FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

4,346 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,062

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Today, 04:52 PM |#19891  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,402

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschfire

My apologies then, As it's a rampant Issue amongst most Threads I frequent I mistakenly applied the same assumption here, my bad.

Best regards.

It was a reasonable assumption that would apply in most cases. I've also nagged HorstiG for details before realizing his level of contact with HootanParsa over the years. Don't stop encouraging full reports and don't worry about the fact that that it was an exception in this case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free

Today, 05:01 PM |#19892  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Potential Bug report
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

"Reply to the original post so the post is removed in quotes"

Hello Sir, Namaste!
I am using MiXplorer on my Micromax Spark 2+ (Q350) running Android Version 6.0 AOSP (unrooted with stock recovery). I wanna say that this app is unable to make changes (rename, cut, copy, paste, delete) to the files on SD card (although working fine for internal storage) despite giving the storage permission (the only permission it asked on my phone). All other apps (inc. Opera Mini, ES file explorer etc.) can make changes to files on SD card.

I am facing this problem right from the day I begin to use it i.e. since version 13.xx (probably 13.88 or so), presently running vs 6.15.4.

Please fix this. I love its features!!
Reply if any more info is required!
The Following User Says Thank You to yashpalgoyal1304 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yashpalgoyal1304 Ad-Free
Today, 05:11 PM |#19893  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashpalgoyal1304

Hello Sir, Namaste!
I am using MiXplorer on my Micromax Spark 2+ (Q350) running Android Version 6.0 AOSP. I wanna say that this app is unable to make changes to the files on SD card despite giving the storage permission (the only permission it asked on my phone). All other apps (inc. Opera Mini, ES file explorer etc.) can make changes to files on SD card.

I am facing this problem right from the day I begin to use it i.e. since version 13.xx (probably 13.88 or so).

Please fix this. I love its features and its still installed in my phone in the hope that this will be fixed!!

1. Don't be demanding.
2. If you gave storage permission it might be something deeper thus a log is required as usual.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothicVI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gothicVI Ad-Free
Today, 05:57 PM |#19894  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicVI

1. Don't be demanding.
2. If you gave storage permission it might be something deeper thus a log is required as usual.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk

Foll. are the attachements!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yashpalgoyal1304 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yashpalgoyal1304 Ad-Free
Today, 06:09 PM |#19895  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicVI

1. Don't be demanding.
2. If you gave storage permission it might be something deeper thus a log is required as usual.....

Something shared with me at some point in the past in this thread is that across translation between some languages "please fix" is not intended to be demanding...although for this issues there should not be an exception for logs/details.

Quote:

Hello Sir, Namaste! I am using MiXplorer on my Micromax Spark 2+ (Q350) running Android Version 6.0 AOSP (unrooted with stock recovery). I wanna say that this app is unable to make changes (rename, cut, copy, paste, delete) to the files on SD card (although working fine for internal storage) despite giving the storage permission (the only permission it asked on my phone). All other apps (inc. Opera Mini, ES file explorer etc.) can make changes to files on SD card.

I am facing this problem right from the day I begin to use it i.e. since version 13.xx (probably 13.88 or so).

Please fix this. I love its features!!

FYI: the statement "Please fix" in English appears as a demand that a person might make of a paid support group but not in a development forum. Also, as @gothicVI suggests, make sure you have given MiXplorer proper permissions (post 1 of the FAQ describes some things to do in this regard when installing MiXplorer), then if that does not work then log the issue (suggestions for logging and bug reporting in MiX are in this FAQ post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...67&postcount=7).

Also, here is some general advise about communicating about Android problems in development forums. https://forum.xda-developers.com/wik...blem_-_Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Today, 06:17 PM |#19896  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:

Foll. are the attachements!

Try with 6.15.6, I think there were recent fixes for SD cards. (The .7 is the latest, but it's bugged, avoid it).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Zé Alguém For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sr. Zé Alguém Ad-Free
Today, 06:24 PM |#19897  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

Try with 6.15.6, I think there were recent fixes for SD cards. (The .7 is the latest, but it's bugged, avoid it).

That's good advice but in this case: "I am facing this problem right from the day I begin to use it i.e. since version 13.xx (probably 13.88 or so)." It it would be nice to see a log.

@yashpalgoyal1304, if it also occurs in 6.15.6 please do log it in that version, or wait until HP fixes the issues that have been reported in 6.15.7 then install and test in the next version after that one when it it is released.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Today, 06:40 PM |#19898  

More
You guys are so helpful, thanks for giving me suggestions/advice (whatever u think)!! I am thankful to all who posted here!

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Something shared with me at some point in the past in this thread is that across translation between some languages "please fix" is not intended to be demanding...although for this issues there should not be an exception for logs/details.

FYI: the statement "Please fix" in English appears as a demand that a person might make of a paid support group but not in a development forum. Also, as @gothicVI suggests, make sure you have given MiXplorer proper permissions (post 1 of the FAQ describes some things to do in this regard when installing MiXplorer), then if that does not work then log the issue (suggestions for logging and bug reporting in MiX are in this FAQ post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...67&postcount=7).

Also, here is some general advise about communicating about Android problems in development forums. https://forum.xda-developers.com/wik...blem_-_Android.

I didn't knew any of these!! I will keep these in mind in my future communictions!
The Following User Says Thank You to yashpalgoyal1304 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yashpalgoyal1304 Ad-Free
Today, 06:56 PM |#19899  

More
Its looking like its working nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

Have tried the version 6.15.6. Things were looking like running better in SD Cards! Issue seeming to be fixed! Am attaching the log. Thanks for telling!!!

:thumbsup:
Attached Files
File Type: txt MiX-B1706231_2017-06-27_23-14.txt - [Click for QR Code] (5.8 KB, 2 views)
Today, 06:58 PM |#19900  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 20,062

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

Edit : 2 bugs. I cannot export settings either, "failed" as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

Nice to know that it's not just me then. Thanks for the logs btw, I'm not home right now so I couldn't do it myself

I might just go back to the previous version later today and see if it works there.

Sent from my LG-H850 using XDA Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_henry

Hi, just noticed that the newest version crashes when trying to send files over wifi. Steps to reproduce: select file -> choose "Send to". After that the app immediately crashes. Tested on two totally different devices. Logs attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

Yea, I can confirm that too ... oddly enough I couldn't install the previous version over this one either (which usually works). I had to backup MiX with TiBu, uninstall it, install 6.15.6 and then restore only the data from 6.15.7.

Bookmarks still have a bit of their own mind though
After the new online storage bookmarks finally stayed at the bottom my old "External" bookmark decided to join them and went all the way to the bottom. I couldn't convice it to stay in the middle where it had been for ages, so I removed it and added it fresh. Then it did as it was told and stayed in the center

No idea when this behaviour started though, I've had my regular bookmarks for months, probably a year at least. Today was the first time I wanted to add some and of course MiX decided I was asking too much or something

All good though, in the end I was the winner

There is a problem with the file browser dialog. I'd fix it now. Thank you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, encfs, epub, mix, mixplorer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)