[ROM][7.1.2] AOKP N [UNOFFICIAL][i9500/ja3gxx]

Search This thread

_Jackie_

Jun 27, 2016
http%3A%2F%2Faokp.co%2Fimages%2Faokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.​

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos​

Features
  • Custom Toggles: Users can customize the buttons present in the Quick Settings pulldown which allow the user to toggle various functions of the device such as the Wi-Fi or the Bluetooth. Users also have the ability to create their own toggles should it not be available.
  • LED control: The color and pulsing of the notification LED can be custom set for various applications.
  • Navigation ring: Actions can be assigned to the navigation ring, to allow for quicker access applications.
  • Ribbon: Allows users to use swipe gestures anywhere and enables a system-wide custom application shortcuts and actions.
  • Vibration patterns: Users can build custom vibration patterns to be assigned to notifications from certain applications or calls from certain people.
  • Native theme support: Themes, downloaded from the Google Play Store or from other sources, can be applied to give a modified appearance to the device interface.

• [*]Permission control: Support is included for revoking permissions from applications such as denying their ability to use
    the camera or wake the device.​
  • CPU overclocking: Increase operating speed of the mobile device to improve its performance.
  • AOKP is designed to increase performance and reliability over official stock firmware releases.
  • And Many More Features In Rom Control Section

Full Substratum Support

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot​

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.2] AOKP N [UNOFFICIAL][i9500/ja3gxx], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
_Jackie_, Alberto96, vibhoothiiaanand
Source Code: https://github.com/exynos5410

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Bootloader and Modem, TWRP 3.1.1 as Recovery
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-06-11

Created 2017-06-11
Last Updated 2017-06-12

_Jackie_

Jun 27, 2016
ScreenShot

Screenies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170611-204705.jpg
    Screenshot_20170611-204705.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 11,113
  • Screenshot_20170611-204711.jpg
    Screenshot_20170611-204711.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 10,873
  • Screenshot_20170611-204636.png
    Screenshot_20170611-204636.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 11,098
  • Screenshot_20170611-204701.png
    Screenshot_20170611-204701.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 10,635
Last edited:

_Jackie_

Jun 27, 2016
Changelog:
20170611:​
Intial Build​
Bugs:
Same as latest lineageOS builds by alberto.​

Last edited:

Bharat_chaudhary

Jun 5, 2016
I'm having issues while dragging down the notification drawer in landscape mode. Like playing games and using apps.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Bharat_chaudhary

Jun 5, 2016
can u plzz elaborate what is error???:)
I am not able to understand:confused: because i tried to drag and there was no problem.
Whenever i play games and tries scrolling down the notification drawer it takes 5 to 6 tries to come down. Idk why? Also I was using android O substratum theme.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Faokp.co%2Fimages%2Faokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.​

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos​

Features
    • Custom Toggles: Users can customize the buttons present in the Quick Settings pulldown which allow the user to toggle various functions of the device such as the Wi-Fi or the Bluetooth. Users also have the ability to create their own toggles should it not be available.
    • LED control: The color and pulsing of the notification LED can be custom set for various applications.
    • Navigation ring: Actions can be assigned to the navigation ring, to allow for quicker access applications.
    • Ribbon: Allows users to use swipe gestures anywhere and enables a system-wide custom application shortcuts and actions.
    • Vibration patterns: Users can build custom vibration patterns to be assigned to notifications from certain applications or calls from certain people.
    • Native theme support: Themes, downloaded from the Google Play Store or from other sources, can be applied to give a modified appearance to the device interface.

• [*]Permission control: Support is included for revoking permissions from applications such as denying their ability to use
      the camera or wake the device.​
    • CPU overclocking: Increase operating speed of the mobile device to improve its performance.
    • AOKP is designed to increase performance and reliability over official stock firmware releases.
    • And Many More Features In Rom Control Section

Full Substratum Support

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2] AOKP N [UNOFFICIAL][i9500/ja3gxx], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    _Jackie_, Alberto96, vibhoothiiaanand
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos5410

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Bootloader and Modem, TWRP 3.1.1 as Recovery
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-06-11

Created 2017-06-11
    Last Updated 2017-06-12
    Thank you very much to @_Jackie_ for doing this great job.
    I really can't understand how someone criticize the handwork of a dev who spend a lot of time for making this ROM. We should learn to respect before complaining like this as they are spending endless time for the community without absolutely no benefits (other than some good words from the users).
    Regarding your question (what is the use of this rom?), If you tried at-least once, you will hopefully realized that AOKP has tons of useful features that are not available in LOS (it is not at all another LOS wit ha different name). Anyway, whether you like AOKP or not (well it's up to you), please avoid this kind of stupid comments.
    If the bugs are the same as LineageOS what is the use of this rom? Instead of building different roms with individual logo's and same bugs, the devs should channel their efforts on one build and fix the bugs. It would be more productive than cooking the same buggy rom over and over and over under different names.
    I need features that work and not tons features with bugs carried over from other places.

So u dont want features with bugs....dont use the rom....atleast dont criticise my work.....and u r not paying anything for using the rom that i provide or anyone else and as u already said u dont want bugs so its better to downgrade to touchwiz lollipop or other bugless rom.
    And i have already said it in lots of thread i am not pro developer it will take time to fix bugs more over i am not going to spend more time on this **** i have realized users r cry babies and only know how to criticize.
    And one last thing we do this development thing for fun and learning in our free time and share this for users who care so if u dont like my work then stfu and dont use rom. Isn't doing this is simple instead of talking all ****.
    ScreenShot

Screenies
    Changelog:
    20170611:​
    Intial Build​
    Bugs:
    Same as latest lineageOS builds by alberto.​

If the bugs are the same as LineageOS what is the use of this rom? Instead of building different roms with individual logo's and same bugs, the devs should channel their efforts on one build and fix the bugs. It would be more productive than cooking the same buggy rom over and over and over under different names.