
    2. Extract Odin, place TWRP file into the same folder
    3. Transfer No-verity-opt-encryption.zip + BETA-SuperSU-v1.68.zip to phone.
    4. Power phone off
    5. Press all 3, Volume DOWN + Home + power till screen turns on.
    6. Press confirmation key
    7. Open Odin
    8. Click "AP" key and select TWRP file
    9. "Start" in Odin
    10. power off phone upon completion
    11. Press all 3, Volume UP + Home + Power till screen turns on.
    12. Swipe to allow
    12. wipe - "FORMAT DATA" ##NOT ADVANCED WIPE##
    13. Install - No-verity-opt-encryption.zip
    14. Reboot - Recovery
    15. Flash SuperSU
    16. Reboot System
    17. Enjoy.
    I will need someone to verify if features are working as this was just a copy paste of the herolte (non-Edge) device tree.
    Mainly expecting brightness slider to not work, so please if things don't work, join #twrp on freenode and talk to me.