[EOL][KERNEL][ido][CAF][v3.10.107] Chtolly Kernel - r16 (23-09-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dimk.97

May 27, 2017
Hi! Can you add CPU overclocking to 1700 Mhz pls ?
This is the normal frequency for Snapdragon 616.
And... It would be cool if you change CPU frequencies to nice numbers (200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1700)

And yet... Can you add GPU overclocking (if it's safe), I saw GPU overclocking to 700 Mhz in ZPX Kernel.
Thanks for the best kernel :)

sol212307

Mar 16, 2016
It's Mi 4i. Redmi 3 and Mi 4i use same SoC variant (msm8939).
yeah i googled 30 mins to find it before u reply hahaha. i hope u wont stop supporting ido :crying:

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Hi! Can you add CPU overclocking to 1700 Mhz pls ?
This is the normal frequency for Snapdragon 616.
And... It would be cool if you change CPU frequencies to nice numbers (200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1700)

And yet... Can you add GPU overclocking (if it's safe), I saw GPU overclocking to 700 Mhz in ZPX Kernel.
Thanks for the best kernel :)
that OC in GPU doesnt give xtra performance but overheat my phone. kudkernel give better performance in gaming based on my experience...

dimk.97

May 27, 2017
---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

that OC in GPU doesnt give xtra performance but overheat my phone. kudkernel give better performance in gaming based on my experience...

I'm agree: GPU OC is not good idea.
But CPU OC may be very useful for single-core games and applications without overheat (because this CPU support this frequency by default).

krasCGQ

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I won't add CPU nor GPU overclocking support, but I may add GPU underclocking support if possible.

Xiaomi should have a better reason on choosing to lock our performance cluster's speed to only 1.5 GHz (or more accurate: 1497 MHz, 1497600 Hz).

I don't want to expect more on this phone other than a phone that's suitable for my everyday use with moderate gaming.

Modifying values of these are practically impossible.

PS: The only combo of that 'nice number' can only I see on Exynos 5410 chipset.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

sol212307

Mar 16, 2016
I won't add CPU nor GPU overclocking support, but I may add GPU underclocking support if possible.

Xiaomi should have a better reason on choosing to lock our performance cluster's speed to only 1.5 GHz (or more accurate: 1497 MHz, 1497600 Hz).

I don't want to expect more on this phone other than a phone that's suitable for my everyday use with moderate gaming.

Modifying values of these are practically impossible.

PS: The only combo of that 'nice number' can only I see on Exynos 5410 chipset.
i think its not a bad idea to offer OC on the CPU. u can set the default cpu clock at 1.5 n let the user decide wether they want to increase cpu clock or no :D just a suggestion :good:

krasCGQ

Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Finally, I'm coming back for real into Redmi 3 kernel development!
I was busy and it takes me full two weeks to work into kernel, especially after rebasing it over new LineageOS kernel. Some features you wanted to see might not here, but some of them may return in the next version. Sorry if you feel like I'm disappointing you.

Brief changes:
  • Kernel that you might know as KudKernel, is now Chtolly Kernel. Old KudKernel builds however, are still archived for those who need them.
  • Rebased and updated CAF base to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.18.
  • Updated Linux kernel base to 3.10.106.
  • Updated WLAN (prima) driver to lnx.1.0.c4-00036.
  • Compiled using GNU GCC 7.1.1 toolchain.
  • Properly optimized for Cortex A53 CPUs.
  • Removed core_ctl.

For full features of the new kernel, take a look at the revamped OP.
Enjoy!

sol212307

Mar 16, 2016
I was busy and it takes me full two weeks to work into kernel, especially after rebasing it over new LineageOS kernel. Some features you wanted to see might not here, but some of them may return in the next version. Sorry if you feel like I'm disappointing you.

