OUKITEL U16 Max - Development & Support

Search This thread

KokkoM

Jan 13, 2014
Lappeenranta, Finland
Command should be
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

If you only put boot recovery it just boots not actually flash it...i think thats the way it is.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Thanks for posting scatter file but once again says invalid

Yes, it boot only twrp and work still. i never install twrp on any device becouse it slow, i use Flashfire for flashing, backup etc.. :)

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Everytime I try to flash V7 Scatterfile I get this error. All others flash fine.

Are you tested different version of flash tool old/never?

gosa

Aug 3, 2009
I'm sorry, but I've read last page over and over again and I'm still confused... can you root without having installed twrp? Just flash Magisk through fastboot?
- Or am I missing something?

KokkoM

Jan 13, 2014
Lappeenranta, Finland
I'm sorry, but I've read last page over and over again and I'm still confused... can you root without having installed twrp? Just flash Magisk through fastboot?
- Or am I missing something?
Just like i write earlier, it only boot phone to twrp but not install it on phone so default recovery stay untouched. it need boot only one time for supersu/magisk, later use Flashfire apk.

gosa

Aug 3, 2009
Just like i write earlier, it only boot phone to twrp but not install it on phone so default recovery stay untouched. it need boot only one time for supersu/magisk, later use Flashfire apk.

I'm sorry... it's been quite some time since I read this thread the last time, so I probably have to go back and start from the beginning all over again because that one does not make sense to me. And reading your post:

KokkoM said:
Got Sp flash working. Update V6 to V7 with flashtool and then it updating to V14, then rooting again with Magisk via fastboot sideload without installing twrp.
Everything working

... gives me the impression that you get Magisk onto the phone without involving twrp.

So you use twrp, but without installing it? How do you boot to twrp if it's not installed?

Sorry for being a bit thick, I'll just go back to the beginning to see if I can get that one to make a bit more sense.

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Yes tried different versions of flashtool. Like I said v2 or v5 flashes fine. Whenever I try v7 no matter where I get the file from it says invalid.

KokkoM

Jan 13, 2014
Lappeenranta, Finland
... gives me the impression that you get Magisk onto the phone without involving twrp.

So you use twrp, but without installing it? How do you boot to twrp if it's not installed?

fastboot boot recovery.img command while recovery.img is adb folder on computer just boot twrp and not install it like i said earlier post, just try you see :)

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
I get what KokkoM is saying. Just make sure whatever you want to flash with Twrp is already installed to your device or sd card. Then once you boot into Twrp you can flash supersu or Magisk. I prefer supersu as with Magisk some rooted apps I use do not work. But everytime you need Twrp you will have to use adb to boot it again if I understand it right.

KokkoM

Jan 13, 2014
Lappeenranta, Finland
[/COLOR]
I get what KokkoM is saying. Just make sure whatever you want to flash with Twrp is already installed to your device or sd card. Then once you boot into Twrp you can flash supersu or Magisk. I prefer supersu as with Magisk some rooted apps I use do not work. But everytime you need Twrp you will have to use adb to boot it again if I understand it right.
what do you meen already installed? i gues you mean copy the file computer or sd?
sorry again my bad english :)
Just use flashfire apk, no need adb :)
here more info: https://www.google.com/amp/s/aubykh...to-twrp-or-cwm-recovery-without-flashing/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/xdaforums.com/general/paid-software/flashfire-t3075433/amp/

Last edited:

gosa

Aug 3, 2009

[/COLOR]
what do you meen already installed? i gues you mean copy the file computer or sd?
sorry again my bad english :)
Just use flashfire apk, no need adb :)
here more info: https://www.google.com/amp/s/aubykh...to-twrp-or-cwm-recovery-without-flashing/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/xdaforums.com/general/paid-software/flashfire-t3075433/amp/

Kiitos! (That would be "Thank you!" for you butchieboy ;))

I didn't think that was possible, hence my confusion. I checked your link and this seems like something I might try one of these days. It's like the best of two worlds - being able to back up my phone and install root without touching too much. (Actually couldn't care less about installing another recovery - it's root that I want).

knabbjolf

Jul 1, 2013
Status of roms ?
Im following your work with great interest here. Are the roms all fixed by now and of full functionality with touch, finger print scanner, reversed buttons etc ?

Im finding the u16 very slow compared to my three year old huawei. Hardware spec of u16 is great, is there speed improvements that can be done to software ? I have cleaned my device quite thoroughly. Is v6 snappier than v7 as v7 dont carry much more functionality than v6 but eyecandy ? If someone repost links to latest current roms you will save me time as i most prolly will mix them up =0)

Kindly, K.Jolf.

Last edited:

KokkoM

Jan 13, 2014
Lappeenranta, Finland
Status of roms ?
Im following your work with great interest here. Are the roms all fixed by now and of full functionality with touch, finger print scanner, reversed buttons etc ?

Im finding the u16 very slow compared to my three year old huawei. Hardware spec of u16 is great, is there speed improvements that can be done to software ? I have cleaned my device quite thoroughly. Is v6 snappier than v7 as v7 dont carry much more functionality than v6 but eyecandy ? If someone repost links to latest current roms you will save me time as i most prolly will mix them up =0)

Kindly, K.Jolf.
New V14 is stable, fast and good batterylife. I dont find V14 download, so have to update via ota.

Reactions: knabbjolf

pandollar

Apr 19, 2010
Taunton
Status of roms ?

Kindly, K.Jolf.

I tend to go into Dev options and under Drawing turn off Windows animation scale-Transition animation scale-animation duration scale, makes it far more snappier.

Reactions: knabbjolf

knabbjolf

Jul 1, 2013
I found opera webbrowser ver 37 to be remarkably quicker in response and execution compared to current ver 42 in playstore. With the suggestions above and opera ver 37 I may survive with this new oukitel octacore =0) Thank you for good advices.

gosa

Aug 3, 2009
It seems like the more "general" thread that's being referred to in OP have been closed, so I'll ask here instead...
(Sorry for that)

Is any of you using Poweramp?

I'm having problems getting the phone/Poweramp to accept that I unticked actions on plug/unplug wired headphones. Whenever I have the app open in the background with a song paused it always start playing when I plug/unplug my headphones. Can any of you reproduce that?

Thanks in advance...

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
It seems like the more "general" thread that's being referred to in OP have been closed, so I'll ask here instead...
(Sorry for that)

Is any of you using Poweramp?

I'm having problems getting the phone/Poweramp to accept that I unticked actions on plug/unplug wired headphones. Whenever I have the app open in the background with a song paused it always start playing when I plug/unplug my headphones. Can any of you reproduce that?

Thanks in advance...

Oh thanks for the alert, I'll open another thread then, the OP of that thread has been banned for spam.

About Poweramp, I think it is related to the headphones's third-pin for volume/play controls. When you plug the connector, a false contact might generate a key press, making the phone think that you pressed the play/answer button. I'm not 100% sure though, but I had this issue in the past with another device. (Fixed with a Kernel Patch)

Reactions: knabbjolf and gosa

knabbjolf

Jul 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosa
"It seems like the more "general" thread that's being referred to in OP have been closed"

Aha, thats why I couldnt find that thread. Please move my posts here over to the new general thread. My apologies for spamming.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2

Top Liked Posts