FORUMS

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,191
 
By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2017, 11:02 AM |#56271  
hamdir's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,191
 
More
@*justintime* @altimax98

i can confirm the latest test build deals with camera speed

Usonic audio improved as well
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
4th July 2017, 11:03 AM |#56272  
hamdir's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,191
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus

I always think a trifecta of good devices is a nice way to go. Hypothetical names below

High End (two tiered with a + model) - U11 & U11 + - Two models a year
Mid Range - HTC U11 Lifestyle - One model a year
Low End - HTC Desire - One model a year

Keep things simple (Almost identical software for U11 and U11 +). Spouting out all of these random models and then models that are only in Europe and then models that only hit Asia and then models that only hit Antarctica etc is a waste for HTC in terms of how small they've become.

i disagree the smaller u11 should not be mid range, this is not how Samsung/Apple/Google does it
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
4th July 2017, 11:16 AM |#56273  
rizevnarastek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 675
 
More
Don't know why there releasing another midrange U device... Isn't that U Play's job? Although this will for sure be better than Samsung's A5 but then again so is U Play isn't it?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
4th July 2017, 11:40 AM |#56274  
Galactus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

i disagree the smaller u11 should not be mid range, this is not how Samsung/Apple/Google does it

Maybe I wrote my thing wrong, two models of U11, one smaller (5.2 inch) and one larger (5.7 inch) almost identical to each other besides screen size, battery size.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

@*justintime* @altimax98

i can confirm the latest test build deals with camera speed

Usonic audio improved as well

Biggest problem with the USonic audio is the treble is overly harsh, so hopefully that is sorted.
4th July 2017, 12:09 PM |#56275  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 884
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

i disagree the smaller u11 should not be mid range, this is not how Samsung/Apple/Google does it

Absolutely. Stick an s835 into this and give it the same camera as the U11 and I'll pre-order it (and I never pre-order phones). But this just looks like a replacement for the Play with Edge Sense added (and if they try to sell this and the Play at the same time then I'll know they've gone insane...).
4th July 2017, 01:30 PM |#56276  
altimax98's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 677
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

@*justintime* @altimax98

i can confirm the latest test build deals with camera speed

Usonic audio improved as well

Awesome! I very much am looking forward to these upcoming builds

Edit - also, do you notice the same thing I do with the camera speed?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
4th July 2017, 01:38 PM |#56277  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,408
 
More
So as usual the first batches are having hardware problems. I will wait that this light bleed thingy is fixed on newer batches to think switching to the U11. Btw it's not even officialy out here yet!

Sent from my SM-G950F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
4th July 2017, 02:24 PM |#56278  
Rage1ofakind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 563
 
More
I Pre ordered the HTC U11 in Solar Red. They say it will start rolling out in the UK, from the 10th of this month. I'm actually so excited for it
The Following User Says Thank You to Rage1ofakind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rage1ofakind Ad-Free
4th July 2017, 02:57 PM |#56279  
Flynnchen82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

So as usual the first batches are having hardware problems. I will wait that this light bleed thingy is fixed on newer batches to think switching to the U11. Btw it's not even officialy out here yet!

Sent from my SM-G950F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Guess you might have to wait long then.
The 10 which I bought only some months ago (end of feb) had a much worse display as the U11 has. So I don't think this is any kind of defective hardware, it is just the display as it is.
Would call most displays out there are inferior to the U11's display. This is a tiny negative and i can live with that because you won't see it most times. Only when you know it you start staring at it, that's the problem...

Btw. although i already decided not to exchange because that would be nitpicking and useless, today I got answer from HTC support. Just the usual sentences like "can't return because longer than 14 days", "check this and that in software or reset it to test if it is a software problem", "send it in for repair if the problem is still existing".
Hadn't expected other...
4th July 2017, 03:06 PM |#56280  
*justintime*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 475
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnchen82

Guess you might have to wait long then.
The 10 which I bought only some months ago (end of feb) had a much worse display as the U11 has. So I don't think this is any kind of defective hardware, it is just the display as it is.
Would call most displays out there are inferior to the U11's display. This is a tiny negative and i can live with that because you won't see it most times. Only when you know it you start staring at it, that's the problem...

Btw. although i already decided not to exchange because that would be nitpicking and useless, today I got answer from HTC support. Just the usual sentences like "can't return because longer than 14 days", "check this and that in software or reset it to test if it is a software problem", "send it in for repair if the problem is still existing".
Hadn't expected other...

100% true it's because you know and bit nitpicking.
Asked friends (non tech) if they could see something strange on the screen.
None did.... And while i am very nitpicking on device builds... I can live with it. Don't "see" it anymore (blocked in mind)
4th July 2017, 03:09 PM |#56281  
Digitalkarma's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,741
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/statu...60938346065924

a mid range u11, clearly tiny pixel camera, i dont know why HTC insists on doing this crap

you would think HTC would learn not to release one too many devices and just stick with one or two..

but i find this somewhat interesting in regards to Sense 9.0 and bluetooth 5.0.

an update to Sense finally? isnt the U11 still on Sense 8? they never really said but the UI is definitely due for a visual upgrade.. and can bluetooth be updated to 5.0 via firmware if HTC decides to do a major update for the U11?
The Following User Says Thank You to Digitalkarma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Digitalkarma Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes