By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2017, 01:18 AM |#21821  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Not missing anything, I'm using the new one with my Substratum theme nothing changed.

Yes is not that much but for example now you can swype from the middle of the screen to pull up app drawer and the longpress shortcuts feature has a new UI.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

28th June 2017, 01:22 AM |#21822  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 44,018

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeryckNS

Yes is not that much but for example now you can swype from the middle of the screen to pull up app drawer and the longpress shortcuts feature has a new UI.

I did not know that, good stuff. When Dave has time I'm sure he'll update it. But you could try Substratum if possible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
28th June 2017, 05:50 PM |#21823  
Flag Blue Springs, MO
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Hoping someone could help with this one.

Substratum/Dom ination

A couple of issues:

#1* When choosing accent color:

I cannot get Lime accent color back.* I had it (helps greatly when using gboard) before, and now I can't get it back.

#2* Notification items such as player controls, etc. are dark grey instead of white.* This too I once had and cannot get back.

As always, really appreciate all of your time, effort, and work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170628-113850.png
Views:	388
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	4195971

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
28th June 2017, 11:27 PM |#21824  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 12,413

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid71

Hoping someone could help with this one.

Substratum/Dom ination

A couple of issues:

#1* When choosing accent color:

I cannot get Lime accent color back.* I had it (helps greatly when using gboard) before, and now I can't get it back.

#2* Notification items such as player controls, etc. are dark grey instead of white.* This too I once had and cannot get back.

As always, really appreciate all of your time, effort, and work.

Attachment 4195971

Hey bud,

Issue #2 is a result of issue #1. The latest version of Substratum is buggy as fudge, so this is what I have been doing. Open the Subs app, slide open the navigation drawer and click on Overlay list. Click the fab, flick the switch to select all overlays and choose Uninstall overlays. Once that is done, reboot the phone. When you boot back into Android, open Substratum again, click on Dumbination and then choose the apps you want themed (or flick the switch at the top to select all). Don't forget to change your accent to Lime. Then click the fab and select Build & Enable. Go make a coffee and then when Subs finishes... voila! You should have your Lime accent back.

Let me know if that works or not, feel free to hit me up in PM if you need to
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daveyannihilation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveyannihilation Ad-Free
29th June 2017, 02:23 AM |#21825  
Flag Blue Springs, MO
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Davey, your instructions were dead on. I'm all fixed up thanks to you.
Needless to say I'll follow these steps when I have Substratum issues in the future.
Thanks for saving my bacon again sir.
Kind regards,
Jeff

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skid71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skid71 Ad-Free
29th June 2017, 08:39 AM |#21826  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys,

I just want to install one specific app (google keep), and I was wondering how I can do this? I have seen zip files for specific apps on the team's website, but I am unable to sideload them into my galaxy S5.

Is there some guide or tutorial I can follow? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
29th June 2017, 08:46 AM |#21827  
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical_Mir

Hi guys,

I just want to install one specific app (google keep), and I was wondering how I can do this? I have seen zip files for specific apps on the team's website, but I am unable to sideload them into my galaxy S5.

Is there some guide or tutorial I can follow? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Because Keep is an app made by Go_Ogle, it is packaged in a zip which needs to be flashed in a custom recovery like TWRP (are there any others anymore???), so do you have a custom recovery installed on your phone?

#WhiteUIMustDie #ThemesMatter
29th June 2017, 08:49 AM |#21828  
Thanks Meter: 272

More
I just checked the TBO Resources page and there are 4 YouTube files, but only 2 real variants... it seems like someone posted the zips and then re-uploaded a quick fix.

there's:

ThemeReadyYouTube12.23.60-LP-MM-N-arm64.zip @ 23.6MB
and
ThemeReadyYouTube-12.23.60-arm64-LP-MM-N.zip @ 17.4MB

I'm assuming that since the TBO updater only shows the 2nd one (17.4MB) then I want that one. But I'm curious as to what the difference is -- and wanted to point out that if the original (first one listed above, 23.6MB) was uploaded erroneously, it may be a good idea to remove it from the Resources page to avoid confusion between files with the same version (just in case someone forgot Y'all aren't human or anything, amirite?).

Thanks again y'all, keep on doin' the lord's work!
29th June 2017, 01:38 PM |#21829  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

Because Keep is an app made by Go_Ogle, it is packaged in a zip which needs to be flashed in a custom recovery like TWRP (are there any others anymore???), so do you have a custom recovery installed on your phone?

Hi, thanks for the info. No, I do not have TWRP installed, nor is my phone rooter.. I was really hoping to find a standalone apk file I could sideload onto my galaxy S5 (at&t variant).

Does the official version of Go0gle Keep still not have a dark/black theme option?
29th June 2017, 01:43 PM |#21830  
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borxnx

I just checked the TBO Resources page and there are 4 YouTube files, but only 2 real variants... it seems like someone posted the zips and then re-uploaded a quick fix.

there's:

ThemeReadyYouTube12.23.60-LP-MM-N-arm64.zip @ 23.6MB
and
ThemeReadyYouTube-12.23.60-arm64-LP-MM-N.zip @ 17.4MB

I'm assuming that since the TBO updater only shows the 2nd one (17.4MB) then I want that one. But I'm curious as to what the difference is -- and wanted to point out that if the original (first one listed above, 23.6MB) was uploaded erroneously, it may be a good idea to remove it from the Resources page to avoid confusion between files with the same version (just in case someone forgot Y'all aren't human or anything, amirite?).

Thanks again y'all, keep on doin' the lord's work!

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct. The larger, older zip was not correct so I have deleted it and it's arm64 partner. What is left are the correct zips. Thanks for reminding me 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical_Mir

Hi, thanks for the info. No, I do not have TWRP installed, nor is my phone rooter.. I was really hoping to find a standalone apk file I could sideload onto my galaxy S5 (at&t variant).

Does the official version of Go0gle Keep still not have a dark/black theme option?

Unfortunately you can't install these without either root or a custom recovery. Unfortunately you have neither. Have you considered flashing TWRP and a custom ROM? They're good for what ails ya, namely YuckShiz and its Fisher-Price styling.

Unfortunately no, Keep doesn't have a built in dark theme. Go_Ogle doesn't believe in giving users what they want. They much prefer to blind us all with their horrible white UIs. Just horrendous.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daveyannihilation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveyannihilation Ad-Free
29th June 2017, 06:34 PM |#21831  
Flag Whittier, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,200

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct. The larger, older zip was not correct so I have deleted it and it's arm64 partner. What is left are the correct zips. Thanks for reminding me 🤘

Unfortunately you can't install these without either root or a custom recovery. Unfortunately you have neither. Have you considered flashing TWRP and a custom ROM? They're good for what ails ya, namely YuckShiz and its Fisher-Price styling.

Unfortunately no, Keep doesn't have a built in dark theme. Go_Ogle doesn't believe in giving users what they want. They much prefer to blind us all with their horrible white UIs. Just horrendous.

You can using substratum, not rooted, but yeah it's an external solution. Just discovered it yesterday and am using cerj's big blue overlay.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)