Bluetooth nexus one connecting to Renault carkit

Search This thread

sabiwa

Jan 18, 2010
I recently got my new Renault Scenic car and discovered a rather strange situation.

The phone pairs with the carkit and connects the first time without issues and works like a charm.

But however when I start the car and thus also the carkit the phone connects also but no audio is heared trough the carkit when calling or getting called. The phone says it transfers the connection to the carkit but nothing is heared.

It only works when I have bluetooth off, starts the car and then turning bluetooth on the phone on. Wait till it connects and make a call. With this procedure the connection is good till I step out the car.

Its a work around but hmmm not the one i would love to.

I have a nexus one rooted with the latest MCR (21) and an intersect kernel. Though I tried different kernels also but no go.

Hopefully one of you guys have an idea

sabiwa

Jan 18, 2010
Ok I searched a bit and found out the Bluetooth is done with the opensource code Bluez. So I wonder which version of Bluez is in the froyo roms and how it can be updated if possible to a new version.

Anyone knows ?

igalan

Jan 23, 2007
Barcelona
I feel your pain, I have a Renault Grand Scenic III (purchased last December) and the hands-free is unreliable, but music streaming (A2DP) is even worse as most often than not it will fail to connect.

I have to say that the hands-free works fine most of the times (for the phone part, not for music), but some days it will refuse to work no matter what. Since it isn't working much better with my wife's Nokia (BTW, which I had to do a firmware update or else it went into a permanent reboot loop when connected to the car-kit), I assume the problem lies on the car, not on the phone. I have yet to see if my Hero, which has been recently updated to Android 2.1, behaves any better. A firmware update on the Bluetooth car-kit seems a better approach, but I'm unaware if one exists since after some digging it seems my car doesn't use the OEM Parrot kit that other earlier models carried.

cofrdr

Oct 19, 2007
I feel your pain, I have a Renault Grand Scenic III (purchased last December) and the hands-free is unreliable, but music streaming (A2DP) is even worse as most often than not it will fail to connect.

I have to say that the hands-free works fine most of the times (for the phone part, not for music), but some days it will refuse to work no matter what. Since it isn't working much better with my wife's Nokia (BTW, which I had to do a firmware update or else it went into a permanent reboot loop when connected to the car-kit), I assume the problem lies on the car, not on the phone. I have yet to see if my Hero, which has been recently updated to Android 2.1, behaves any better. A firmware update on the Bluetooth car-kit seems a better approach, but I'm unaware if one exists since after some digging it seems my car doesn't use the OEM Parrot kit that other earlier models carried.
Hi,

I've just come across your post. Did the situation improve ?
I'd just point out that for me it comes from the Android system : I own a Renault Mégane 3 and was able to fully use the bluetooth system with my HTC HD2 (Windows Mobile 6.5). Now, I've just installed Android 2.2 on it and I encounter a similar behavior... and the car can't connect to the phone directory either...
Looks like I'll boot back on Windows Mobile when driving...

Regards,

Stéphane

igalan

Jan 23, 2007
Barcelona
My Hero with the official 2.1 ROM is now 100% reliable. The Nexus One with Froyo isn't, A2DP is still hit & miss.

d-e-a-d

Jul 12, 2007
Well... I'm getting the same but not with Renault ones.
I have LiquidAUX on my car and to have both phone and a2dp synced, I have to restart phone BT and LiquidAUX every time I go into car. And most of the times I can only have 1 connection each time, or phone is on and a2dp is off or a2dp is on and phone is off. It's really annoying since I had an HTC Hero with Android 2.2 and it used to work with no problems... :(

wimdv

Jun 28, 2017
Hello, I've the same issue with my new Renault and Nexus LG. The phone pairs with the carkit and connects the first time without issues and works like fine. Once someone calls, the connection is terrible or lost! I checked the phone compatibility list at Reanoult and the NEXUS LG is on that list. So it should work. Updated R-link2, same issue. I went to the Renault garage and they told me that this is a bug in the Renault software, they can't do anything about it. Can't believe this, there should be a solution or fix.