Brief changes:
Kernel that you might know as KudKernel, is now Chtolly Kernel. Old KudKernel builds however, are still archived for those who need them.
Rebased and updated CAF base to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.18.
Updated Linux kernel base to 3.10.106.
Updated WLAN (prima) driver to lnx.1.0.c4-00036.
Compiled using GNU GCC 7.1.1 toolchain.
Properly optimized for Cortex A53 CPUs.
Removed core_ctl.

Enjoy!
finally :victory:

gzaqgila

Mar 19, 2014
LOR E SARKEM

Brief changes:
  • Kernel that you might know as KudKernel, is now Chtolly Kernel. Old KudKernel builds however, are still archived for those who need them.
  • Rebased and updated CAF base to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.18.
  • Updated Linux kernel base to 3.10.106.
  • Updated WLAN (prima) driver to lnx.1.0.c4-00036.
  • Compiled using GNU GCC 7.1.1 toolchain.
  • Properly optimized for Cortex A53 CPUs.
  • Removed core_ctl.

Enjoy!
hi wanna ask smthing
does this kernel is disabled my wifi receiver from wifi.id network?
only this redmi 3 who cant connect on wifi.id
im still using old kernel

atiprusma

May 26, 2016
Pangandaran
Edo-tensei kudkernel :D
20Km ride with poweramp and a cheap headphone from 100% battery, reduced around 5%-ish that's impersive.
Goodjob stah!

gzaqgila

Mar 19, 2014
LOR E SARKEM
sad after install magisk + systemless root my phone always bootloop on MI - logo
before chtolly kernel work like a charm ):

Attachments

• recovery.log
    18.3 KB · Views: 8

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Thread cleaned

XDA rules - please read them again
especially this
6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

krasCGQ

Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Okay, enough discussion about my anti-piracy check. I've decided to keep my anti-piracy check inside my init script, but I'll improve it a bit to include as many apps as possible.

Reactions: gregbradley

dimk.97

May 27, 2017
I'm detect high cpu load (one core at 90-100%, other cores at 0-2%) on crDroid ROM (unofficial, last version).
Kernel version: chtolly-r7-ido-20170617
Can you check this issue on other ROMs ?

nulldash

Jan 14, 2017
I'm detect high cpu load (one core at 90-100%, other cores at 0-2%) on crDroid ROM (unofficial, last version).

Hey could you pm me link to the crdroid rom please? Its the only n roms i haven't tried. Thanks.

krasCGQ

Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I'm currently testing my changes on my device, but as far as I see, it's not happening on mine. I'll double-check it once I'm back to the release kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+1]Welcome to the new thread! KudKernel is now Chtolly Kernel and starts the release from r7.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]About -or- What is this?[/SIZE]​
    A minimal, yet optimized custom kernel based off my modified LineageOS kernel source with my own additions and features that will be impossible to include into the main kernel.

[SIZE=+1]Disclaimer[/SIZE]​
    • First of all, all builds here are my personal builds.
    • Not all features included are my work. And therefore, credits to all used works are available on the bottom of this post.
    • I'm not responsible for any damage caused by flashing my kernel. You're at your own discretion.
    • Sharing policy: Please share link to this thread instead of direct download link if you want to share my work elsewhere. Thank you.
    • I won't provide support for those who're flashing my kernel with zips other than ones provided in OP.

[SIZE=+1]Features[/SIZE]​
    • Freshly compiled from Acer Aspire E5-475-37KP running Manjaro Linux 17.0.1 Gellivara and Linux kernel 4.9.44.
    • Based off my modified LineageOS kernel source, always updated with latest LineageOS kernel changes.
    • Included all changes from CAF LA.BR.1.2.9-03610-8x16.0 release tag.
    • Linux kernel updated to latest LTS release: Linux 3.10.107.
    • WLAN (prima) driver release lnx.1.0-00156.
    • Compiled using Linaro GCC 7.2.1 (link to the TC is at additional sources section).
    • Built with -Ofast optimization flags, targetting Cortex-A53 CPU platform.