FORUMS

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,191

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2017, 08:18 PM |#55211  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

RUU is the only way

thanks, already downloaded it.

do you know how I have to name it? the one for the htc 10 had to be named 2PS6IMG.zip, but I don't know it for the u11
13th June 2017, 08:23 PM |#55212  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Finally got my ICe White order coming on Thursday! I was playing with U11 at O2 store and noticed one thing , others reported here too, when sRGB mode enabled in developers mode phone still persist in wide -saturated mode. Does anyone have that issue ?
13th June 2017, 08:31 PM |#55213  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulaoperator

Finally got my ICe White order coming on Thursday! I was playing with U11 at O2 store and noticed one thing , others reported here too, when sRGB mode enabled in developers mode phone still persist in wide -saturated mode. Does anyone have that issue ?

SRGB with slider from display settings is coming in next update
13th June 2017, 08:31 PM |#55214  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shox22

Tried to take a look at a U11 today, but there wasn't one on display. But I saw the ultra for the first time. The screen was shockingly dim, much dimmer then my already not really bright honor 8 (~420nits).
Also saw the S8 and S8+: really, really good looking devices. I didn't like the looks of the G6 tho, looks like a cheap plastic phone to me.

The S8 is a sexy phone, no doubt about it but the edges are still too fragile, it's beauty vs practicability, the G6 has very tiny bezels so it feels more build to last, also don't forget it's shock proof while it's the opposite with the S8
13th June 2017, 08:32 PM |#55215  
Beirut

More
Quote:

Tried to take a look at a U11 today, but there wasn't one on display. But I saw the ultra for the first time. The screen was shockingly dim, much dimmer then my already not really bright honor 8 (~420nits).
Also saw the S8 and S8+: really, really good looking devices. I didn't like the looks of the G6 tho, looks like a cheap plastic phone to me.

Did you make sure you disable auto brightness? Still the u11 display is better than the ultra

The ultra is over 420nits
13th June 2017, 08:58 PM |#55216  
Thanks Meter: 1,736

More
Quote:

Did you make sure you disable auto brightness? Still the u11 display is better than the ultra

The ultra is over 420nits

I was only able to change brightness via quicksettings as the settings were secured by a password. I ramped the slider up to full brightness, but I'm not sure wether the auto brightness was still enabled. All the other phones around were much brighter, as well as my honor 8. There must have been something wrong with this unit or the settings. Definitely won't help to present it like that.
I would estimate around 250-300 nits with the slider set to the highest setting.
13th June 2017, 09:12 PM |#55217  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 244

More
A glass made smartphone, what a great idea! Maybe manufacturers made this exceptional design design decision after watching Cinderella...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Badelhas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badelhas Ad-Free
13th June 2017, 09:19 PM |#55218  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 2,310

More
Quote:

I was only able to change brightness via quicksettings as the settings were secured by a password. I ramped the slider up to full brightness, but I'm not sure wether the auto brightness was still enabled. All the other phones around were much brighter, as well as my honor 8. There must have been something wrong with this unit or the settings. Definitely won't help to present it like that.
I would estimate around 250-300 nits with the slider set to the highest setting.

The U Ultra is 520 nits. It is rated higher than the Galaxy S7 edge which is only 493.
13th June 2017, 09:21 PM |#55219  
Beirut

More
Quote:

Auto brightness is the problem, max means nothing without disabling it
13th June 2017, 09:32 PM |#55220  
Thanks Meter: 1,736

More
Very good contract offer in germany:

HTC U 11
+
O2 contract with:
15GB LTE
Allnet Flat
SMS Flat
EU Flat
6 month sky ticket

38,28€ / month + 79€ for the phone. Total over two years: 918,76€

Deal-link

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger

The U Ultra is 520 nits. It is rated higher than the Galaxy S7 edge which is only 493.

Where do you get these values from? I saw a few ultra reviews measuring 440-475 nits (with a bad brigthness distribution of 88%). The S7 edge display reached 540nits-565nits

Quote:

Auto brightness is the problem, max means nothing without disabling it

Good to know, but it also means that auto brightness, even on the highest level, is too dark.
13th June 2017, 09:45 PM |#55221  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:

SRGB with slider from display settings is coming in next update

It was already on display unit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)